It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Abortion Clinic Owner: We Pushed Sex Ed on Kids to Create a Market for Abortion

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

To be fair I'm not sure she does feign concern. True, she avoids the question of whether illegal abortions are more dangerous than legal ones, but she's quite upfront about not caring at all about others' suffering.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I fear you are now being deliberately obtuse:-

Oh, really? So all the newborns left alone in a room to die after an abortion
failed to kill them should have lived? What nonsense!

Up to 20 weeks gestation you have a 'foetus' ... with undeveloped lungs
and therefor without the capacity to BREATHE so no breath=no life.
As they have never lived .... they cannot as you say " Be left in a room
to die." The subject is a foetus and not a 'new born'

That child was found, and attended. Unattended, the child would have died, and we both
know it. The baby only survived with care from others, that it could not possibly provide
for itself.

That new born baby (not child) would always have received the care
sustenance and attention that it required. For however many people may
have passed it by there would always have been someone to find
and care for it .... the good Samaritan?? Humanity?? .... Ring any bells?

You claim that surviving alone is the criteria to be considered human. Many disabled
people cannot survive alone.

Yet again you are twisting the words of others!
I maintain that when a person is surviving, breathing and living by their
own means ... they are alive regardless of ANY disability.
If anyone is on a ventilator which is breathing for them, then they are being
kept alive ARTIFICALLY.
And none of this is applicable in the case of any foetus prior to 24 weeks gestation

I am not the one that guarantees it, but that day WILL come. Count on it.

IF that day comes I am sure everyone is more than capable
of answering for their own misdemeanours

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
And I still find your position to be horribly unrealistic. There will always be demand for abortions. I don't like it, but it's still going to happen. And banning it is horribly dangerous. As I have said before you'll just drive it underground and make it unbelievably dangerous.

Should we stop making other things illegal, because it's unrealistic to expect them to stop? Burglars can get shot, if they break into the wrong house, or injure themselves breaking in. Should we make it legal so they won't? Having laws against burglary doesn't make it stop happening. Murderers cause all sorts of problems. The cases are expensive to investigate, people become fearful, damage is done to property, etc. Should we make murder legal, so people can go up to someone and just kill them, with no consequences? People speed all the time. Should we make that legal, so they don't have to pay fines? People hire hit men to kill for them; should that be legal, too? There is a demand for that. That can be dangerous.

If someone plans to kill an unborn child, a totally helpless person, I don't think it's right to make it easy for them. lots of bad things people choose to do are dangerous; that isn't a reason to make then legal. Educating people to make different choices is the better solution. As I said before, at five WEEKS, you can see a heartbeat. I have. In most cases, abortions are done later than that. A beating heart means a life. If ultrasounds were required at any stage, more women would start to realize the truth. Less would decide to end the life they could so clearly see. Yet abortion supporters protest that requirement. It's informing the woman, so she can make a real choice, but they protest. Seems clear the only "choice" they want made is to abort. Think about that.

I KNOW people that have made that decision. I don't hate them for it, or condemn them. I do know the pain it's caused them, and I don't want others to have to go through what they did. Even the safest abortion leaves permanent damage, to the woman who makes the decision.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
Up to 20 weeks gestation you have a 'foetus' ... with undeveloped lungs
and therefor without the capacity to BREATHE so no breath=no life.
As they have never lived .... they cannot as you say " Be left in a room
to die." The subject is a foetus and not a 'new born'

That new born baby (not child) would always have received the care
sustenance and attention that it required. For however many people may
have passed it by there would always have been someone to find
and care for it .... the good Samaritan?? Humanity?? .... Ring any bells?

Babies aborted very late term have been left to die, with no care, and they have died as a result. Babies that lived through the procedure, and could have stayed alive, had they received any care. These babies CANNOT live on their own. Claiming they can simply because they have functioning lungs is flat out ridiculous. Health care workeers were told they were not allowed to care for these tiny human beings. The guy int he White House right now supported such atrocities.

Yet again you are twisting the words of others!
I maintain that when a person is surviving, breathing and living by their
own means ... they are alive regardless of ANY disability.
If anyone is on a ventilator which is breathing for them, then they are being
kept alive ARTIFICALLY.
And none of this is applicable in the case of any foetus prior to 24 weeks ge station

I am not twisting anything. You said that a fetus cannot survive on its own, so it's alright to kill it. Many disabled people cannot survive on their own. That isn't me "twisting" anything' it's you ignoring the full implications of your statement.Lots of people need machines to breathe, too. Do you support killing them as well? No working lungs was the criteria, was it not? If it applies at one age, to be fair it must apply at all ages.

IF that day comes I am sure everyone is more than capable
of answering for their own misdemeanours

Oh, everyone will answer, and a lot of people will be very unhappy with the consequences of their actions. The wages of sin is death, after all. One way or another, that penalty has to be paid. Mine has been paid, for which I am more grateful than I can ever express. Those that reject that stand alone.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join