It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Kennedy Gives Free Driving Lessons to Teens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What an outrage! Ted Kennedy, the man whose car has killed more people than my whole arsenal is teaching teens to drive? What in the world are they putting in the drinking water in Washington, DC?

Super-compassionate liberal Senator Ted Kennedy is one of the richest politicians in America, but he's quietly giving back -- by teaching poor inner-city teens to drive, free of charge!

That's the surprising revelation of a clergyman who coordinates the program, based in a community center in Washington, D.C.

"Teddy doesn't charge these kids a dime and doesn't take any credit," reveals Father Bryan MacKelly. "He volunteers his time on the down-low -- he doesn't really want the media to make a big deal about his personal generosity.

"He told me, 'Safe driving is a skill every young American deserves to have -- not just the rich.' "

www.weeklyworldnews.com...

They say that those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Surely, the people of Washington, DC, have forgotten the tragedy of Chappaquiddick.

[edit on 04/11/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think its extremely generous, and i dont think for one minute he's enibriated while doing it either. Does Ted have a liscense? Sure he does.
As long as he has a valid liscense he can do whatever he wants to with a car. I doubt very much if he's going to skid____ off the road in a drunken haze

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I guess it would be okay if Bush taught teens how to drive with his D.U.I. self.

Anyway maybe old Ted has learned from his mistakes of the past is hopefully teaching the kids not to do what he did.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ted Kennedy visited our Patriot battery one time in the field. He came into the control station (ECS) and you could smell the reek of alcohol from the man 8� away. Amazing that we put on such a dog and pony show for this guy (we had to keep an extra pair of polished boots and pressed uniforms hidden away to be put on just before he arrived. Mind you, this is while deep in white sands desert on some hard-core ARTEP exercises). Man was a condescending jerk as well.

Isn�t Ted Kennedy teaching driving courses sort of like Michael Jackson leading a scout troop on an overnight? They could probably both do it, but it�s not really the best idea eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I guess it would be okay if Bush taught teens how to drive with his D.U.I. self.

Anyway maybe old Ted has learned from his mistakes of the past is hopefully teaching the kids not to do what he did.

Getting drunk and wrecking the car are one thing. It�s the fact he left the poor girl to DROWN and then went to his family to figure the best way to save his career before calling the police that displayed what an utter lack of character the man has. Remember he waited, what, an HOUR to call some help after he returned to the party? He is a selfish bastard, further displayed by that Boston Tunnel boondoogle he's been running for 10+ years now.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

funny that you mention Mr. Bush daughters I wonder if Laura Bush was the one teaching them to drive

After all she also has a shady past with the death of her boyfriend when she was 17, but occurs it was an accident when she was driving in the other side of the road.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Ted Kennedy visited our Patriot battery one time in the field. He came into the control station (ECS) and you could smell the reek of alcohol from the man 8� away. Amazing that we put on such a dog and pony show for this guy (we had to keep an extra pair of polished boots and pressed uniforms hidden away to be put on just before he arrived. Mind you, this is while deep in white sands desert on some hard-core ARTEP exercises). Man was a condescending jerk as well.

Isn�t Ted Kennedy teaching driving courses sort of like Michael Jackson leading a scout troop on an overnight? They could probably both do it, but it�s not really the best idea eh?

LOL maybe not. But we don't have proof that he is still drinking and driveing. No benefit of the doubt for him? I'm not a big fan of Ted Kennedy's
but surely they would'nt let kids ride with him if he was'nt okay?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice

Getting drunk and wrecking the car are one thing.

LOL.. Bush is still leading this country and look at what he's done!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
See, the mistake isn't haveing teddy teach kids how to drive. Kids know how to drive. But look at all the drunk driving accidents. kids need to learn how to drive drunk. Obviously TK would be a good candidate for this. He can also teach them boating at the same time.

Or, of course, the current president could teach them how to drive drunk too.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And this, ladies and gentlemen, comes from the Weekly World News, the paper that titled about a month ago "MUMMIES OF ADAM AND EVE FOUND IN IRAQI DESERT!"

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Anyone reading your past posts has to wonder, where does he come up with this stuff? I guess now we know!

The Weekly World News!

Although I have to admit, I am a fan of Batboy!

I never thought I'd say this, but go back to watching FOX. Heck, even the NY Post is better (although not by much).

EDIT: Otts beat me too it!

[edit on 29-11-2004 by curme]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ah.....even if it is a made up story by the Weekly World News, it's a creative one.

I think the never-ending search for "Bat Boy" should be chronicled in the "Mythical Beast" forum.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That picture proves nothing and "The Guardian" has the journalistic integrity one notch lower than "Weekly World News." The primary difference between the two is that the latter appeals to the trailer park, while the former appeals to the ivory tower. -Grady Philpott

Grady you posted this quote up above a few minutes ago on another thread. Why are you putting up this thread based on what you're saying appeals to the trailerpark? Are you calling us "trailertrash"?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Are you calling us "trailertrash"?

I must have had a momentary lapse of reason or something. WWN is at least as credible as "jihadunspun" and they get lots of bandwidth.

[edit on 04/11/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Super-compassionate liberal Senator Ted Kennedy is one of the richest politicians in America, but he's quietly giving back -- by teaching poor inner-city teens to drive, free of charge!

Politicians don�t do anything for �free�. He must be playing some sort of angle here.

"he doesn't really want the media to make a big deal about his personal generosity. "

Bull........

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Everything politicians do is for free...

Free parking, free cars, free travel, free food...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think Ted probably regrets the hell out of what happened and how he was so irrisponsible. He'll likely spend the rest of his life trying to atone and will probably never feel he has.

I have never caused someone elses death so I can't begin to know how that feels or what he has to deal with. I think we can all agree there are different ways he and Laura Bush could have gone with much worse judgement. Neither death will ever be forgotten just as many other people involved in such a wreckless moment carry the burden of their thoughtless act and its result.

top topics

join