It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Elections

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87

I believe they said the same about not joining the EURO. Classic Scaremongering! There is no reason why the UK can't flurish outside the EU. We can still trade with Europe, we can trade with Everyone! Why do we need to be part of a Political Union to do this?

It's not scaremongering it is realism...
Many many benefits to Europe, only one or two benefits from leaving!!!
The Euro was different, but it was a classic sign that we have control and only want the best for Britain!!!
As for trade who say???
Europe may not want to trade with us if we drop them out, and then who do we turn to???

We'd be out on our ear!!!

What about not controlling our own borders? What about the Green taxes that are imposed on British buinesses by the EU? I never got a vote on these? That should be enough for anyone to get off their bum and shout for a Referendum.

We do though...
Only the best get in via immigration...
Workers who pay taxes!!!
Doctors & Nurses!!!
Some great people I've met and love thanks to immigration!!!
In fact I wouldn't be born if it were for my grandparents moving to England and then my parents meeting to conceive me...
The numbers is all we need to control, but it works both ways!!!

All partys(apart from UKIP) want to be part of the EU. You can't be part of the EU and have control over your own borders. We won't sort out the mess we have untill we have the power of our Borders back!

Clearly you are more of a UKIP fan than a protest vote symbolises...
I want to be part of the EU as well, go search the benefits and tell me it's a good idea!!!
Immigration is all they talk about... it's boring and a deceptive diversion from the benefits...
Farage is a scared upper class joke!!!

I think there's a difference between hiring your wife as your personal secretary and British Businesses ganing from Cheep Labour from Eastern Europe, while 900,000 young people are unemployed.

I don't see a difference, I see hypocrisy...
Blame the immigrants again!!!
What other policies have they got to adhere to?
Their manifesto is blank!!!

Youll find out that its the ''Common man'' thats pulling UKIP up the Polls.

We will find out... Not the common people I know either but we will see!!!

Peace TS!!!
edit on 21-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Cheap labor to employer but expencive to goverment. Let eastern europeans take 6 months job in your country, while he is working in your country, your country is paying all social welfare benefits to another country ( where this employee is from to his family living there ) and when his short term work ends and he moves back to his own country, your country will be paying for 3 years all unemployment benefits, child care, utility support and supplementary benefits also health care to him while his own country pays nothing. He is not intrested in taking a new job because he is living in low income country so the benefits ( which are paid by your country´s standards ) are more than he earns by working there.

edit on 21-5-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Many many benefits to Europe, only one or two benefits from leaving!!!

So, these ''many many benefits'' we have with Europe, we couldn't have achieve them outside a Political Union?

The Euro was different, but it was a classic sign that we have control and only want the best for Britain!!!

It wasn't different. People in power at the time knew that switching from the Pound to the Euro would mean handing over financial Sovereignty to the ECB. Yet Opposition at the time shouted from the rooftops just like they are doing now, about the Financial ruin we would be heading into.

Europe may not want to trade with us if we drop them out, and then who do we turn to???

Where would Europe sell their goods if they were to stop trading with the UK, the worlds 6th biggest Economy? Who happen to be a stones throw away.

We would still trade. You don't have to be part of a Political Union to have trade with Nations or States. Nations are doing it as i type.

Only the best get in via immigration...
Workers who pay taxes!!!

Thats the way it should be working!..............but its not.

Doctors & Nurses!!!

It's harded for Profesional people outwith the EU to get into the UK than it is for Poor people from Europe. Poor people from Eastern Europe are allowed to walk straight in to the UK and join the Jobseekers cue making it harder for people who live here who are unemployed.

The numbers is all we need to control, but it works both ways!!!

....but we can't control the numbers, thats the problem! It does work both ways, but most of the people who leave the UK are Pensioners, Students, or People who have worked lined up. Not poor British people joining the the dole cue in Poland or Austria.

I want to be part of the EU as well, go search the benefits and tell me it's a good idea!!!

Again, do we have to be part of a Political Union to have a good relationship with the rest of Europe?

Immigration is all they talk about... it's boring and a deceptive diversion from the benefits...

People on the street are talking about Immigration as well. It's doing the British system no good at Current levels and there is nothing we can do about it. I am not OK with that.

I don't see a difference, I see hypocrisy...
Blame the immigrants again!!!

His wife has lived and worked here for years, she paid tax into the system. She's not cheep labour coming here getting work and getting exploited, while 900,000 of young people struggleing to look for work. Big Difference!

These issues wouldn't be getting talked about if UKIP weren't on the political seen.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Anyone who uses his vote for a "protest vote" deserves all the bad things that can happen to them. Your forefathers fought and died to get you the right to vote and when you vote you should vote for the best candidate that reflects your political persuasion whether they are good or not. Then just because you have voted your input does not stop there(as many people think it does) if you disagree with their performance or change from his manifesto you can lobby or get a few other like minded people to influence them. Whether the EU or national parliament if you get enough people together anyone can change a politicians view or even get rid of them. The majority of British people do not know this and the politicians don't want you to know. Labour ,conservatives, lib dems, what,who. Do you people know who the UKIP is? UKIP are conservatives, but all the bad bits of conservatism. The reason why we are in the EU is because Britain is used by big multi-national companies as their stepping stone into Europe. Big multi-nationals that employ British workers like Nissan and Honda as well as some big US companies. Anyone who does not vote wants flogging and those that do vote, vote wisely.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Very intresting view.. dig a bit deeper and you find out that these elitists you praise to the heaven and beyond tend to "work" for those multi-national companies. Find a list of who from your country attends to Bilderberg meetings, seek the connections. You might get surpriced.
In my country couple months ago Prime Minister and Minister of Finance ( coalition party and social democrat ) notified that they will resign from their duties after midnight summer festival which is about 20th June. This resign information came right after the incomes policy where once again taxes are heavily ripped from the middle class and less fortunated people ( payers are single parents, elders ( those who fought for your country ), unemployed, families etc, and several stupid ideas they pushed through which will lead into bigger separation of the rich and not so rich. THE most funny thing is that this resignation will happen after our Prime Minister and Minister of Finance have attended next Bilderberg meeting ( once again ) in Copenhagen.. which whatever benefits they will aquire from there. They are not the people who fights for you they are only fighting for big companies and personal benefits..

And our Prime Minister is a stonemason as well

edit on 21-5-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87

Even if I don't agree with the overall outcome, I like your debating style pal...

Some great points but I see the overall benefit outweigh the immigration problem!!!

Check the benefits mate, it's worth a read!!!

Also if you have an hour to spare and the BBC iPlayer, please watch Question Time from 8th/May/2014 pal, hopefully it's still available to watch...

Farage is as charismatic as they come, I can't deny that, but he is outshined on this occasion!!!

Peace TS, hope to see you around more often, I've enjoyed the back and forth immensely!!!
edit on 21-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Anyone who uses his vote for a "protest vote" deserves all the bad things that can happen to them. Your forefathers fought and died to get you the right to vote and when you vote you should vote for the best candidate that reflects your political persuasion whether they are good or not.

I am in no way an expert on politics and don't pretend to be...but what you said above does not "cut it" for me personally. I am not about to vote for someone if they are crap at what they do regardless of theirs and mine political persuasion.
All most political leaders care about is votes...they have no interest in the people past this. So a protest vote although may not always achieve very much sends a clear message from the polling electorate.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Anyone who uses his vote for a "protest vote" deserves all the bad things that can happen to them. Your forefathers fought and died to get you the right to vote and when you vote you should vote for the best candidate that reflects your political persuasion whether they are good or not.

You could say Labour would be the party i would vote for any other day of the week. I stand for much of what they say apart from Immigration and the EU. I think it would be an insult to the people who died for my right to vote, if i continued to vote for a party that wasn't dealing with issues based on Democracy. This is why i am Voting UKIP and i am not ashamed of that!

Whether the EU or national parliament if you get enough people together anyone can change a politicians view or even get rid of them.

Why do you think UKIP statred? Why do you think any political party in history started?

Do you people know who the UKIP is? UKIP are conservatives, but all the bad bits of conservatism.

Well they must be doing something right because they are attracting thousands of defecting Labour voters. Also many ex Labour councillors. This is what will win it for them!

The reason why we are in the EU is because Britain is used by big multi-national companies as their stepping stone into Europe. Big multi-nationals that employ British workers like Nissan and Honda as well as some big US companies.

Think how many more '' big multi-national companies'' we would attract if we left the EU and escaped EU Green Taxes and Regulations. This is why businesses are heading to the Far East not Europe.

Anyone who does not vote wants flogging and those that do vote, vote wisely.

Vote for the same reason why our forefathers went to war for...Democracy!
edit on 21-5-2014 by TSOM87 because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Not to be argumentative pal, but they also fought & died for our right not to vote...
They died and fought for the choice... Not to force a vote from the undecided or underwhelmed!!!

Peace crayzeed!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Hear hear!! Well said, thank you.......not many people realise what you have just explained.
It's the 50 million a day we pay in that gets me, for a 4 day week where Wednesday the whole camp up sticks to another part.
Just think how much a weeks worth of contributions £350,000,000 would get us in schools, hospitals and decent pay rises for our public sector workers. Instead the immigration problem has made it more profitable for employers to employ minimum wage labour from these other EU countries....it does not help our economy.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Not to be argumentative pal, but they also fought & died for our right not to vote...
They died and fought for the choice... Not to force a vote from the undecided or underwhelmed!!!

Peace crayzeed!!!

Spot on!

Peace Out!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
UKIP and the Tories are the parties of bankers, big business, the elitists & the establishment vote for either and you’ll be the turkey voting for Christmas.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Greens.

UKIP 'protest' voting is best explained by Stewart Lee.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What I'm finding very peculiar is there has not been a single report on ANY news station in the UK so far about turn out, whether our weather is affecting turn out etc.......very suspicious, like the government is afraid that with news coverage it would remind people to and from work/ lunchtime to pop out and vote. Are they hoping for a less than 50% turn out so they can use it for some sort of propaganda after the results?

Maybe the postal votes has already given the Government a 'heads up' on what's to come?

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 22-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Got to agree, it is all very quiet - the election seems to be very low profile on all the major news agency websites and television programmes.

Maybe they hope that the rain and lack of exposure will deter all but the die-hard voters.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I must apologise to all my readers that when I post any replies they are not personal or aimed at anyone personally.I think the majority of people have little or no understanding of the politicians policies and that is how they like it as it leaves a huge area open to interpret or actually change their manifestos. When I said our forefathers fought and died for the right to vote I think you are being rather pedantic saying it was for the right to vote or not to vote. Let me reiterate. If you don't vote technically your vote goes to the winning politician ie because you did vote and voted for the opposition it would reduce the winning politicians majority by one vote. Also if you do not vote then you have had no input in who gets elected and therefore cannot give any opinion on what happens in that term. Please don't disparage my intelligence by saying I misunderstand about the influence of banking cartels or multi-national conglomerates. I"mostly" realise the power they have over politicians and the vast majority of politicians are in it for their own ends. But, and it's the biggest but in the world You can't change anything by 1.not voting or 2 using your vote as a protest. With your knowledge be it poor or intelligent (even if all the choices you have a crap politicians) you have to vote for the one you think will fulfil your agenda. As for the UKIP, if they get in then god help us all because then you'll see their true colours and they will devastate Europe for the working man. But then again that's only my opinion . Time will tell.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Turn-outs are scattered across Twitter, but I don't think we'll get many stats until tomorrow tbh. With the results unavailable until Sunday the news services are probably not in much of a hurry.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just read this, don't know how true it is, but makes sense

These days the only real exit poll done is the BBC/ITV shared exit poll for general elections. They are extremely expensive and difficult to do, so they simply don’t get done for any other type of election (as Nick Moon of NOP, who along with MORI normally organise the general election exit poll, puts it they are an extremely expensive way of finding out something a couple of hours early). It’s also illegal to publish any form of exit poll before the polls are all closed. For European elections that doesn’t just mean the polls need to be closed in Britain, they need to be closed across the whole of the European Union. This means it would be illegal to publish an exit poll before 10pm on Sunday (and given that the returning officers are allowed to start counting earlier in the day on Sunday, so long as they don’t announce the results until 10pm, any exit poll would be useful for even less time than usual!). That means you’ll have to wait for proper results. For local councils, counting starts in about half the councils tonight, with results in the early hours of the morning. The other half will start counting tomorrow morning with results in the afternoon. For the European elections the counting of the votes can start during the day on Sunday, but actual results won’t be released until 10pm.
ukpollingreport.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ramcheck
Thank you and woodwardjnr....

Well, I'm going to stick my neck out here, based on friends I have spoken to who come from all kinds of political persuasions.
Every last jack of them are voting UKIP....never done so before, and determined to do so. 2 of my friends did a postal vote. Hence my earlier statement, and my suspicion that well over 50% of the postal vote might very well be for UKIP basing it on the various people I have spoken to. I also suspect this years votes overall might blip over the 50% and that's based on people who want to vote UKIP protest or otherwise will make sure they get to vote. We'll find out by the week end

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: brianporter
UKIP and the Tories are the parties of bankers, big business, the elitists & the establishment vote for either and you’ll be the turkey voting for Christmas.

Bankers, Big Business, Elitists and the Political/Media establishments in the UK are all for Britain having continued membership with the EU. This is what UKIP is up against!

I wonder what it is that the poor have in common with millionaire Ed Milliband, or even millionaire Nick Clegg? The Labour Party have more in common with the establishment and the rich than UKIP ever will. Yet, the people who frequent the food banks in the UK vote for them year in year out.

UKIP happen to be the only party in British politics that willing to deal with the burden on British society that is uncontrolled mass immigration and the very expensive club we happen to be part of the, EU. Two Taboo subjects that the Elite happen to gain from!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join