It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAMA - 1/2 of People Believe in Medical Conspiracy Theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, it isn't, but it is enough to foster mistrust in what some of these people say. That mistrust can and does lead to the issues of people not believing anything medical science( or science in general ) says.

Do you agree that what Wakefield did led, both directly and indirectly, to the backlash against vaccines and the conspiracy theories that surround those believes?
edit on 20-5-2014 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789
I would say more on the directly side than the indirect.

But you're right, there is a strong tendency to generalize based on a small sample of a large population.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The thing that is really irksome in this article ... the attitude of the guy who did the study. Anyone who disagrees with him isn't intelligent .. or can't handle hard science .. or is uneducated ... or is paranoid to the point of a mental disorder. I'd like to know where the guy gets his funding ... and i'd like to know how he can be so blind.

I am just saying that if you re-read what you just wrote with emphasis on what is boldened and underlined then you are kinda proving his point.

Don't get me wrong there is some stuff about the medical field I find shady like changing a formula on a drug to keep the patent longer or how drug reps will try to get a doctor to push certain meds and give them free vacations and stuff, but the way you worded that...er....well.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join