It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon looks to enlist young illegal alien ‘dreamers’ into military

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I feel if people willfully commit the criminal act of entering into this contry illegally that shows they do Not respect the principles this nation was founded on and therefore have no right to be in My countries Military.

Your linked article briefly mentions it. The DoD is looking at people who would fall under Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival.

1.Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
2.Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
3.Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
4.Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
5.Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
6.Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
7.Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Number 2 on that list is the important part. It's mainly aimed at kids who were brought over by their parents. That's who the 'Dreamers' are. So, it's not really for people who 'willfully committed the criminal act of entering into this country illegally.'

Don't you think it's a little unfair to blame the children for the crimes of the parents? Or are we aligning with North Korea where we imprison the whole family for the crimes of one?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Number 2 on that list is the important part. It's mainly aimed at kids who were brought over by their parents. That's who the 'Dreamers' are. So, it's not really for people who 'willfully committed the criminal act of entering into this country illegally.'

Don't you think it's a little unfair to blame the children for the crimes of the parents? Or are we aligning with North Korea where we imprison the whole family for the crimes of one?

Juveniles can commit crimes.
Regardless if they were brought here as a babe in arms, or walked across. They are here illegally and need to be returned back to their country of origin, along with the felony committing parent(s).

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Luuke123
a reply to: JohnPhoenix
I don't have a problem with illegal immigrants who get fake ID/cards or whatever, as long as they follow the laws

HUH? Do you realize your statement is a gross contradiction and makes absolutely no sense?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yes. But it makes sense to me.

You just have to know me to understand me, Im not like the others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join