It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism/MMR connection is real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wrote this in another thread, and felt it needed one of it's own...

I witnessed it. My 18 month old son was fine.

Got mmr vaccine.

Instantly autistic. SEVERELY autistic.

Instantly!!!!

I had never even heard of a link between autism and mmr. Imagine my surprise.

I now know a lot of parents with autistic children, from where my son goes to school. Most of them say thw same thing... they had never heard of a link between the two.

Picture this:

Someone punches you, you get a black eye.

I say, "there is a study that proves blackeyes are not caused by punches.

You know I am wrong, you argue.

I say, I have been punched in the face, I didn't get a black eye.

I would sound as clueless to you as autism/mmr-connection deniers sound to parwnts that have experienced it firsthand. Firsthand!

Did yoy conduct the study and observe the results firsthand?

No?

The funniest part:

Doctors rely on parental instinct when it comes to dealing with autism because parents understand the children better...

...hmmmm

Re-read this until you finally get it...

I was there.

You were not.
edit on 19-5-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Same thing happened to my son. I've posted in another thread as well and probably got the same reaction that you did.

Thanks for starting this thread.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Can you advise which number in the sequence he was on and advise on any other vaccines administered at the same Dr. visit?

Any previous reactions? Food allergies, preexisting auto-immune disfunction of any type?

Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It seems to me that there must be another variable in the equation. I'm not saying that there isn't a link between vaccinations and autism (as there is obviously something to it!), but I don't see how the vaccinations alone are causing autism single-handedly.

I mean, if the link were that close, wouldn't ALL vaccinated children have autism? I was fully vaccinated as a child but I don't have autism. All three of our children are fully vaccinated (other than flu shots) and none of them have autism.

I think there must be another factor - possibly genetic? - at play here and then when you dump the vaccinations on top of it, it pushes the body over the edge and we see autism as a result.

You would think since there has been a study on everything else under the sun, they could start studying this and figure out what combination of factors (including vaccinations) are causing autism in our children.

This puts all parents in a really uncomfortable position when they are just trying to choose what is best for their children. On the one hand, we are seeing more and more outbreaks of many childhood diseases that we had previously eradicated or nearly so. This makes parents want to vaccinate. But then parents have now heard that vaccinations cause autism, so parents are not wanting to vaccinate.

When my child was a year old, my mother, myself and my child all three came down with Pertussis. It was absolutely horrible. We all three thought we were going to die because we were so damn sick and then once we were well, we still all coughed for nearly six months! My son will only have a couple more vaccinations that are required for school and I will take him to get them. I can't stand the thought of him contracting measles or something else that may kill him.

I guess what I'm saying is that, for our family, I would rather get the kids vaccinated for the potentially life-threatening stuff and pass on the extras (like flu and chicken pox).

My opinion: Flu and chicken pox vaccines are worthless. The only times I've gotten flu is when I have taken the flu shot. My son was given the chicken-pox vaccine and still got chicken pox a couple of years later anyway! Absolutely worthless...

So to sum it up... I think vaccines are a PART of the cause of autism. I think some children are predisposed somehow and then when they get vaccinated, it creates the perfect storm in their little bodies and they become autistic. Obviously, some kids should not be vaccinated and some kids take vaccines just fine. But we have got to find a way to be able to tell which kids are at risk!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Andrew Wakefield made that conexion on 1998 and did wrote a paper on that, but got discredited after by theBritish Medical Journal.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The problem is that it's very easy to look at your child and point and say "HERE! IT'S HERE!" and jump around waving your hands and pointing to a potential negative consequence of vaccination and have all the other parents with similar stories doing likewise and see a scary number.

But what about the other side?

There are no parents who have vaccinated their children who can stand up and point and shout that their son or daughter was saved by being vaccinated. If the vaccines are doing their jobs, then no one knows how many kids who might otherwise have gotten extremely ill, maybe died, or suffered permanent consequences of the illness, were spared that fate because they got vaccinate. All you see are perfectly healthy and otherwise unremarkable children.

It's not until you see experiences like the one of the poster above where one of the illnesses directly touched their life personally or you walk through a graveyard looking at all the very young children who are buried there or maybe you go dig up pictures of polio patients in iron lungs that you start to get a sense of what parents and families lived through prior to vaccines.

So, is there a direct link? If there is, I'm with the poster above that there has to be more to it than just inject vaccine, contract autism. If there was that direct of a link, there would be many more children suffering directly than there are. There have to be mitigating factors sort of like in the old Michael Keaton Batman when then Joker was making his deadly combo cosmetics and you had to mix two or three different things to get the deadly reaction.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Hi Apples,

Thanks for telling us your account.

When exactly was your Son given that MMR shot?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Curious was any of the children sick, fever, runny nose, allergy symptoms prior to shot???????

And one more, breast fed or formula fed from birth????????

I have also talked with 5 other parents who swear, there was a reaction for the worse following vaccine..and autism followed..

Also my best friend of 25 years, witnessed the vaccines cause his first born to become autistic..
severe reaction and autism followed.....

After all my research,best advice I can give is probiotics NOW, over the counter, Greek yogurt, sauerkraut..

6 years ago, I also remember a website that listed the lot number of the vaccination
and reported symptoms/reactions from the parent or doctors..

I bet it would take moving a mountain to find that link again..
i am pretty sure it was run by one of the manufacturers of the vaccines

Anyone want to try and find that link???
sure would be interesting to see how long that list has grown...
edit on 19-5-2014 by nitetrain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

Got discredited by the BMJ. Is that all you have? Did you know that the BMJ routinely suppresses information regarding vaccine side effects. Occasionally they go to an all out character assassination like in the case of Andrew Wakefield.

Dr. Wakefield in his own defense.
source

Are you fair enough to listen to a Dr. make his defense in his own words instead of believing shills?
edit on 19-5-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: link fixed

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nitetrain

You are absolutely right about probiotics. Doctors don't ever want to tell you about them for some reason. I have been fighting candida in my mouth, throat, ears and sinuses (and other parts I won't mention) for more than a YEAR- I mean this crap was eating me alive! My son has lived with chronic constipation his entire life. I bought some high-quality probiotics and within two weeks, we were both right as rain.

Mr. Dustbowl works for Halliburton and they had sent home some leaflets and info (part of their "wellness program") about candida which said something like 86% of Americans suffer from candida overgrowth and the majority have no idea that that is what is causing many of their health problems!

They should take the fluoride out of our water supply and add in probiotics instead! (JMO, of course)

Back on Topic:

I know you didn't ask me, but my kid was formula fed (I didn't produce any milk) and still took his vaccines fine. I honestly think it may be a recessive gene or genetic trait that predisposes some children to problems with vaccines. Or maybe as you suggested, it's a matter of mixing chemicals within the body (what the child eats and drinks, or other medications the child has taken). But whatever the cause, they need to figure out which children are at risk for these vaccine reactions and autism. Then they need to find a different method of delivery or something for the at-risk group. Or just not require vaccinations for those children. If all the kids who have no problem with vaccines were still vaccinated, and the high-risk kids were not vaccinated, the at-risk group may still be covered by the protection given by the "herd" or the kids who are vaccinated. But if everyone just suddenly stops vaccinating out of fear, I'm afraid we will see a huge spike in childhood diseases and fatality rates from those diseases. There has to be some research done and a middle ground found to protect everyone.
edit on 19-5-2014 by DustbowlDebutante because: added stuff

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

If you want to understand how gut and brain are related and how this important thread of research has been suppressed...

watch this
video

How could you possibly trust pharmaceutical corporations?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I am about to find out if my 4 year old son's runny nose, all the sudden allergy symptoms to cat and pollen, is a result of toxins in stomach and intestines...

how did he get that bad, with 80 percent organic...i have my suspicions,
yes I know, immature immune system and organics is not really organics...

but as of right now, he is eating his second (organic) hot dog in his short lifetime..
so he is very excited...
But I cut it up in pieces, added some flax seed oil and a big bowl of sauerkraut with a spoon full of pickled relish....
Greek yogurt, is just not enough....

Let's see how that cleans him out and if it relieves his allergy/runny nose/cold symptoms...
I will do this a few times a week...and let's see after 30 days, if it was gut issues that needed to be cleaned out....

Bowl is almost finished, poor little guy, I guess he likes it....
Not sure if it will work a second time...might have to change it up, next time...

I was thinking formula does not have probiotics as breast milk does..
Therefore, formula coats the lining of intestines,
Keeps immune system down..
The coating does not allow intestines to absorb vitamins and minerals.
Kids easily gets sick, colds,fever, and teething causes even a lower immune system..
Then all of the sudden, vaccines full of toxins and body can't flush it all out...
Toxins easily flow from blood stream, pass through the immature blood brain barrier and into the brain
Damage done..

Of course girls develop faster, immune system better...and some kids environment cause low immunity among other factors...
That is why some kids are affected and some are not....just better immunity and better at flushing toxins...

A lot of autistic children are benefiting greatly from probiotics....
Constipation, attention span increasing..
What is the best natural probiotics, sauerkraut....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I have wondered if my son had a mild hard-to-detect form of autism and maybe the vaccine kicked it into overdrive.

There are many possible variables.

The MMR vaccine is definitely involved, however.

Thank you for responding.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm reluctant to necessarily say that we need vaccines, but at the same time, I am confident that there are natural vaccinations that we should and could be using instead of the synthetic or semi-synthetic ones we are. For example, the first smallpox vaccination in the late 1700s by Edward Jenner used a natural remedy.

Of course, if you could just go to the local farmer (which don't even exist anymore thanks to Big Agra) and get vaccinated from his or her cow, why would you pay Big Pharma craploads of money for their synthetic (or semi-synthetic) vaccination?

Gotta love your system of capitalism, and yet, you fools still want to play this game.

(Note that Big Pharma also has taken marijuana, with Big Brother, convinced the public that it is bad and dangerous, but the synthetic drug Big Pharma directly manufactured from marijuana is a-okay for you. So you pay Big Pharma lots of money when you could simply grow marijuana on your own. Yup, America bless itself cause God sure wouldn't be if God exists.)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

We are using ReNew Life products. They even have one for kids.

That's an interesting thought, linking formula to the reaction to vaccinations contributing to autism... But my kid drank formula, took vaccines fine and I just started giving him the probiotics a couple of weeks ago.

I'm leaning toward a natural predisposition as at least one of the contributing causes. I also think certain foods, preservatives and dyes in conjunction with the vaccines play a role as well. I think it may be a perfect storm of factors.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
Dr Wakefield is a proven fraud who had a little money making idea to create a scare over vaccination.

There is no link. Seriously. Correlation does not equate to causation.

MMR tends to be given to children right around the same time that the first signs of autism are picked up. So it can appear that the autism was "triggered" by the vaccination when the reality is that it would have presented anyway.

MMR is given so widely that most children who develop autism will have been given it. But so will most of those who don't. It's confirmation bias in action.

I don't mean to sound heartless, and I do feel for the OP and his/her son (I have a two year old daughter myself), but creating scare stories about vaccines is not remotely helpful.

edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

For his allergy symptoms, have you ever tried this?

Right before bed, rub Vicks vapo rub, the greasy kind, on the bottom of his feet, put socks on him to hold in the vapo rub for the night and then put him on down for bed. I know it sounds nuts, but a slightly wacky, different doctor told me about it. And I think it does help. Certainly can't do any harm.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So your child handled all of the other vaccines okay?

When the reaction presented, had he/she only taken the MMR or were other vaccines administered at the same time?

When you had your child diagnosed, did the doctors ask any questions regarding diet, OTC meds, what other vaccinations were given at the time, etc...? I wonder if the doctors are asking the right questions...

Also, was he eating organic or GMO or is there any way to know?

Just curious...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I will try both of your suggestions...I did find some organic unpasteurized products from rejuvenative.com....I ordered the ketchup, salsa and sauerkraut, he should love those..and if any problem in his gut, those should clean him out...Also some pro biotic gummies bears...his immune system should be in tip top shape after this round of "this month's new menu healthy items"....but he never has been constipated..could just be absorption issues of nutrients..keeping his immune low...maybe from nasty powered formula...

I am just confused, if my child's intestines are coated with crap, then every kid in America has a really screwed up digestive tract, not to mention adults....because I was really careful with what I have been feeding him.. unless all those oils for the brain,that I have been giving him, helped with a bad coating on the intestines...or maybe I have been giving him to much antioxidant foods..and his system is still immature...I will find out after this month long sauerkraut experiment , then I will put him in closet with cat and see if his eyes get bloodshot..he didn't have bad reactions with cat before, until this season of bad pollen...seems this high pollen season was the last straw..let's see if this is corrected in due time..

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

If you want to understand how gut and brain are related and how this important thread of research has been suppressed...

watch this
video

How could you possibly trust pharmaceutical corporations?

I experienced the brain connection, lol. I suddenly couldn't concentrate - I would just sit at my desk at work and stare at the piles of paperwork trying to figure out what to do or where to even start. I honestly thought my old college extracurricular actives were finally catching up with me and that I was just too fried for meaningful thought anymore. If was scary. I have never been so foggy in my brain in my entire life.

But now I'm back and sharp and quick again. It's like climbing up out of some dark murky place and emerging into the sunlight. And the sudden energy boost is blissful. I didn't realize just how sick and miserable I truly was.

My son is also seeing improvements mentally. I've noticed he is better in control of himself, much more even-keeled, better behaved, better attention span and just a much better kid all around. He also blew his special education teacher away with his end of year tests. (Disclaimer: my son is not autistic, but rather sustained a severe brain injury. However, many of the same behaviors occur with both conditions, from what I've read.)

Of course, the other part is cleaning up our diets. Severely limiting sugars and being mindful of carbs is important too!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join