It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicine is "Unwanted"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I will be short and deadly, like a gene-engineered virus here.

Source

Why do you have to keep taking repeated doses of any given medicine? Well, once you take the medicine, it gets absorbed by the intestine into the blood. The medicine in the blood acts on its target cell and also gets filtered into the nephron. Most medicines don't have transporters in the nephron to reabsorb them from the filtrate. In fact, some transporters actively secrete medicines into the nephron. Therefore, the medicine gets eliminated in the urine and you must take another dosage later.

Yes, that is right! Your kidneys deliberately flush out the medicine out of your body, as they very well know that no drug can heal. Your body is created to heal itself. punto. taškas. มหัพภาค. точка. piste. full stop.

Will you stop to poke me, please!?

Believe it or not, every your cell has vast amount of information encoded in itself, more than the whole Humanity can bear in their puny mind shallows!

Source

Unable to believe that any machine can be designed that contains an instruction library which anticipates all the mishaps and glitches of a billion years of evolution without crashing over and over again

-Virus Bartender. Graaaw!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Of course it does!!!!

If you could just take 6 months worth in one go and get rid of the illness thats what we would do, but since everything that enters your body is metabolized and absorbed theres a limit - just like simple vitamins. Any excess is just ejected.

If you take all the vitamin C you would ever need in your life in one strong dose once, dont you think we would?

Body handles things as they come in the best way and best efficiency it can, that goes for anything from salt to strange medicines.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Why do you have to keep eating? By your logic, Our body doesn't want food either.

Look, I am anti-big pharma. I prefer to use holistic methods and naturopathic remedies, but your argument is a bit ridiculous. The body processes and filters everything; food, herbs and natural supplements and prescription drugs.

I think many pharmaceuticals are dangerous, and shouldn't be taken, because there are safer natural alternatives out there, but please, come up with a better argument.
edit on 19-5-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To both you guys I will reply with this.

Go read it all, than return read all the ten pages of my first source, read the second source if wondering on my proposal that a simple cell can be smarter than humanity, than sit and open a beer...
...oh, uh... a carrot juice I mean!
edit on 19-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: link fix

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
When the medicine titrates, sometimes if the kidneys or liver can not take care of it, the medicine is stored in fat cells. Also....When the kidneys and liver are overloaded, they protect themselves so they don't get damaged and just allow the medicines to flow right through without filtering them because of this. Different chemicals in the body act different ways, it has long been known that foods have different properties as to altering the breakdown of medicines. Some of the P450 enzymes help to break down drugs in the body. Some foods inhibit or induce the action. The medical field doesn't adequately ask questions as to diet in order to keep side effects of meds down. That is part of the reasons so many people have problems with drugs.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have seen hundreds of people in ICU with septic shock, who would die within minutes if they were not being infused with nor-adrenaline and 2-3 litres of hetastarch. What about the millions of people that have been saved from cardiac failure, cardiogenic shock and death after a heart attack due to thrombolysis? How does this fit into your argument? I could go on and on but your argument is not based on anything real.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: earthblaze

Agreed. As an EMT, people are saved everyday in front of me. This OP's argument is not based on anything real. If it were...they'd be a zillionaire and award winning researcher and on vacation somewhere in the Islands instead of trying to convince a conspiracy forum about the fallicies of life saving medicines....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good thread. I also found some of the replies to be witty and thought-provoking. I do agree with the OP that we have become too dependent on our modern medicine. In fact, some research suggests that the best remedy for strep throat is to simply let it run its course.

As to the other posts, heart attacks and other situations where "medicine" saves the person, could all be prevented if society would just take better care of itself. And I'm talking, at least, two hours of exercise daily, and giving up the pesticide-riddled food and GMOs. In other words, I would rather a society were people weren't getting sick to begin with than one where "medicine" saved their lives, and thank god for the medicine...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
*poke*

While I am not sure that medicine is necessarily unwanted, I do think OPs like this are onto something.

The placebo effect is generally used to discard the efficacy of something, more of a dismissal than an item of investigation. If we were to truly explore the potential behind it, perhaps we would evolve over generations to be able to fully utilize such a tool. Or, it might just result in what we have now, but I suspect it would have some sort of change.

Most dont even tread into the waters of 10 years, much less generations.. so... yeah. Bad for profits too.

But maybe someday we will actually have it figured out, and using it on a daily basis. Maybe not. But, I can see the potential there.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Problem is that some people dont want to take reaponsibily or think for themselves. If ypu think medicine is bad for you, then dont go to the doctor. Up to quite recently, and in some countries sill today, people would run to the doctor a with a cold, and demand to be given anitbiotics, which a lot of doctors would comply with, just to get rid of the nagging patient. The onus is on you to decide if you want to take the medicine or not, and if you decide to take it or not, to educate youtself on the working of that medicine. I am only talking about your home now, if you are in hospital, you have to trust that the doctors know what they are doing. if you dont trust the doctors, you have no business to be in the hospital in any case.

new topics

top topics

join