It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry says ‘all options remain on table’ for Venezuela

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

www.presstv.ir...

US Secretary of State John Kerry says “all options” are on the table against Venezuela days after a US Senate panel approved the imposition of sanctions on the Latin American country.

During his first visit to Mexico as the US secretary of state which was aimed at increasing educational ties between the two countries, Kerry spoke forcefully on Wednesday about the recent political unrest in Venezuela, saying the US is losing patience with the Venezuelan government.

“All options remain on the table at this time with hopes to move this process forward,” Kerry said in Mexico City. “Our hope is that sanctions won’t be necessary.”

Kerry’s remarks came one day after the Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted 13-2 in favor of legislation requiring the Obama administration to ban visas and freeze the assets of Venezuelan officials for alleged human rights violations during anti-government demonstrations. The bill will now go to the full Senate floor for consideration.

Venezuela has been the scene of violent pro- and anti-government demonstrations since early February.

The opposition criticizes the government for the high crime rate and economic hardships in the country, claiming that the policies of the government have led to a shortage of essential goods and a high inflation rate.

The government of President Nicolas Maduro has said the violent protests are part of a US-engineered plot to overthrow the government in the oil-rich Latin American country.

Isn't freedom and demon-ocracy wonderful ..

Another oil rich nation going to be invaded ..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
1 - This is from PRESSTV. not a reliable source.
2 - We aren't going to invade Venezuela.
3 - 'All options on the table' supposedly for economic sanctions ... not invasion.
edit on 5/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
1 - This is from PRESSTV. not a reliable source.
2 - We aren't going to invade Venezuela.
3 - 'All options on the table' supposedly for economic sanctions ... not invasion.

1. www.reuters.com...
I suggest you read the entire article .. source is credible..
2. I hope so , but history does not support your claims.
3. All options means all options which include military , otherwise he would not say "all options on the table"

America not going to invade an oil rich nation , is that a bad joke

edit on 22-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Reuters is also carrying this first thing this morning and with a less complimentary title....

Venezuela's efforts to resolve crisis 'total failure': Kerry

Keeping in mind Venezuela is an OPEC nation and we import from them at a level twice that of Iraq and not that far below Saudi Arabia itself. An unstable Venezuela is something I think the US will go beyond decent in seeing doesn't last long term.
edit on 22-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This is from PRESSTV. not a reliable source.

So if this was from CNN, FOX al jazeera, al arabiya whom have being lying about Ukraine, Syria, Bosnia please do tell us why they are reliable.

3 - 'All options on the table' supposedly for economic sanctions ... not invasion. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sanctions always lead to wars in the end.

-They want us to get involved in Ukraine.
-They want another intervention elsewhere in Africa
-The failing Syrian Opposition are calling for another intervention in Syria.

Just how many more interventions does America want and want to fail?
edit on 22-5-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I wish this 1%'er idiot would just shut up!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Sanctions always lead to wars in the end.

I think a short google search would prove this false. South Africa springs to mind, how about North Korea? NK has been pissing in everyone's Wheaties since the end of the Korean war (which they started.) We never invaded Cambodia and they had a whopper of a nut job running that tropical paradise. I'm sure we could find half a dozen in Africa who have had sanctions of one form or another that we didn't invade...hmm Sudan?

V

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Who needs HAARP to change the weather when the US can create a "Spring" anywhere in the world?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
We rarely do anything overt in South America. Usually lead coups from the shadows. Chavez is gone and the capitalists got rowdy hoping to get rid of his successor any of our dealings there would be hidden among the capitalist revolt.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

South africa got no oil, all those african countries you talk about have no oil.

America is pissed off with themselves over Russia and China f,,ing them around and now those useless government of usa act like a spoilt child and will go find something smaller then them to slap around to feel better. That and the fact Venezuela have OIL.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

But they have lots of Diamonds, though. Lots. But the Africans do not own the mines.

Yeah....isn't it funny how the zio-nuts in DC like to force "democracy" on the world??
They're pretty much saying: "either fall in line you puppets or else we will punish you".
Gotta LOL at how these lunatics do business with other people of the world. We need a regime change in the U.S.. But first the federal reserve has to be destroyed and all of those arrested and charged with treason, fraud, thieving, - amongst many other crimes.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

America can not touch diamonds in africa without israel going kim jong-ill on america. They controll the diamond trade the world over. And we know the usa is the bitch of israel

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's just ''A new global order'' guess who is in control when they succeed?

It's not only about oil, like Iraq, but it's about controlling resourches/money and governments so they then can trade ''freely'' in their controlled global money ($)/resource scheme.

The price for getting it means many suffering, chaos, deads but I guess it's must be worth it in the end!
edit on 22-5-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

South africa got no oil, all those african countries you talk about have no oil. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

To be honest we don't need anyone's oil. But better to use everyone else first right?
As for Africa, there are many more resources other than oil. Africa is blessed with all kinds of goodies. Too bad they keep killing each other instead of getting their act together. Don't worry though, the Chinese are in Africa big time. They will straighten it all out.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

Yeah....isn't it funny how the zio-nuts in DC like to force "democracy" on the world??
They're pretty much saying: "either fall in line you puppets or else we will punish you".

Yeah exactly.

Its a case of accept democracy! But only only do the stuff we tell you too.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

isn't it funny how the zio-nuts in DC like to force "democracy" on the world?? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pray tell... What form of government is better than democracy. Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Has everyone, well just some, gone crazy. Look every major player on the world stage will go to ANY links to protect their national security and their interests. It matters no whether your talking Russia and Syria, China and N. Korea, or the United States and any country we get our oil from.

In the end you support it whether you want to admit or not, why. Because you won't stand for ten dollars a gallon for gas. You won't stand for energy cost that breaks your bank and effects your lifestyle. Hey that is just brutally honest.

I know I won't and if that means we meddle in Venezuela's politics so be it. In the end you are not an honest person if you speak differently when things start to effect your family and your kids. If you have been to other parts of the world you would know this is universal. Every culture when it comes down to it will do what is best for them at the expense of other countries and cultures.

The Bot

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable

isn't it funny how the zio-nuts in DC like to force "democracy" on the world?? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pray tell... What form of government is better than democracy. Inquiring minds want to know!

Have a medal for completly missing my point.

I never said democracy was wrong or bad.

What I said was a phoney US puppet democracy is wrong. Ie one thats parrots the will of its US masters and not its people.

What I see if the US unhappy at the direction of a soverign nation and therefore wants to force its own view of whats right on them even if the people dont want that, just like Iraq, Afganistan and the faild attempt in vietnam. Lets hope the US this times keeps its interfrance at words.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Well i won't talk about Vietnam but the last i checked both the countries of Iraq and Afghanistan have had multiple elections where the people for the first time in their history voted for who leads their country. That is because my brother's and sisters laid down their lives so they had that opportunity.

Of course we try and influence and coax them into governing responsibly and in a democratic fashion. You have not been paying attention if you think we have been successful in either case. Lol. I would not be honest if I said we don't want or have a strategic interest in both countries.

You don't spill blood for any piece of ground and not care about what happens to it. You kidding yourself if any country or culture feels that way.

In the end it is simple. It is like the game board, you have those who are on your side and those that are your enemy. You also have many that are in between or neutral. To win the game you must coax those to join you or take them by force and absorb them. The side that takes the most and eventually tips the board in their favor wins.

That is as simple as it gets to world politics. Is it fair, no. Does it matter which side your on, you bet your arse it does. As much as people here want to whine about things around here in America, I will take my freedom and liberty as opposed to say China and Russia any day of the week. That is pure honesty, can you be....

The Bot

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

Just no one in those countrys seemed to haves asked for your brother and sister lives or seem to have wanted US interferance.

Democracy is great for us.

But we cant go round forceing it on others and certiany not the fake puppet democracy that serves the whim of the invaders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join