It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai Restaurant Uses Drone to Deliver Pizza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

"All of us had read about (global e-commerce giant) Amazon's plans of using drones. We successfully carried out a test-delivery by sending a pizza to a customer located 1.5 km away from our outlet on May 11," Francesco's Pizzeria chief executive Mikhel Rajani said.

"What we have done now will be common place in the next four-five years," he said, adding every such customised drone costs around USD 2,000.

Apart from that there are technical difficulties like a limited operating radius of 8 km after which the batteries go dry, he said, adding proper infrastructure like having charging stations can help.

Even though the four-rotor version drone had a limited carrying capacity, he said the payload capacity can be increased to up to 8 kg in case of a an eight-rotor drone.

www.ndtv.com...

So soon we are going to see people use drones to steal pizza's ? Interesting world we are coming to ...
It seems to save a lot of time , but thats one less employee ...

edit on 21-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Much easier to steal a pizza from a drone I bet.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Some kid will take off his high-tops, tie them together, wing it at the drone and will get a pizza and a drone for free.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Starred! [I will Flag asap!]

Wow! That is awesome!

Great video proving proof of concept! I enjoyed it very much!

I wonder how Amazon feels about being upstaged
... and will it force them to wind back their R&D OR will it spur them on to greater heights [pun intended] so to speak

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

Much easier to steal a pizza from a drone I bet.

Well at least if you don't like the pizza you can beat the $hit out of the drone and nobody will file charges on you. LMAO!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
" We are sorry that we could not deliever your pizza at your location, the drone was shot down by the US for entering restricted airspace and Suspicion of carrying WMD."

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't see this being very logical, how are they gonna make deliveries of anything secure. These things can be taken down fairly easily.
I also wonder what the skys would look like if the USPS got these drones. I imagine the skys would become cluttered.

Peace.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I heard it said yesterday that drones may be used as (what UPS delivery) is now...in the not too distant future our packages may arrive via a drone.

What I thought when I heard about this was...more people will lose their jobs.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I wonder how many jobs will be lost over this in the coming years?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
MMmmm... Pizza from.. Mumbai. How good can it be?

Remember, the right hand is for eating...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

LOL don't you need 2 hands for making pizza? Or do you think they just buy Digorno pizza and just trick everyone like in the tv commercials thats not delivery its digorno

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

All I know is if I am ever in Mumbai and order pizza, I am asking for hamburger on it just to see what happens.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Be bold, ask for a bacon cheese burger, I would!! if they offered me turkey bacon Id steal there drone and send it back with a special pork package

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Lol, I wonder if you get to keep the drone if it shows up later then 30 minutes after you place the order X-D

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In the near future don't be surprised when it rains pizza,drinks and chow mein followed by a broken wing plus rotators and some metal pieces in a very busy friday night...Time to toughen up my roofing.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What about when it rains?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

or a sand storm

or when their oil runs out

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

Lol, I wonder if you get to keep the drone if it shows up later then 30 minutes after you place the order X-D

If you could, I'm signing up. lol

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Im already thinking about in flight battery charging almost like OTM refuel lets corner the market bud

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Future's Guide To Survival:

1. Obtain EMP
2. Activate EMP when neighbors order delivery
3. Eat Pizza

<<   2 >>

join