It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Dumped 26 Billion in US Treasury Bonds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Russia has recently dumped 26 Billion dollars of US Treasury Bonds in favor of gold. www.zerohedge.com...

This coupled with yesterdays news, that China and Russia dumped the US Petro Dollar for internal trading, also signing a multibillion dollar gas pipeline and furthering joint Secuirty Agreements. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This news should have been devastating for the US economy and markets.Yet somehow it has only dipped and recovered.Between 12am and 2pm, the Dow fell sharply only to recover.This is quiet strange, as much smaller events have seen markets fall for days on end.There appears to be no obvious reason for it to rally.No great positive economic news to cause such a rally.The mainstream media certainly kept a lid on things until the markets closed.Outlets such as USATODAY falsely claimed the pipeline deal fell through.Only after market close, mainstream media slowly begain to release the truth.The market reaction today should be more telling. Maybe/maybe not, the question is why?

Then there is this mysterious US Treasury Bond consumption by Belgium.Billions of Dollars worth are either being bought, laundered or pushed on/in/through the Nation.This is nearly the Nation's full Annual GDP. There does appear to be some form of market manipulation at present. www.zerohedge.com...

I am sure many will claim America is strong and Russia and China are weak.You may be right or wrong, I'm not interested or saying anything to the contary.This thread is not about anyones opinon. What I am interested in is getting to the bottom of the market rise after the dip.What was the economic data behind it ? Anyone ?

edit on 21-5-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

This news should have been devastating for the US economy and markets. Yet somehow it has only dipped and recovered.

This exact same thought crossed my mind. I must've checked the Dow 20 times to see the impact ... and ... nothing.

You wanna talk conspiracy ... This is a good place for your finger.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well here is a a chart pertaining to gold activity over last couple of days:

Link

Marginals gains with a slight dip. I would have thought investors would start buying up gold like crazy if this was the case to secure their assets, especially in the amount be reported.

I am not sure but I think we would see a timely response if this was anticipated to have any kind of affect on the economy.
edit on 21-5-2014 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Could this be further proof that the markets are actually controlled and manipulated? I mean because Like you say the markets should have had a reaction to this event. but nothing? this goes right in the face of the all believing zealot capitalist out there.
"America is great because we live in a free market economy" haha that soundslike something some establishment hack would say right

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Agreed, does not way up.I Think someone has a finger on the scales.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

I read someone dumped 250 million of paper gold on the market 2-3 Days ago.I wish I took more notice.Have been too busy watching multiple events.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The World markets have gone in to panic over much smaller events.It flies in the face of logic, if you ask me.i just watched an Australian news story of how, the Federal Reserve made an announcement yesterday, stating everything is beautiful.It seems baseless.Not drop in unemployment or anything else tangible? Nothing ! That is not enough to shift the markets.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Gold is weird. You can't judge anything against it based on comparative values. This is the "fooly" too many investors fall in for.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the metal value of gold is $10/oz. Factor in supply (which is kept secret) and demand, and you'll get a different figure. No way gold is worth more than $100/oz. The price has been effectively and permanently manipulated. Thanks a lot, Tricky Dick (I am not a crook) Nixon!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

This news should have been devastating for the US economy and markets. Yet somehow it has only dipped and recovered.

This exact same thought crossed my mind. I must've checked the Dow 20 times to see the impact ... and ... nothing.

You wanna talk conspiracy ... This is a good place for your finger.

Na you wanna talk conspiracy how would anyone know to buy Caterpillar stock the day before the Haitian earthquake. Their chart shows a little over 6K shares traded on 6/6/2010 until 6/11/2010 when shares went to just short of 22K shares traded and on the 12th they had the big quake killing over 100K of people. Is it just a lucky guess? Thats over 3 times the trades in a single day. Then on the day of the quake they traded another 13.5K then on the 14th back to 6K I found this very interesting. Then on the 27th they went to 34K and on the 28th check the amount of earthquakes worldwide Interesting to say the least.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The only reason it did not effect the market is that people haven't been informed of what has transpired. This thing is going to backfire on the US shortly. Kiss your portfolio goodbye.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The whole thing could be a farce, being played out to get the treasuries into some third party's hands. Who, I have no idea.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Here's one of the problems with that chart. Most people buy gold and are given a slip of paper...not the actual gold. And even when they buy the actual gold, the bars are often filled with something else. People are losing their faith in gold. That could be the plan all along maybe?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The only reason it did not effect the market is that people haven't been informed of what has transpired. This thing is going to backfire on the US shortly. Kiss your portfolio goodbye.

Then again, you could gamble on cashing out now, and holding the money and then buying again after everything crashes. Take a page out of the George Soros playbook so to speak. But that takes patience and from I see, everybody, not just Americans, lack patience these days. It's even effected the Chinese. The masters of patience.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

tptb can control how the macro-market performs, particularly in the short term. they have the system fully rigged.
edit on 21-5-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
its called
"trickle down"
Economics actually.
more Gailbraith than keynesian.

+13 more 
posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am not sure what you expect? Russia sold some US bonds. Somebody else bought them. Russia and China sign a symbolic agreement that means nothing in practical reality. Russias oil export buisiness will continue to use dollars because they have no other replacement. The markets care about the reality not some sensational headlines.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir... more on Belgium Treasury Purchases. I know, I know presstv. Still warrants investigation.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I am not sure what you expect? Russia sold some US bonds. Somebody else bought them. Russia and China sign a symbolic agreement that means nothing in practical reality. Russias oil export buisiness will continue to use dollars because they have no other replacement. The markets care about the reality not some sensational headlines.

Actually, they sold a LOT of Bonds
Someone, bought a LOT of Bonds
Gas purchases/sales and trade by China from Russia and vica versa, is significant. Previously paid for ( TAXED/LEVIED ) in US Petro Dollars.The US profiteered from skimming off the top of exchange rates and exchange charges. You have lost that part of the revenue. That is a decent %age. That is a large piece of pie, that US coffers will never see again.That is a fact. So whats that practical reality again? Sanctions suck don't they?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

There does appear to be some form of market manipulation at present.

Present, Past and Future. Then electronic, high speed trading was added to rig it even more.
edit on 5/21/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

+11 more 
posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
26 Billion dollars is a drop in the Ocean, especially in US treasury bonds, the market is worth several trillion dollars.

Russia cannot compete with US economy or wish to destroy the dollar on their own, this is why markets will not crash.

And so what if China and Russia agreed a $400 billion gas deal over 30 years, ANNUAL Sino-US trade is worth over $130 billion dollars, in other words US-CHINESE trade in just 4 years is worth more than this 30 year gas deal is.

The reality is that Chinese savers provide capital which money can be created against by international banks, we westerners are issued that money as credit from banks, which we use to buy Chinese goods.

The Chinese keep the Renminbi artificially low by buying loads of the US treasury bonds, this means their goods are cheaper than other competitors, hence they are the market dominant producer-exporter in many fields.

They need the US to have massive consumer power in the ST, as they need a massive market for export, its a symbiotic relationship in which the US and China deeply depend on each other to retain growth. Russia may wish to rejoin the big league, but China will never see Russia as anything other than a regional player and small partner, the two nations have a deep distrust of each other and Russia needs China a lot more than the Chinese need Russia.

The Chinese operate on the world stage and only the US & (collapsing) the EU can match that, Russia is disposable to China, but this is not reciprocated.
edit on 21-5-2014 by rusblued9217 because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join