It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN President: We’re Not Going to Be Shamed Into Covering Benghazi Terror Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

At the Deadline Club’s annual dinner in New York City Monday night, CNN President Jeff Zucker told an interviewer that he was not “going to be shamed” into covering Benghazi because it had “no real news value.” The same network has been covering the missing Malaysian plane non-stop for the past two months.

“We’re not going to be shamed into it by others who have political beliefs that want to try to have temper tantrums to shame other news organizations into covering something,” he explained, taking a not-so-subtle shot at the Republican Party. “If it’s of real news value, we’ll cover it.”

CNN President: We’re Not Going to Be Shamed Into Covering Benghazi Terror Attack

Not news worthy? Really? It's not news worthy because they are being manipulated by the left wing Washington DC. Obama put a lid on CNN and told him to be quiet. Either that or Hilary gave a nice little paycheck to them to keep them from reporting it. Just my own little conspiracy there. I think this is REAL news and should be covered. Even if CNN did cover it though it would be a hack job.

Just what does Jeff Zucker believe is “real news”:
“I don’t think there’s any question about our commitment to breaking news, as evidenced by all the questions about the plane,” Zucker told The New York Times’ Bill Carter.

“So we’re still there whenever that happens,” he continued, “but we’re going to supplement that with some different kind of storytelling.”

What kind of stories? “Climate change is one of those stories that deserves more attention, that we all talk about,” he explained — though he lamented the fact that “when we do do those stories, there does tend to be a tremendous amount of lack of interest on the audience’s part.”

Just another full blown failure by the main stream media. I guess CNN forgot that four Americans were killed and own men were told to stand down... Nope no news there. *eye roll*

Maybe Jeff Zucker should get the hint that there’s a very limited market for even veiled left-wing propaganda. Since Zucker became CNN’s president in January 2013, the network has seen its prime time ratings fall to their lowest levels in 20 years.

-SAP-
edit on 21-5-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

But they can make time have continuous coverage of flight MH370 covering every impossible conspiracy theory for 2 weeks straight. They are still protecting this administration even when they are criminal. I hope they make room in jail for the producers that made this decision right next to idiot officials who did this.

Somehow the Republicans will be collusion, because right now they appear to be only interested in the false story of the video causing a riot. We need to find out what official was responsible for smuggling weapons to Syria and lock them up throwing away the key.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Unless the coverage is going to be, "It's election time, lets watch the Republicans drag out this dead horse and beat it again," it has no news value.

Are you similarly angry that Fox news keeps blowing Benghazi out of proportion to help the GOP score political points?
edit on 2014-5-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

That's all the covered and when North Korea were making threats to the U.S and South Korea they milked the hell out of that too.

Just ridiculous how backward the media has become. Zucker is a moron.

-SAP-

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Unless the coverage is going to be, "It's election time, lets watch the Republicans drag out this dead horse and beat it again," it has no news value.

Are you similarly angry that Fox news keeps blowing Benghazi out of proportion to help the GOP score political points?

Obama has given the Republicans plenty of ammo for election time. Just wait for it, you'll see.

-SAP-

+2 more 
link   
One of the things I was surprised by with the creation of the 24 hour news cycle was the lack of content.

I figured, gee with 24/7 news everything that ever happens anywhere will get air time.

Imagine my dismay upon discovering with a dozen dedicated 24 hour news channels there are at most four stories that get repeated every hour on the hour for weeks at a time.

And when the stories arent being repeated they fill the void with lame-ass talk shows where guests and opinionated airheads discuss those four stories in often less detail than when those four stories are simply reported on.

Why anyone continues to waste their time on these channels just baffles me.

30 seconds and Google gets you more in depth coverage than a month of watching CNN.

link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Methinks CNN reports directly to Jay Carney aka Toad Boy, for their talking points and show lineups.

Of course they won't cover anything that shines a light on the dark recesses of this administration.

Des

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Methink you're prolly right.

Nah they'll never cover anything negative about Barry or his administration... Most people are aware of the failures anyhow. Unless you have been living under a rock.

-SAP-

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I hope they make room in jail for the producers that made this decision right next to idiot officials who did this.

So now you're promoting locking up infotainment producers for choosing not to follow suit with Fox News?

See a lot of people on ATS are quick to yell "First Amendment!" whenever some bigot drops the n-bomb in public but this my friend, would be an bona fide violation of the First Amendment.
edit on 2014-5-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Looks like CNN is taking the wormy bait from Hillary and Barack and ilk.

They haff der orduhz.

I wonder what they will focus on in the timeslots?

And watch for the "Chicken of the Sea" commercials !!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Funny, CNN doesn't see four Americans including a diplomat, killed in a terrorist attack on sovereign US territory as newsworthy, but they put Bush under a microscope and reported every little thing they could spin as negative.

And forget the event as newsworthy, how about reporting on it as the coverup of administration incompetence it is? Oh yeah, that would shed a negative light on their boss in the White House, and their hopeful future boss, HRC.

Quite transparent.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Funny, CNN doesn't see four Americans including a diplomat, killed in a terrorist attack on sovereign US territory as newsworthy, but they put Bush under a microscope and reported every little thing they could spin as negative.

And forget the event as newsworthy, how about reporting on it as the coverup of administration incompetence it is? Oh yeah, that would shed a negative light on their boss in the White House, and their hopeful future boss, HRC.

Quite transparent.

I wish I could applaud the above statement. Very well said, couldn't agree more.
Incompetence is the name of the game for this administration.

-SAP-

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I hope they make room in jail for the producers that made this decision right next to idiot officials who did this.

So now you're promoting locking up infotainment producers for choosing not to follow suit with Fox News?

See a lot of people on ATS are quick to yell "First Amendment!" whenever some bigot drops the n-bomb in public but this my friend, would be an bona fide violation of the First Amendment.

Now you're taking all the fun out it. These knuckleheads are there as a check and balance to protect the public. There is no balance and they admit they are not going to check into anything, besides what does Fox News have to do with it? This is CNN making the decision not to cover a criminal action by the administration.

I don't see the first amendment issue here this is not doing your job. Who is it that protects the public from an out of control government? If it wasn't for a some sort of functioning news media we wouldn't know a thing the government is doing, they sure aren't going to tell you of the atrocities they commit now are they.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Don't see why they should, Faux News has it mauled to death
They need to lay off the Malaysian Air stuff still, even though it's not as much as it was, it's still beating-a-dead-horse territory. Too much of any single story is going to drive people well away from them (news channels in general) and generate apathy.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

the problem with this approach is the polarized political landscape in America has grown to have "left" and "right" news outlets.

If the "left" news outlets aren't going to report it, their audience will just say, "Aw hell, Faux is the only one talking about it, so it must be bogus". We are an animal wired for groupthink, not critical think.

Now, perhaps we can not have the false political dichotomy shackling us as a nation. Until then, all i can say is that CNN has no shame and can't be shamed into anything.
edit on 5/21/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think the problem is more total over-saturation than political. I'm honestly sick & tired of hearing about Benghazi, and actively avoid the threads on ATS. Similarly, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grateful it's not front & center on CNN or MSNBC, too. Until something that is a full-on collective citizens gasp happens with the investigations (like someone going to prison) I'm not interested in the topic anymore. I know I'm not alone in that thought, and it spans parties, too. I know just as many Reps as I do Dems tired of the Benghazi controversy rehashed.
edit on 5/21/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Sorry but the CIA outpost they were killed at was not sovereign US territory. Also they hardly put Bush under a microscope seeing how we heard basically nothing about the 13 Benghazis that happened on his watch.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

To me, i'd drop it if accountability for failures was had. I don't care which side of the fence they are on, i want accountability. Especially when people die.

If that happened, you would see fewer people screaming about it.

Its like i tell newly married men: when your wife is screaming at you, don't just presume she is "just nagging" and ignore her. Pay attention and figure out what she is screaming about. Same with Benghazi. Half this country is screaming about it and being ignored.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

To me, i'd drop it if accountability for failures was had. I don't care which side of the fence they are on, i want accountability. Especially when people die.

If that happened, you would see fewer people screaming about it.

Its like i tell newly married men: when your wife is screaming at you, don't just presume she is "just nagging" and ignore her. Pay attention and figure out what she is screaming about. Same with Benghazi. Half this country is screaming about it and being ignored.

Don't mistake me for someone ignoring it, someone effed up somewhere & needs punished where applicable. I don't dispute this at all. I have my ear open for any major developments, but in the mean time, I'm ok with it not being broadcast constantly across all the networks.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Sorry but the CIA outpost they were killed at was not sovereign US territory. Also they hardly put Bush under a microscope seeing how we heard basically nothing about the 13 Benghazis that happened on his watch.

It was a government sanctioned operation regardless of territory why is it every time this administration does something wrong we trot out the Bush defense, like that makes it ok?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join