It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Murder Rate Cut in Half After Marijuana Legalization. Coincidence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Well, I'd think any real reduction in crime would come from a legalization of harder, more addictive drugs.

Most petty thievery and property crimes are directly tied to someone who's addicted to an illegal substance and thus has to pay inflated black market prices.

Prohibition is very stupid... and it's only taken us a century to figure it out.

Harder, more addictive drugs should be prescribed and at a very low cost at a personal amount to those who have a problem with these substances.

They can have standardized instead of bastardized drugs.

Puts the dealer out of business with him and his 'free promos'.

Ends territorial battles and vigilante justice.

The user has professional help if he/she needs it.

Cheap costs prevents theft and things like prostitution to support an expensive habit.

People are gonna get drugs, but what drugs are they going to be exposed to, and where do they get them?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It doesn't surprise me at all but it's to short a time span to be statistically accurate.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
If nothing else, this thread makes me want to live in Denver. Crime is relatively low!

Seriously though, a real test of this theory would be to apply it to Detroit, Miami or Atlanta (among others). If the murder rate could be cut in half in those cities, then let's make it a federal mandate!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join