It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran is beaten to death by five cops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

This humiliation will not stop till bad cops start to turn up in dumpsters. it is time for an eye for an eye.

...and what do you suppose will be accomplished? Suddenly, bad cops will find Jesus? Or will the vigilantes start to turn up in other dumpsters? Or their families?? Where will it stop?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I'm not a cop but I am a smoker so I can relate to random people that don't know me crapping on me because they can. The percentage of bad cops is small. Don't let that stop the hatefest though.

That should be the intelligent answer, but I do have serious doubts about this small percentage, there are pages and pages of all this crap, and not all of it involves an officer sniffing the dock. These accepted police tactics are way beyond the pale, like wolves at a carcass, and time and time again there is non-intervention by those cops not directly involved. Even bystanders who come to help an officer down have got a pasting, you could nearly fill this forum with all this stuff.
They even tried to stop citizens filming all the crap in some states under the charge of 'Eavesdropping' can you believe that? and one guy facing 75 years in gaol for doing so, thank God the supreme court kicked it out is quick measure.. twice after the states appealing. It makes you thing that it is only the Federal laws that work in America, the states make them up as they go along.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Justwatchingyou

There are 700,000 full time cops in the US. You want to castigate them all because of 5? That's not logical Jim.

I'm sure more than a few said the same thing in Nazi Germany in the late 30's.

Ignoring the trend is often a costly mistake.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Justwatchingyou

There are 700,000 full time cops in the US. You want to castigate them all because of 5? That's not logical Jim.

I'm sure more than a few said the same thing in Nazi Germany in the late 30's.

Ignoring the trend is often a costly mistake.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It makes you thing that it is only the Federal laws that work in America, the states make them up as they go along.

Unfortunately, only the federal laws that the administration chooses to enforce work. There are many instances of federal law being ignored by TPTB to the detriment of the citizenry.
edit on 5191414 by rockflier because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

a$$hole cops is like A$$holes everywhere. in a group they are Robocops get them alone and they are wussies.

Where will it end??

lets see at this this stage good people are beaten to death and shot or tazered to death while the a$$hole cops run free.
Ohh and multiplying.

As I see it you already lost this one. Standing up fight back at least the odds change and a$$holes start to die too. some of them will stop as soon as there are a other bully on the block as they are scared. The rely stupid once will keep going. that way you can start doing hmm " selective Culling" clean the gene pool so to speak. Darwin will thank you for that.
Yes lives will be loss, that is part of change. Accept it. I will rather die fighting for freedom than life on my knees in fear.
I am convinced there is more good veterans than bad cops. get it?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I'm sure some did. ...and like we do now, they had an opportunity to do something about it.

So...

Do we do something about it, or do we just fuss about it on the interwebs? It's our choice.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Triple post. Not sure why.
edit on 19-5-2014 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2014 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

It makes you thing that it is only the Federal laws that work in America, the states make them up as they go along.

Unfortunately, only the federal laws that the administration chooses to enforce work. There are many instances of federal law being ignored by TPTB to the detriment of the citizenry.

So are you saying that the Supreme Court did the right thing in the case I mentioned, or the wrong thing? And why would those states want to be against the 1st amendment?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I am saying that the federal government chooses to pick and choose which laws it enforces, i.e. illegal immigrants. Nothing more nothing less.
edit on 5191414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: MysticPearl

I'm sure some did. ...and like we do now, they had an opportunity to do something about it.

So...

Do we do something about it, or do we just fuss about it on the interwebs? It's our choice.

Why not both? The first step is recognizing that there is a problem. And I think that was part of the point in MysticPearl's comment, that some seem reluctant to admit that there is a systematic problem with police conduct.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's amazing, someone else said it...this guy put his life on the line defending his country to only have it snatched away by his own government.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am saying that the federal government chooses to pick and choose which laws it enforces, i.e. illegal immigrants. Nothing more nothing less.

I'd rather you answer my specific query. We all know about governments and what they do.
But the case I refer to was an attempt by some states, and in this case Illinois, to violate the 1st amendment.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
It's amazing, someone else said it...this guy put his life on the line defending his country to only have it snatched away by his own government.

Just another example of how the government feels about and treats veterans. Take a look at the VA scandal and treatment of veterans. LEOs are merely a mirror of the federal treatment of vets. I can site many examples in my own case of this, but that belongs in another thread.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I'd rather you answer my specific query. We all know about governments and what they do.
But the case I refer to was an attempt by some states, and in this case Illinois, to violate the 1st amendment.

In that case, since you wish me to address your entire statement, I totally condemn any state, city, burrough, etc. that attempts to subvert what our Constitution plainly states. I do applaud the feds for throwing this rubbish out and not bothering to hear the case. States are not exempt from the Constitutional provisions any more than the feds are.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
With the increasing militarization of Law enforcement we have crossed the line where no amount pathetic whining to the "authorities" will make a damn bit of difference. This was the plan all along, with corporate for profit prisons along with the rest of take over by the Oligarchy. This is the trend and trying to make believe it's not happening is naive if not outright stupidity. Representative government even at the local level has pretty much become obsolete with citizen input made almost impossible with BS restrictions, forms, appointments, interviews, by the very people we want to complain to.

OK so we march in the street and demonstrate for change......Even the suggestion is laughable!

Want a look at the future? Do some research....

www.csudh.edu...

www.jfs.tku.edu.tw...

And read some dystopian novels....How much techno SF is happening now? It's the same with society and culture for those with eyes to see.

try this one....en.wikipedia.org...(novel)

I'm so glad I don't have any kids!!!

My prediction....in the very near future there will be a catastrophic event to finalize the plan that the world trade center 911, started in motion. We will long for the days of the "Patriot act"
edit on 19-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

In that case, since you wish me to address your entire statement, I totally condemn any state, city, burrough, etc. that attempts to subvert what our Constitution plainly states. I do applaud the feds for throwing this rubbish out and not bothering to hear the case. States are not exempt from the Constitutional provisions any more than the feds are.

Well thanks for that, but I think we all need to be reminded of what could of happened with this clip, as the reporter says, they might be things you would not be allowed to see..and that people could go to the poky for doing the filming.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well thanks for that, but I think we all need to be reminded of what could of happened with this clip, as the reporter says, they might be things you would not be allowed to see..and that people could go to the poky for doing the filming.

I agree that this could certainly happen. But, as free men we should not let intimidation dictate our doing what is right. Just as my generation protested (sometimes totally against my beliefs) during the 60's and were arrested, so must we do what is right in our own minds today.When we fail to do what is right, we begin the downslide. I fear that we already have begun to contribute to our own demise and am not sure we can recover what our nation was intended to be.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Maybe if the US payed it's Police force a decent wage they would entice Decent Human beings to do the job.

You might want to check up on the requirements to join most police forces. Apparently they don't like people that do too well on the entrance exams or score well on the psychological exams (esp. the moral side of things).

Increasing the pay isn't going to fix the problem. There are a lot of good, smart people that get turned away now because they are too smart or have too high a moral code, or both.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I agree that this could certainly happen. But, as free men we should not let intimidation dictate our doing what is right. Just as my generation protested (sometimes totally against my beliefs) during the 60's and were arrested, so must we do what is right in our own minds today.When we fail to do what is right, we begin the downslide. I fear that we already have begun to contribute to our own demise and am not sure we can recover what our nation was intended to be.

Well thanks for watching some of the video, but not all. The video has some reporting license but the very last bit is the clincher. The policeman who shot that man dead is doing two years in prison right? all those people filming and only filming mind you, and likely did not expect the outcome, have the potential 15 years sentence. More than that, the police can have their own video set up that is allowed for their protection, while you cannot record the same scene. At least that was the way it was at the time.
edit on 19-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join