It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police arresting fast-food workers and their supporters outside McDonald's headquarters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: SpaDe_

God forbid anyone work their tail off and open a business to make a profit these days. You will be branded if you do, you have been warned - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may have worked your tail off to start a business and are now living the "good life", but to keep that "good life" you hired workers that have now created you excessive profits. To ignore the value of your "slave work force" is ignoring the fact that they are now creating for you enormous profits which you couldn't do with a one man workforce. Don't you think your workers deserve some measly part of those enormous profits?

There comes a point in life where money can't buy you happiness, and making a million is not as exciting as it once was. The Walmart family is reaping in billions of profits every year! To not share some of that excess to the workers who are helping you to create those profits is really self-centered, shows that you don't value your workforce, and you definitely have no cares for the common man. Do you really think if they paid all their workers an extra $5.00 it would break the bank?

First of all nobody is entitled to anything, so lets make that clear right from the get go. Secondly, this is about some burger flippers demanding $15/hr minimum. Third, this whole entitlement age is a complete scam and a joke. Learn to work for what you think you deserve instead of demanding it from people.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Bigtime corps and franchises have taken over. Before they were the minority, somewhere you went to get job experience, then you moved on to small businesses where you had a decent pay for a days work, where management actually respected their workers as someone contributing to the profit the company made. More and more these megacorps and franchises grew to ginormous levels, pushing every small business into the ground and taking over more and more fields of work.

People didn't care that high schoolers got taken advantage of, it was indoctrinated into all of us as just a "right of passage phase" we all had to go through. Getting hazed into adulthood so to speak. Now that the tables were allowed to go all lopsided, a huge chunks of jobs available are at these crapholes.

People love to scoff at fast food people like they are morons. It's a lot to remember though, at least at wendys. I worked my way up form front register guy, to running the after hours drive through when I was in high school. First starting on register, I had to be nice and sociable, which didn't come natural to me at all, I had to take a lot of crap and smile, instead of jumping over the counter and pounding a rude asshole in the mouth like what first popped into my head.

Then learning all the convoluted buttons, each button had 3 functions, with a shift and a double shift. Wendy's is not premade heatlamped crap, it's cooked and made when you order it, you had to memorize what came on each different burger by default to price it right. For example, jr bacon cheese burgers only came with lettuce, mayo, burger and bacon; while the bacon classic came with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mayo, pickle, onion, burger and bacon. So if someone said they wanted a bacon classic with "insert their choice here", you had to know what was on the bacon classic, and what to add and subtract so the burger assembler knew what to put on it, where the stupid button was so you didn't look like a moron taking 2 mins to type in the order. Like button one was ketchup, with shift it was mayo, and with double shift it was mustard. You also had to know what questions to ask to make sure to get it right etc.

Burger assembling, obviously you gotta know what goes on what naturally, and how to read the screen. Was easier doing that, since I already had the burger contents memorized by then.

Being on grill sucked ass, hot as hell, had to learn a new variable. When it was probable rushes were going to start, so you put on more burgers ahead of it. You guessed wrong you got bitched at for wasting meat, you didn't anticipate a rush you got bitched at for holding up the line. For example, beautiful spring day, around two thirty you start to triple the burgers on the grill, high school kids are about to flood the place.

Running the drive through had to learn a new variable, how to work the stupid headset radio properly. Running after hours drive through, I had to do the fries, nuggets, and drinks myself, and run two different registers. One register to take orders, another to collect money. Other than me, there was one burger assembler, one grill guy, and the manager who did nothing but count money in the back.

It may not be rocket surgery, but it wasn't all #s and giggles either. Plenty to do, plenty to know, just like any other job.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just reading this crapola in this day and age, in this cycle, in this universe, is unbelievable. Its slavery. Working for others should be a comfortable wage, otherwise, back to the drawing board, because you have to see everyone, and treat everyone like your own children and flesh and blood.

Otherwise the snakes and ladders game/testing ground, is just a huge slide down to hellish realms, and they're not pretty.

Do as you would have done unto you period. And if you're a masochist, get some counseling.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
When you actually understand the basic abc's, its pretty simple. Then you don't support any artificial economic systems, any beliefs, ie ISMs of any kind and you don't put them over people's heads, you create a world of both freedom and completely healing, love, uplifting, beatified happy equality for all and for nature too. Because you're not a demon, are yah?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

God forbid anyone work their tail off and open a business to make a profit these days. You will be branded if you do, you have been warned - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may have worked your tail off to start a business and are now living the "good life", but to keep that "good life" you hired workers that have now created you excessive profits. To ignore the value of your "slave work force" is ignoring the fact that they are now creating for you enormous profits which you couldn't do with a one man workforce. Don't you think your workers deserve some measly part of those enormous profits?

There comes a point in life where money can't buy you happiness, and making a million is not as exciting as it once was. The Walmart family is reaping in billions of profits every year! To not share some of that excess to the workers who are helping you to create those profits is really self-centered, shows that you don't value your workforce, and you definitely have no cares for the common man. Do you really think if they paid all their workers an extra $5.00 it would break the bank?

First of all nobody is entitled to anything, so lets make that clear right from the get go. Secondly, this is about some burger flippers demanding $15/hr minimum. Third, this whole entitlement age is a complete scam and a joke. Learn to work for what you think you deserve instead of demanding it from people.

Your attitude baffles me. It's bad enough that you think a "burger flipper" doesn't work as hard as anyone else, but to think you believe that everyone is entitled to nothing is utterly beyond my comprehension as a human being.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

But you support government subsidizing there employers? These people work yet can't make a living and often qualify for food stamps or other government aid. If the employers paid a livable wage they would not qualify for government assistance. So you don't support people getting welfare but you do support corporations getting it?

These same corporations pay there employees more in other countries but not here in the USA!

Oh and now these corporations are costing the tax payer more money for the cops that they need to crush this movement.
edit on 22-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What really ticks me off is people telling people with degrees who have lost their job, and are having trouble finding work "Go get a job at Mc Donalds" and then turn around and say "If you want better wages get a better job"

So you complain if they don't take the job at Mc Donalds, then complain if they do?

I have worked at many different types of jobs and I can tell you fast food jobs aren't easy jobs. The multitasking required, the standing on your feet all day and constantly being on the go taking one person order through the drive through, while ringing someone up at the window at the same time, the people skills required, it isn't a no skill job. You have to be quick and be able to do many things at once.

I have worked at higher paying jobs that are much, much easier.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
What really ticks me off is people telling people with degrees who have lost their job, and are having trouble finding work "Go get a job at Mc Donalds" and then turn around and say "If you want better wages get a better job"

So you complain if they don't take the job at Mc Donalds, then complain if they do?

I have worked at many different types of jobs and I can tell you fast food jobs aren't easy jobs. The multitasking required, the standing on your feet all day and constantly being on the go taking one person order through the drive through, while ringing someone up at the window at the same time, the people skills required, it isn't a no skill job. You have to be quick and be able to do many things at once.

I have worked at higher paying jobs that are much, much easier.

Go from CEO down to find those easy jobs. They do sweet fk all and get lauded for it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: terriblyvexed
I'm going to get burned for this, no one likes cold hard truth, but if your working at McDonald's, you are in a entry level job.

If you want better wages get a better job.

I know,I know, but the rich people are keeping them from getting an education, and leaving them to poor to find better jobs.

I'm so sick of hearing about corporate greed, if you don't like your life change it.

^^

This is the most stupid and ridiculous thing i read on ATS often.

Get another job. I DIDNT REALISE THERE WERE SO MANY WELL PAYING PROFESSIONS! Those people working for minimum wage must be either LAZY or STUPID to realise that they could be making a living wage if they just closed their eyes and BELIEVED that there were better paying jobs waiting for them.

"Im so sick of hearing about corporate greed, if you dont like it change your life"

Great suggestion, how should someone working at McDonald's set about changing their lives? Im DYING to know the big secret people like yourselves hold.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
If they end up getting 15.00 an hour, I will lay off my employees, shut down my shop and go flip burgers!

But you wouldnt, that's the point.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

It would hardly faze the bottom line WRP.. but what it would do
is even more repugnant to their mindset. After a certain level
of wealth is attained, it's that thing that separates the men from
the boys, or the secondary from the real, full blown cerebral psychos.

To let these working people have any control over their options with
a decent living wage is like displaying weakness to one's peers.
If you can't completely control your people (like exhaust, starve, and
exterminate them) you're a second class psycho. It may also cause
those further up on the food chain to notice you're unworthy of a
membership in the most exclusive club in the world.

It's truly unfortunate for us that big money turns some into their kind.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

originally posted by: terriblyvexed
I'm going to get burned for this, no one likes cold hard truth, but if your working at McDonald's, you are in a entry level job.

If you want better wages get a better job.

I know,I know, but the rich people are keeping them from getting an education, and leaving them to poor to find better jobs.

I'm so sick of hearing about corporate greed, if you don't like your life change it.

^^

This is the most stupid and ridiculous thing i read on ATS often.

Get another job. I DIDNT REALISE THERE WERE SO MANY WELL PAYING PROFESSIONS! Those people working for minimum wage must be either LAZY or STUPID to realise that they could be making a living wage if they just closed their eyes and BELIEVED that there were better paying jobs waiting for them.

"Im so sick of hearing about corporate greed, if you dont like it change your life"

Great suggestion, how should someone working at McDonald's set about changing their lives? Im DYING to know the big secret people like yourselves hold.

hey, ask the government for more handouts! or a shovel ready job!

they have all the money. join the service!

the gov is always hiring, look at snowden, a drop out!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

A job at McDonalds or any other fast-food joint is not meant to be a "livable wage". These jobs are for high school or college kids to help them earn money while they are going to SCHOOL to become professionals and fill the kinds of jobs that pay a LIVABLE WAGE.

I wholeheartedly agree.

The question is: Who were the dumb-ass hiring managers who accepted anyone other than a short-term candidate for employment?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
No, because the owner takes all the risk and has put out all the capital. Not really an apples to apples comparison...

And by working for that business owner the employee is giving up their ability to develop new job skills. They're trading the ability to invest in themselves for future productivity for the sake of making rent next week.

Sounds to me like they deserve a wage that supports a roof over their head and food.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: VoidHawk

Look at the type of work they are doing. Paying someone $15 per hour to take a fast food order is crazy... Who do you think those wages will be passed on to, the owner of the McDonald's or the customers? The customers will be the ones dealing with it. Flipping burgers or taking an order at a McDonald's register was never supposed to be a "livable wage" type job. This isn't some career you live comfortably on and raise a family w/ a mortgage... If you want to earn more money then go to a trade school or go back to college, but don't expect McDonald's to pay you like a nurse who earns $15 per hour...

In 1967 going by purchasing power we paid them the equivalent of $22/hour today.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Here in Chicago there's opportunity to take free community college courses and trade courses based off income level. My brother took advantage of this and he is finishing up a trade school right now. There are ways and opportunities out there to better yourself at little to no cost, increasing your odds to secure a higher earning position. You can act like it's impossible, but there's plenty of opportunity out there to better your own lives. People can keep complaining that there is no work out there, but there is. I can leave my job today and find work within one week. I may need to take a brief step back in my career, but that's just motivation to climb that career ladder again..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There are people that graduate college barely making that (teachers for instance), so why should you be rewarded for making McDonald's a "career?" Fast food jobs should be reserved for high school kids looking for some gas and spending money, and college kids trying to make it through college, you know... people trying to do something with their lives. It should not be a career option for people that refuse to strive for anything better. Sure... go ahead and work at McDonald's. No one is stopping you, but if you want $15/hr you're going to have to put some effort into it. You're not getting $15/hr to NOT make my order correctly.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It doesn't matter who is filling the position, the POSITION is entry level, not the WORKER.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

hey, ask the government for more handouts! or a shovel ready job!

they have all the money. join the service!

the gov is always hiring, look at snowden, a drop out!

If they were more jobs paying a living wage there would be less government handouts....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Not everyone lives in a city. Some people only have the option to work fast food because its what is available.
Not everyone who works fast food is a dropout/drug addict/lazy worthless human. If you have had a job for a few years, you may not have noticed the short supply of employment, especially in rural areas.
Fast food was never intended as long term work but current job markets have made it one.
Why would a person who works NOT be entitled to a living wage? $15/hr is a bit much but seriously,
some of you make me sick with your ideas of how people should just up and "change their life".
Being employed, regardless of career should equal being able to at the very least support yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join