It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferrocious looking creature from deep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A mysterious deep sea fish washed ashore in North Carolina on Monday. Its called a Lancetfish. There seems to be several cases of marine life washing ashore in recent years, and I'm not sure if it's happening more often or if these instances are just being reported more often.

A ferocious-looking sea creature that washed ashore last week in Nags Head, North Carolina, has been identified as a long-nosed lancetfish. Lancetfish, which are found in tropical and sub-tropical waters around the world, can measure nearly seven feet. The deep-water denizen, its mouth bristling with fang-like teeth, was alive but listless when it was first spotted south of Jennette’s Pier. It was photographed and released, but washed ashore a second time, World Nature News reports. That implied that the fish was ill, and perhaps dying.

What says ATS? Something to worry about as there are more instances these days, or nothing to worry about as its not more instances of these type events, but just better reporting?

www.grindtv.com...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That's pretty cool.

For your question,i doubt I'm a good source, since I started using the internet only two or three years ago.

I've noticed a lot more of stories like this, but it very well could be that I'm just more informed now.

S&F that's a hell of a fish.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That little thing ferocious?
Well, I wouldn't want to be skinny dipping with it around.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
A mysterious deep sea fish washed ashore in North Carolina on Monday. Its called a Lancetfish. There seems to be several cases of marine life washing ashore in recent years, and I'm not sure if it's happening more often or if these instances are just being reported more often.

A ferocious-looking sea creature that washed ashore last week in Nags Head, North Carolina, has been identified as a long-nosed lancetfish. Lancetfish, which are found in tropical and sub-tropical waters around the world, can measure nearly seven feet. The deep-water denizen, its mouth bristling with fang-like teeth, was alive but listless when it was first spotted south of Jennette’s Pier. It was photographed and released, but washed ashore a second time, World Nature News reports. That implied that the fish was ill, and perhaps dying.

What says ATS? Something to worry about as there are more instances these days, or nothing to worry about as its not more instances of these type events, but just better reporting?

www.grindtv.com...

The oceans are dying.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That thing looks like an eel with a velociraptor head lol

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Someone already created a thread regarding this here

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
[sarcasm] Dead fish washes up on a beach? What a shock, that's global headline newsworthy. [/sarcasm]

The oceans aren't dying, it's a slow news day and the media are reporting on any curiosity they can find. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen or heard about something weird-looking washing up on a beach, I'd have a small fortune.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Imagine what else is lurking deep down.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Anybody remember the Stargate tv series? That thing resembles a larger version of the Go'auld symbiote.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That's one cool-looking fish! A bit scary, too, with all those teeth.

I don't think it's anything new; it's just that more such cases get reported these days.

top topics

join