It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370. Is there a concpiracy, yes I think so. An ABC Documentary.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I kind of agree. That last goodnight at 1:21am does sound american, or at least non-asian. Could just be the static though but it definitely doesnt sound like either pilot.

And trust me, I know as well. I work entirely with vietnamese and south eastern asians.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

It does sounds quite American but there is still a very obvious Asian quality to the accent of the person speaking. I have no idea how you two are unable to hear that because it's not that hard for me to pick up on.
edit on 20/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
very interesting documentary, thank you for posting.

this is a very mysterious topic i hadn't looked into in too much detail before now. after watching this documentary i am convinced that this case is criminal negligence at BEST, but i fear it may in fact be much worse than that. However, if there is some kind of terror plot going on, so many different institutions and governments would have to be involved - or at least keep quiet - that i cannot really imagine what could be behind this.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't read too much into the accent. American, yes, maybe, then again maybe no. As with some others here I have spent a considerable amount of time in Asia and am well aware of how hard some Asian people try to employ an American accent, so take it for what it is perhaps.

More importantly, what in gods name was the Malaysian Military doing?. I seriously doubt the apparent level of incompetency. While there is never the less the possibility that incompetence is in fact the case, I just don't believe it. If in fact it were incompetence, why has there been no change of guard at the head of the defence ministrty. Surely heads would have rolled if they were really any perceived incompetence.

More pressure, indeed more questioning needs to be applied to the "defense" personnel involved in an attempt to get a clearer picture of what the real instructions/orders were that they received.

The whole thing stinks, it stank from the start and now absolutely reeks of a cover up.

I'm not sure if there are any Malaysians here, if there are I'd welcome your thoughts and input. What are the local papers saying.? What is the overall perception of how things have been handled.?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

edit on 20-5-2014 by myselfaswell because: slarty bartfast

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I listened to the sections you listed and the voice at 6:30 does Not sound like either of the other two voices which were the pilot and co-pilot .The voice should have been either of them,but,.. it did sound different to me and as you say had an American lilt to it at the end of the sentence.
Well spotted, as I had listened to it and missed it completely.
I really hope those responsible get what's coming to them.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Chickensalad

It does sounds quite American but there is still a very obvious Asian quality to the accent of the person speaking. I have no idea how you two are unable to hear that because it's not that hard for me to pick up on.

Maybe because you are wrong and they are right.
Not saying that is the case but it would explain why two people think one thing and you think another,
it works the other way too.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

Maybe because you are wrong and they are right.
Not saying that is the case but it would explain why two people think one thing and you think another,
it works the other way too.

It's not two against one. It's two against millions, including the friends and family of the pilot.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

I'm aware it works the other way... but I'm like 99.9% certain there's an Asian quality to the accent. It might just be because I'm neither American nor Asian, and so I can hear the difference more easily. Lostgirl appears to be American and Chickensalad appears to be Asian.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
But doesn't the captain have less of an Asian accent to his english?

At least thats what my ears tell me...

When listening to only a few words spoken rapidly it can sound American...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I'm aware it works the other way... but I'm like 99.9% certain there's an Asian quality to the accent. It might just be because I'm neither American nor Asian, and so I can hear the difference more easily. Lostgirl appears to be American and Chickensalad appears to be Asian.

No I am not asian. I work with asians. About half of them have moved here recently, the other half have been here since their childhood. They all speak very good english but even I have trouble understanding them on the phone, even though I talk to them in-person all day.
Again, I could be wrong, but the final goodnight was a strong american accent. If asian, they speak better than the american asians that I personalky know.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ill even do one better. If it accounts for anything, Ill have asians at work listen to it and tell me what kind of accent they hear and report back later.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

If asian, they speak better than the american asians that I personalky know.

How many is (hic) that ?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
Lol..sorry bout that.

I work with three of them today, 2 viets, ones been here 20yrs and the other 5 and 1 Laos, been here 8 yrs.

Other than that, all I can really offer is my opinion.

As to how many I personally know: well, im fully submersed into the asian culture here. Im pretty much considerded a "cracker asian"
So I would say anywhere from 30-50 that I personally know and communicate with on an average basis.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
Listen to the last voice heard (about 6:30 in the video) from the aircraft:

"Uh goodnight Malaysia, three seven zero."

It is very clearly an American accent...If not American, I would say it still definitely is not the pilot or co-pilot - they both have distinctly different accents than the person who spoke...

(The co-pilot's voice can be heard at about 4:07. The pilot can be heard speaking at about 16:24 - where the show plays a video which he had put on Facebook).

This, to me, is a huge clue to something clandestine going on, and it's a shame someone didn't catch the distinction early on, they could have done voice analysis on the recording and at the least ruled out suspicion that it was a case of pilot suicide 'mission'...

I've just listened very closely with headphones and I agree. The person saying goodnight pronounces a strong R yet the pilot and co pilot are very soft R's.

Good catch

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Honestly, I did not mean for this to turn into an argument... but if you think about it - the fact that you are "neither American nor Asian" would be the reason the difference in accent is 'not' distinct to your ear, rather than the other way around...
It was the familiarity, that caught my attention to that accent coming from a source which should not have sounded American.

The differing pronunciation of the letter 'r', in particular, really stands out - it was what immediately caught my notice, the very moment I heard that sentence...If it hadn't been for that one letter, I probably wouldn't have gone back and listened to all three of those parts of the video again and again to be certain what I was hearing...

And since Chickensalad has such lengthy experience with both accents - I'm happy to give him the final say (actually, wish he had been the one to point out the discrepancy in the first place..)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, 2 of the 3 say its not asian. The 3rd didnt understand what I was asking him LOL. So Ill stick to my guns and say its at least a native english voice o the final goodbye. Although I would like to see a voice analyzation done, as none of us are experts.

I didnt intend fir an argument either. Just thought it was an interesting detail that I might be able to add to.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Did I miss something? A plane was lost?.. A 700'000 pound jumbo jet went missing?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkAngel8

Apparently, yes. Along with 26% of your fellow country men & women.

Oh my goodness. The 26% was true, aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Kind Regards
M\yselfaswell

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That went right over my overexposed head. I dont see how a plane goes missing in this day and age. Somebody is the proud owner of a new/used 747

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkAngel8

If you haven't watched the video, I'd start there, then perhaps a review of the numerous threads here on ATS.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join