It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

logical evidence that there is/is not a God.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
it is Fact, that everyone wants to know about god

You might want to check with the Agnostics on this one.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is the equivalant to the person about to be catched by falling backwards, asking "prove to me your not going to step away" ... you can't, you have to have faith.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i may be wrong, but dont agnostics , wonder if their realy is a god? that would further my point..agnostics wonder if their is a god...athiests dont believe in god...people of faith worship god. everyone else is trying to find out which of these they believe in...see everyone is thinking about god

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
everyone else is trying to find out which of these they believe in...see everyone is thinking about god

which also means that people don't know if they should plead ingnorance and stop having faith...

Here's something interesting and NON LOGICAL...

In the Higher Dimensions you live in the Infinite 'now' moment. This is not linear; there is no progression from past to present to future. Only the present moment has reality. Therefore, in manifestation or creation, one no longer works along a time continuum, as in if I do this today
then tomorrow I will see certain results.

Let us define a miracle as an extraordinary event that brings great joy or something that is sorely needed. The way it arrives is non-logical. It just arrives and is there, sometimes even before the need is expressed.

Know that your higher aspect is in charge here, and what you need is brought to you even before "you" may be aware that this is what you need.

Here's a kicker

You are functioning as "whole" beings, not just rational minds. And your whole spiritual/physical complex is far more powerful than your logical mind. It creates the miracles. Know, dear ones, that miracles will become your way of life in the future. The keys to creating miracles are intention, trust and positive expectations.

more info?

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Main Entry: 1ag�nos�tic
Pronunciation: ag-'n�s-tik, &g-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know -- more at KNOW
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

To the best of my understanding, Agnostics don't see the point in caring if there is or is not a god as they feel that it does not affect their lives. Thus they don't ponder it.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
no, agnosticism means they dont have enough evidence come to a conclusion. They admit that they dont know, regardless of what they think. A couple thousand years ago, people looked at thunder and thought it was the Gods. Now, we look at the universe and think its the Gods, also. Just as thunder is a natural occurance, I believe one day, we will be able to explain the universe.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
well here is what the DICTIONARY ACTUALLY SAYS....agnostic..someone who believes there to be no proof of the existance of god,but does not deny the possibility that god exists............sounds like someone who does a whole lot of looking into the god issue...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
we all be thinkin bout god
cuz he is worthy of our thinkin...and then some

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join