It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A close enounter with a strange helicopter.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BangoDukeINF

Do OpSec rules still apply on public US land?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I've seen those guys. Very annoying.

edit on 21-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: because I can

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Negative THAT is a Lakota trust me I'm a scout.
www.uh-72a.com...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Got one to work! Though, this is the last video i took

www.youtube.com... if the embed doesnt work, this will.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Luuke123 because: (no reason given)

I am running a stabilization program on youtube, so as of 1:51 am there will be a few more minute delays. But tomorrow i will post all five, each takes around a hour to upload and ten minutes or more to process
edit on 21-5-2014 by Luuke123 because: edits

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Luuke123

Did you check your local news website?
See if anything crazy went down in your area

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I just checked the state newspaper, which is located in my city and mainly covers news in this city. So far there is nothing, but perhaps i will see something tomorrow on the news, but i am determined to get to the bottom of this.

Mainly because i don't appreciate having helicopters flying above and around my home knowing they could be taking infra-red/thermal images of my household and the surrounding area, plus directed microphones are a real thing. Its hard to feel safe when there are many possibilities of why there is a military chopper flying overhead, but thankfully this was one unarmed.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I would jump on the website, might help you get a better nights sleep

Seems you got another user that says its a Lakota, from what I learned in my thread it is army if it's military and then used for search and rescue on the civi side. The link to the thread is on page one
And then the Border Patrol as well.

Good luck finding out about it, I completely understand your drive to find out what it is

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I checked it out, very similar if not the same model of aircraft. The only difference i can tell by the first three photos is the color scheme. Good find and thanks for the help!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Glad you got one to work. Was there an accident or anything nearby?? Seemed odd in the beginning when he kind of looked as though he was circling you. Then again, not sure if it was looking to land somewhere maybe?? Don't know, a bit odd though.....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I'm embedding your video here so others can see. It helps some to understand how to do this so I'll explain it here…

When embedding YouTubes on ATS only capture the YouTube video ID number. The ID number is (usually) the part after or between the "=" in the URL. In the case of your video the embed would look like this…

[yvid ]PVdMCY6v-tE[ /yvid] Take out the spaces and the YouTube will be embedded…

edit on 21-5-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I don't think you have much to worry about. It was looking at you at one point. With that camera they can see the fillings in your teeth. But you weren't the subject of their search.

Where I live in Urban sprawl we have lots of police and constant roving choppers that circle around overhead during felony stops or searching for escaped suspects.

This goes on day and night and during massive searches for "high crimes and misdemeanors" they can be quite annoying because they will hang overhead in an area day and night until they get their man.

In that case the choppers constant presence keeps the suspect grounded (hiding) while the police conduct their sweeps below.

One time we had this guy who killed a bunch of people go to ground a couple miles from where I live. Every time I came outside the chopper would appear and looky loo at me (night or day). That was really annoying. You feel molested in some way to be the focus of their attention when you are obviously just walking your dog.

You can tell you are the focus of their scrutiny when they hang in the air overhead or make a circle around you.
Your bird was looking at you filming them in the beginning. You want to become their focus thats one way to do it.

Otherwise I am pretty sure they were looking for someone else. if you had been the focus the bird would have been higher so as to minimize the sound (doing surveillance) or doing a circle with you at the center. Depending on the precinct (civilian or military) they may respond to you filming them with… vigor.

There are online police scanners you can turn to in such a case to monitor radio traffic for whatever is occurring in your neighborhood. That is a good what to find out what is going on while its going on.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

I got to sit in a P-51 Mustang at the Kalamazoo Air Show in Michigan. Somewhere I've got the poloroid photo. They are beautiful planes!

That must of been neat. Air shows are great places to see the static display of aircraft on the tarmac. Been to a few of those. Those Ospreys may have been flying in to some air base near you for that purpose. The military loves to show off. Here in the Bay the bomber sells seats for hundreds of dollars a pop to tour the bay for an hour.

The Mustang is "granted" to local pilots for a hop to feel what its like to fly the Premiere WWII fighter. What a ride that must be.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Could it be a 'pot chopper'? I did have a bunch of black, unmarked helis comb my area years ago. Very strange. I also had a bunch of stealth-fighter-looking aircraft shining spotlights down on the ground.

I'd call the local sheriffs dept. and ask them who it is and what they're doing and see what kind of response that you get.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Back when the RF-4Cs were in service we got them out every so often using their cameras, and IR sensors to photograph remote areas looking for grow houses and fields.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think it is a UH-72 lakota, used by the army, army reserves, and and air national guard . Most of the oh-6 are being phased out unless I am mistaken.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MikeultraThat is a Robinson R22, great little chopper, but it has very little autorotation capability.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm not sure but I think that the civil air patrol here used them. Neat little birds.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Those funny choppers sure look like time travellers

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Video 2 has been uploaded and processed, here it is.

Link (if i embed wrong)
www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-5-2014 by Luuke123 because: Trying to get embed to work

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I had wondered if they were searching for pot, it would not surprise me. They did one final patrol, and it appeared to be focused around my home directly (i have the video) . It would not surprise me because i post alot of PRO-marijuana things on social media from my home.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join