It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer take-over of Astra Zeneca…… Ha ha

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just thought i'd post this as I am really annoyed with the BBC for this…….!!

www.bbc.com...

The article is about how 'un-happy' Schroders, the 12th largest shareholder in Astra Zeneca (@2%) is with the decision of Astra Z to REPELL the Pfizer bid for merging the companies to make the worlds largest drug company………

As most here would agree, it can't be in anyones interest APART from those whom stand to make money on this merger……… For a Piss-poor bank like Schroders to ""WHINE"" on in the MSM about how unfair it is because they can't sell their shares at an improved price…….. Complete SHORT termism and lack of appreciation of those in Astra Z who would be affected, possibly adversly by this merger…..

Bloody corporate greed and money making over the long term future of a company and peoples well being….

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

In the corporate world, nothing is done for the good of mankind, it is done for profits. Unfortunately, while capitalism is the best economic system we have, there is the big flaw with it regarding this exact dynamic. SHould there be any publicly traded companies? Maybe not. No public stock market, or at least no speculation, no inflated stock prices. A heavy demand for a particular stock should not make the price jump 100% in value in a week. It is clearly overvalued with regard to the company balance sheet. It creates paper millionaires from thin air, much like the fractional reserve banking system.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Pfizer bought Wyeth Pharma the deal was signed I think it was the fall of 2007, less than two years later over 1000 people employed at our local manufacturing plant were laid off. This was one of the largest employers in our area. Get ready Astra Zeneca to lay off the majority of your employees. The companies are promising $4 billion in budget cuts, including 20,000 fewer jobs. Wyeth employs 47,000 people worldwide; Pfizer, 83,400.

www.clarksearch.com...

Pfizer and AstraZeneca: More Loss of Jobs to Come
April 28, 2014 — Ellen Clark
Well, I finally have something to write about again. Lately, I just haven’t had much to say here. But the latest news about Pfizer trying to buy AstraZeneca for $100 billion just sickens me. After 20 years of recruiting exclusively for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, I have seen this merger business enough to know it will mean thousands, let me repeat, thousands of layoffs of wonderfully smart and dedicated scientists who work in R&D.

join