It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Would Like Students to Monitor Family Members for Racial Insensitivity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: snarky412

That IS indirectly policing a person's opinions
Telling them that what they are saying is inappropriate....inappropriate to whom?
See, then that right there is enough to cause bigger problems

Certain things are never appropriate. You have the right to vote because people spoke up to anti-suffragists. If everybody followed your "don't cause bigger problems" philosophy, you'd be disenfranchised.

You think racism/bigotry happened over night?
It's been around for hundreds of years, all through history

And it's not going to stop now, just because it's 2014 & Obama said so

As long as there are various cultures and mixture of races, there will always be issues....always

The speech would have been better if the message was to accept others for who/what they are and not try to change them to suit one's ways

'Acceptance' being the key word....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Such strategies are always implemented

"for the children"

. . . for wonderful sounding reasons . . .

Study the movements I listed . . . if you care to try and wrap your understanding around the truth.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to: BO XIAN

Can you plz stop , the religion threads are over there, Now what did you think of her speech and how can you compare it to something pol pot would have said or used a similar tactic.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Acceptence of bigots are you kiding, im all for racist spewing there garbage and making a fool of themselfs, but accepting them lol, why would anyone whant to do that.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You comment on threads out of your philosophical value system yet want to deny me that right. Fascinating.

That's just the sort of gestapo mentality Michelle has oft demonstrated and does in this OP case as well.

She wants to establish the "NORM" of children scrutinizing and criticizing their parents on VALUES . . .

values . . . at odds with what THE STATE says they MUST BE.

If you fail to see that as frightful, I suspect there's nothing I or anyone can say to enlighten your perspective.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

How can I compare it to Pol Pot?

Because Pol Pot used children informing on their parents and siblings and grandparents to let loose murderous mayhem on them and the nation at large.

Just like the cultural revolution in China . . .

If it walks like a duck, . . . swims like a duck . . . lays duck eggs . . .

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Again all i said in this thread is i dont get why people are offended by something that sound pretty positive, who cares if someone wrote it for her.

Your comparing the obamas to pol pot, thats just plain lunatic. I asked you how you came up to that extreme conclusion.

You brought to this thread, dictactors, nazys, satan, and all she said was to stand up to bigots.

Can you explain plz

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Ok so no where in her speech did she say that, not one word, your taking someones opinion on the speech and making it truth, and comparing it to pol pot.
edit on 21-5-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Study such movements and their masterful use of the 'frog in the bucket' strategy.

The safest thing is to never get on the first rung of that ladder.

Their agenda is well known. . . .

I need to stop for my own reasons.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Closed for Staff review.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join