It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia to release satellite data on missing jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Malaysia said Tuesday it will publicly release satellite data used to narrow down the search for the missing jetliner to the southern Indian Ocean.

The Civil Aviation Department and British company Inmarsat in a joint statement said they would do this "in line with our commitment to greater transparency."

Some family members of the 239 people on the plane have demanded raw satellite data to be made public for independent analysis.

The government says calculations using Inmarsat data showed Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 veered off course and ended in the Indian Ocean after it went missing March 8 while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Malaysia to release satellite data on missing jet

Well, depending on what this data is and what form they release it in, it could be very interesting, IMO. I'll certainly be looking for that myself.

They go on to say at the end of the article that they hope the whole world can help look for the plane.

I don't think they'll have any shortage of people interested in helping on the search. Especially if they are going to start data dumping what they have in a way normal people can plug into software and use to start serious analysis with.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

The Civil Aviation Department and British company Inmarsat in a joint statement said they would do this "in line with our commitment to greater transparency."

Hope their definition of 'transparent' is clearer than that of Obama's

The families need some answers & they will never get any closure until they do

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This saga is turning out to be one of the greatest mysteries of our generation.

It is starting to have echoes of the infamous Philadelphia experiment

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

when " normal people " see : corpse disposal in sat data , I would prefer that professionals searched for planes

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
They're saying that they don't want all the conspiracy theorists running wild. Why would they even worry about something like that??? What do the facts say? The data must look bad.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Didn't INMARSAT say it was 14 data points. I suspect many people think it is some long list of numbers and other info. We shall see.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Too bad we don't have a world wide, easy to access, computer network so that publishing the data would not be such a difficult and time consuming task.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Didn't INMARSAT say it was 14 data points. I suspect many people think it is some long list of numbers and other info. We shall see.

Yes, just 14 numbers. Actually, 7 pairs of numbers. One is time and the other is frequency. Nothing about location.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Likewise - are they going to give the same 'reference' data that they used to measure/compare the raw data with?
Meaning - the other flights that purportedly flew the northern and southern arcs?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash
That's a good point. That data was important because it helped them decide south was correct.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Entirely agree.
Without it, we would be as lost as they were...before getting it.
What about the satellite's geo-stationary orbit (does it flawlessly maintain its relative position - or, is there some variation from time to time?)...and the ground-stations?
I am hoping to see these numbers.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

The satellite was moving. The majority of the time toward the south. It was taken into account in the work.

edit on 5/20/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Thank you.
Excellent visual aid.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Must be a lot tweaking needed for this info before release or they are now actually trying to do what they claimed with the real data before it's out there.

I am starting to think that maybe the conclusions from it are in error or meaningless and they know it will be seen when released.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
***** Update!

Malaysia releases satellite data on missing jet

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — The Malaysian government on Tuesday released 45 pages of raw satellite data it used to determine that the missing jetliner crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, responding to demands for greater transparency by relatives of some of the 239 people on board.

But at least one independent expert said his initial impression was that the communication logs didn't include key assumptions, algorithms and metadata needed to validate the investigation team's conclusion that the plane flew south after dropping off radar screens 90 minutes into the flight.

"It's a whole lot of stuff that is not very important to know," said Michael Exner, a satellite engineer who has been intensively researching the calculations based on information released so far. "There are probably two or three pages of important stuff, the rest is just noise. It doesn't add any value to our understanding."
Source

Well, if the guy speaking last is to be believed, it may be a lot to do about very little.

Lets hope someone can make good use of the data to determine something new from it?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

When asked why Inmarsat released raw data communication logs from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, but not the model Inmarsat used with the data to estimate the plane's location, Inmarsat CEO Rupert Pearce said Tuesday that the decision lies with the Malaysian government. "We'd be perfectly happy to put that model out," Pearce told CNN's "New Day."

BS, round two. I believe this makes INMARSAT look bad. The standard blame the other guy move.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The PDF containing the log data released

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The data is a doctored version of the logs, it seems.

They mention

"Some columns which contain no material information have been removed from the tables below for readability"

Looks like the world will have to take their word on that part...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Attention! All! The place of death of the plane the Boeing 777 of flight MH 370 is found. It on a slope of the big mountain on border of Thailand and Burma. At the height of 2000 meters. In the inaccessible mountain terrain!
Coordinates of a place of falling:
Wing and fuselage
13 °31'48.23 "N 99 °10'58.99" E
Fuselage fragment
13 °31'44.47 "N 99 °10'59.47" E
Fragments
13 °31'46.91 "N 99 °10'58.38" E

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Attention! All! The place of death of the plane the Boeing 777 of flight MH 370 is found. It on a slope of the big mountain on border of Thailand and Burma. At the height of 2000 meters. In the inaccessible mountain terrain!
Coordinates of a place of falling:
Wing and fuselage
13 °31'48.23 "N 99 °10'58.99" E
Fuselage fragment
13 °31'44.47 "N 99 °10'59.47" E
Fragments
13 °31'46.91 "N 99 °10'58.38" E

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join