It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you wake up and whats your usual morning routine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I always wake up pissed off and its usually early and I am effin angry I had to get up It only gets a little ok when I get to work which implies my diesel worked and I get to make some welds. By the end of the day I get home almost ok and then get pissed again I get to wake up and do it all over again.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Usually I feed the cats first then determine if I need to make bread, in the winter I start up the kitchen woodstove and haul wood in. I put away the dishes and get out what is needed from the freezer to plan for our meals.

After an hour, I will usually put on the coffee, this way the wife has fresh coffee when she wakes up. I no longer need coffee to start thinking in the morning. I do need a cup of room temperature water though right after waking up.. I often start making soup one day a week starting in the early morning. It takes many hours on the stove to make real soup. In the summer, I sometimes make a homemade pie early in the morning before it gets hot. I do dishes a couple of times before nine am usually. Pretty soon I will be tending the garden early in the morning.

So this is about what most people used to do in the past before everyone got things in cans and from the deli. I guess I just live in the past.

edit on 21-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wake up: 6:50 a.m.
Shower: 6:50 a.m.-7:06 a.m.
Pack lunch & breakfast: 7:06 a.m. - 7:10 a.m.
Drive to work: 7:10 a.m. - 7:52 a.m.
edit on 21-5-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My morning's the best part of my day. It's taken me years to perfect and I believe it's one of my most important rituals.

Wake up at 4:45, push snooze until 5:15...stumble into the kitchen in my boxers and house shoes and turn my kitchen radio to 93.9 WNYC. Next I cut a piece of thick sliced bacon and drop it into a cast iron skillet set on low. Then I pop the lid on my coffee grinder, ground the night before so as to avoid the racket, and toss the grinds into the percolator~1970's corningware spice of life model. All this in the dark and half asleep still. Then I jump in the shower. By the time I get out of the shower my house smells like heaven. Back in the kitchen, I build a lunch for the day, plop an egg in the bacon grease and toast in the toaster and pour a bowl of cereal for after breakfast.

Funny thing, I can't handle any lights on until I'm at the kitchen table, not even in the shower, I feel like it wrecks the whole atmosphere. The reason I do it this way is because the experience of waking up to the smell of bacon and coffee is one of life's greatest pleasures in my opinion, so I emulate the experience for myself every day by prepping it in my sleep. I love it.

Also, don't put on my work clothes until right before I'm headed out the door. Taking flip flops always helps to soften the day if I have a long commute after work. Sometimes I wear them on the way as well. Yeah, everyone thinks I'm wierd, but I work in solar and my job site might as well be a desert resting on top of a mirror...

By the time I get to the office at 6:00 AM I'm already miles ahead of everyone else. I believe that if one gets these habits down to a solid healthy routine there is nothing in the world that can stop him. Also there is something spiritual about being awake, prepared for the day and out the door before the rest of the world is even roused.

Good luck in your efforts!.And don't forget the bacon!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I'm up at 2am I drink coffee for 45 minutes or so, shave and brush my teeth, I'm at the gym by 4 either run 5-10 miles or lift weights. Check email to make sure nothing stupid happened since yesterday. Eat breakfast then start on work.

If it's a parade day, I do t get home until 10pm or midnight.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Shower

Work

Beer

Sleep

Rinse and repeat.

-SAP-

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I wake up at 8 am pretty angry, I hate waking up earlier than 10.. turn on computer, read the news, shower, drink a coffee and smoke a cig and head to school.
edit on 21-5-2014 by WhiteWine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
m.

I work afternoons, in bed around 3 a.m.....I get up between 9-10 a.m. or much earlier depending on what I have going on...the 1st thing is I take 8 medications...and no coffee. Yes Im working tired all the time! No doubt about that.

I live on Gatorade, juice and zero sodas, zero beer or liquor....one- maybe once in a blue moon. I do ritually turn on the MSM 1st thing when I get up and 1st thing when I get off work....and play with my dog. (The wife is zonked out).

I do 911 Emergency Dispatch, and an EMT and Search and Rescue FEMA/DHS volunteer with the Citizen Corps....That being said...why do I have such a dull daily routine????

BECAUSE I DRINK NO COFFEE AND AM TIRED AS ALL GET-OUT!!! Thanks for asking....now Im depressed as well......
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: balderdash!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Alarm goes off at 7:05, lay in bed adjusting to the situation until 7:15, get up and get my clothes together, hit bathroom, dress, brush teeth and hair, get shoes on, grab security badge, keys and bag, hit the car by 7:40, stop at the QT to pick up a large iced tea and maybe a coffee if I'm having trouble adjusting to being awake. Drive to work. Get there at 8:20.

I'm an easy keeper, and I don't wear makeup because my skin doesn't react well to it. I save it for very special occasions.

Because I'm not a morning person, I keep all my stuff in the same place. Keys, badge, bag all hanging in the same place every night so I can grab them.

I get in trouble if something knocks my morning routine. Then I've been known to do bad things ... like lock myself out of the house or lock my keys in the car.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wake up 0400 practice iajutsu for couple hours .. 0600 grab bath .. get coffee then on to whatever needs done for the day ..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Keep em coming, people!

I loved the above reply saying they cant stand lights on until after shower. I know the feeling. My DH is always trying to turn lights on around me... Well, till he got to know me really.
I can't wait till my daily routine DOESNT include getting gas... Hope to move somewhere which is close to a job.
One thing about me is I'm a night owl, always have been. I exercise at night. Not the evening, not after dinner, but NIGHT. I jog down the middle of streets. It's fantastic!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Morning?

Oh, yeah, that time of day that hits a little before I go to sleep.

I am a serious night owl (ss evidenced by my posting). I really hate getting up early, though I can if I have to. Usual routine when I do is bathroom, something to eat, get kids moving, fed, and on schoolwork. Nothing unusual.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Alarm goes off at 6am (though I usually auto wake about a minute before it). I get up about 6:15. Restroom break, shower unless I did the night before, let the dog out into the side yard, brush teeth, get dressed, brush hair, out the door by 7am, then driving for the next hour or so. Somebody else feeds all the inside animals, so my task is basically getting the wife and I ready for work and out the door.

On weekends, I still get up at 6am, so I usually play a video game for a bit, then make breakfast for everyone.
On Sundays, still up at 6am, (or sleeping in until 8am if a late night), then I feed the horses and outside animals.
edit on 22-5-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Get up at 8.30am, take a caffeine pill. Lay there til about 9.20am.Jump out of bed like a ninja cause i have to leave my house by 9.40. Feed the cats, get dressed, slap together quick piece of toast for breakfast, slap together a quick lunch, brush teeth, ...take a big dump and then sometimes have to plunge the toilet cause it sucks!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If I'm working I get up at 0500, quick shower, quick breakfast, make sure the children's school uniforms etc. all ready, leave at 0600. I work long shifts, usually 12 or 13 hours. Back at the house at 2000 or 2100, quick shower, dinner, kiss children goodnight, laptop in bed, go to sleep.

I only work 3 shifts a week which means I have 4 lovely days off to enjoy life, cause when I work I don't have the time to do much, really. But I don't complain, I love my job and, although I have very little, I love my life.

Thanks for asking......lol

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

I was planning to start waking up early in the morning at 5 am and wanted to know when folks here in ATS usually wake up and whats the usual morning routine ?

I usually greet the new day by first deciding if I really want to 'do' what is expected of me this particular day. If yes, then I will play the day in my mind as to what I hope to reap from it and what I hope to give. Then I will hit the shower...the warm, inviting shower...and stretch, then it's on to nourishment and choosing an outfit that fits my demeanour for the day, then after a coffee...I am off to tackle the world. If no, then I just pull the covers over my head and dream, dream, dream.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I Get up whenever (no stable work unfortunately)
Usually I'm already in a pair of jeans (i have 3 pairs) hop out of bed, throw on a shirt, grab a cup of coffee and the laptop, head out for a smoke and pop on ATS for a hour or more. Read the daily posts, comment on anything interesting.

That is unless i have something to do right away, but ATS is usually among the first thing i do in the morning.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I wake up at 8am on workdays and first thing I do is write in my dream journal. Then I snuggle with my kitty cats, they usually want their food bowls filled after running around all night like a bunch of lunatics. Breakfast consists of coffee and a cigarette. After getting dressed, if I still have time before my taxi arrives, I'll read or write some more in my regular journal.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Up at 5:30 no matter what day it is lately. Let the puppy out. Shower. Get my ice tea, feed the dogs. Set down and relax for about 15 minutes, then wake the hubby up. Do some stuff around the house before leaving at 7:20. Will be adding more animals to feed outside in about a week and a half. Won't be bad this summer, but not looking forward to winter outdoor chores.

For the most part, I love mornings. I seem to get more done, the early I wake up. If I sleep in, I don't feel like doing anything all day, whether at work or home.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My morning is really rushed and I end up being super frazzled and frustrated before I ever start work.

Currently:
Alarm goes off at 6:20 - hit snooze 5 times, then get up, get dressed, grab whatever's available for lunch, get out the door (30 minute time elapse or I'm late to work) and hope traffic isn't bad enough that I can hit the drive-thru at the coffee shop on the way.

See what I mean? This sux

I really need a new plan...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join