It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was ‘shot down in military training exercise’ claims firs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was shot down during a joint Thai-US military training exercise and then the subject of an elaborate international cover-up – according to a book released about the lost plane that has caused anger among the relatives of those on board.“Say a participant accidentally shot down Flight MH370. Such things do happen. No one wants another Lockerbie [Pan Am flight 103 by terrorists in 1988 allegedly in retaliation for a US Navy strike on an Iranian commercial jet six months earlier], so those involved would have every reason to keep quiet about it."

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was ‘shot down in military training exercise’ claims first book released about lost jet

Well it hasn't taken someone very long to have the guts to write a book about it. Although it's interesting about the live fire exercises taking place at the time.

However, the part about the trainging exercise involving CHINA as well makes it a little more interesting.

Quote -"At the time there was a series of war games taking place in the South China Sea involving Thailand, the US and personnel from China, Japan, Indonesia and others, and Cawthorne has linked this to Mr McKay’s claims to have seen a burning plane going down in the Gulf of Thailand."

Now, the question is - who is protecting who..?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't think we'll ever know the truth regarding MH370. It's been on the mainstream circuit daily for what, like two months now?

Anyway this gives me something to read and I have to say... it kind of makes sense (IMO) as to why the MSM is fixated on whitewashing this as an accident.

Like I said though... I don't think we will ever know the truth. Brings an interesting spin nonetheless

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

who knew this would drag on and on....so a book, someone would write a book liked this at some point....might be an interesting read...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
But, the question stands. If all this is true, then America, China, Malaysia and everyone else involved in the live fire know the truth, and for some reason, they are all content to close ranks and protect each other instead of just admitting a terrible accident took place and paying up....why?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

The only why is why would someone write a book? Financial gain. If their interest was in simply getting information out there are far better alternatives. This isn't about truth, it's about the author making a penny off of those who will believe anything.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The only why is why would someone write a book? Financial gain. If their interest was in simply getting information out there are far better alternatives. This isn't about truth, it's about the author making a penny off of those who will believe anything.

Financial gain..and nothing more. However, this sleaze has had the moral fibre to publically say that something possiby went wrong in a live fire exercise that involved China. Im suprised as i didnt even know the U.S and China had joint live fire exercises..

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well, if this is the case...Inmarsat's stock/credibility should plummet...as they have perpetrated a HOAX.
Calling it anything less than a HOAX, if it was actually shot-down during a military training exercise, is a Hoax as well.
And - if it was shot down during a military exercise among said nations - we need to find a way of shutting down the military/s of each and all of these nations. Such a 'mistake' should be counted UNFORGIVABLE in this day and age.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I really dislike books that are published within the first few months to a year after a major world event. You can be sure there is little to no truth (how can there be?) and it's a moneymaking scheme to cash in on the gullible.

ETA: Live fire exercises with the US and "personnel from China." Some people will believe anything ....
edit on 19-5-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I agree an accident of such magnitude shouldn't happen today, unless of course China had a paticular reason to rid itself of someone aboard the plane ?? As the majority of the passengers were Chinese, China would tell the families to shut up..and maybe wipe a little of Americas debt..silence is golden.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Financial gain..and nothing more. However, this sleaze has had the moral fibre to publically say that something possiby went wrong in a live fire exercise that involved China. Im suprised as i didnt even know the U.S and China had joint live fire exercises..

How is saying something possibly went wrong, with zero evidence of it, an indication of moral fibre? Sounds to me like it's the opposite. Just a way to cash in on a tragedy.

I am interested in these live fire exercises, can you send me some links?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Here is how a family member of one those lost feels about the book ...

Irene Burrows, whose son and daughter-in-law were passengers on board MH370 when it disappeared, told the Sun-Herald of her anger at the book’s release.

“Nobody knows what happened so why would anyone want to put out a book at this stage?” she said.

“There's absolutely no answers. It's devastating for the families. It's 10 weeks tomorrow and there's nothing.”

www.independent.co.uk... ased-about-lost-jet-9391964.html

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Well, if this is the case...Inmarsat's stock/credibility should plummet...as they have perpetrated a HOAX.
Calling it anything less than a HOAX, if it was actually shot-down during a military training exercise, is a Hoax as well.
And - if it was shot down during a military exercise among said nations - we need to find a way of shutting down the military/s of each and all of these nations. Such a 'mistake' should be counted UNFORGIVABLE in this day and age.

Shutting down the U.S. and Chinese military? WHAT? You have a better chance at meeting the pope at barack's gay bath house

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Im suprised as i didnt even know the U.S and China had joint live fire exercises..

ya thats news to me? seems like an intel gathering opportunity for both sides. i cant believe that either side is playing 100% in that situation? seems very strange with all the recent strained tensions between us too? anything go wrong during this drill to make china upset with us?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

originally posted by: WanDash

Shutting down the U.S. and Chinese military? WHAT? You have a better chance at meeting the pope at barack's gay bath house

lol while they both work on the guy from ancient aliens perm!

how many times has stuff like this actually happened? the pan am case but isnt there 2 or 3 more? i feel like one is on the tip of my tongue. might not of been the US either just someone shooting down a passenger plane by accident in general.

was it russia maybe?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

How about stuff set up BEFORE the event happened?

The JFK assassination was reported hours earlier on the other side of the planet...
The "Solomon Brothers building A>K>A> building 7 was reported destroyed 20 minutes before it fell into it's own footprint...

A Sandy Hook site was up BEFORE the event even happened...

pre-Sandy Hook site

Besides,... this story served it's multiple purposes and now it goes away... just like all dinosaur media fascinations do...

edit on 19-5-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak
Hey - thanks for the intelligent response.
Haven't been to "barack's gay bath house"...have you? Are you saying the Pope isn't a regular there...or, that he get's special privileges (private room) such that I wouldn't see him, if I should ever receive an invitation...or... ...or...
Ahhh - who cares.
If today's military/ies are so incompetent as to shoot down a SCHEDULED/Regularly-Scheduled commercial flight...on its regularly scheduled flight path...I think it's time to take these toys from the IDIOTS that could make such asinine mistakes with them...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This guy sounds like anthor money grabbing shill....

In the book, Cawthorne pieces together myriad pieces of information, reported sightings and other anomalies to support his theory that the Beijing-bound plane was unintentionally destroyed during the military exercise.

“The drill was to involve mock warfare on land, in water and in the air, and would include live-fire exercises,” Cawthorne wrote.

“Say a participant accidentally shot down Flight MH370. Such things do happen. No one wants another Lockerbie, so those involved would have every reason to keep quiet about it.”

It is unclear how Cawthorne connected the Lockerbie bombing in which a Pan Am flight was brought down by a terrorist bombing in 1988 with his proposed theory of an accidental military airstrike.

The author also sought to explain away the discrepancies in the information he collates for his book as a possible campaign of misinformation to obscure the truth, even going so far as to introduce the hypothesis that black boxes may have been planted in the Indian Ocean, to provide for the possibility of their discovery soon.
READ MORE..

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

this is right up there with the Secret Service shot JFK nonsense.

Sorry I dont buy for a second that someone accidentally shot an airliner out of the sky without anyone finding out.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

this is right up there with the Secret Service shot JFK nonsense.

Sorry I dont buy for a second that someone accidentally shot an airliner out of the sky without anyone finding out.

Yeah, let's start with a source of who said they saw a flaming airliner crashing into the sea. That alone would be hard to keep a lid on if it were true. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of money AUSTRALIA has had to spend on a thus far fruitless search in the Indian ocean. And BTW, USA would gain nothing out of this financially. Malaysian airlines belongs to....... MALAYSIA

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's too soon to publish a book after this disaster. The information the author uses is sketchy at best. The author and publisher are profitting from somebodies grief and misfortune. I would not buy this book whatsoever.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join