It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you wake up and whats your usual morning routine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When I wake up, my very first task is to figure out where I am this time.

If there is a light source, I try to adjust my eyesight as quickly as possible. Determining the nature of the light source often gives me some insight as to where I am. Is the light caused by the rising moon? Is it a cop's flashlight shining in my face? Is it the light of a motel-room alarm clock? Is it harsh light of an interrogation room?

As soon as I can remember, I feign sleep again, in case anyone is watching me.

A quick flex of my muscles tells me whether I am in restraints or not. I lay there listening with my eyes closed. The sounds I perceive help me locate myself, and the nature of any crisis in which I may find myself.

Do I hear breathing? If so, is it a vicious guard dog? Or perhaps the soft, steady breathing of a voluptuous young woman sleeping nestled against me.

After those most important considerations comes the next most important questions:

1) Am I armed?

2) Am I clothed?

3) How close is the nearest coffee.

I generally find that the day sort of falls into place from there. (I hope that helps).

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wake up 9:45pm, shower, dress then off to graveyard shift. Wasn't so bad 20 yrs ago, but this shift is killing me now. Tried getting up "early" to have more time before leaving but just can't give up what sleep I can get. I have trouble dealing with people so dayshift isn't an option for me at my current job, which is a good one for this area. I'd love to make a change but at this point just trying to claw through each day til I'm off, then "recover" til I work again. I keep thinking if I got a better "morning routine"in place, I could actually have a life instead of just making it through each day. Not sure what to do.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: torque

Bacon is the answer. Bacon and coffee, are the nectar of the gods. They are key to the morning revival.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You only get 2 hours of sleep?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Not gonna lie, your morning ritual sounds absolutely, positively, awesome.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join