It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost activity at a restaurant in Iowa.. check out the video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

A ghostly amorphous figure was reportedly caught on camera at an Iowa restaurant recently. Pat Orr, owner of Chuck and Edna's Maid-Rite, in Cascade, says the restaurant's security camera captured what appears to be a human-shaped shadow at the kitchen's dish-washing station, the Daily Mail reports. “We found you can’t make a shadow on the floor back there because of all the lights,” Orr said, according to KOKH FOX25. “Some people said it’s a bug on the lens, I don’t know what the thing is.” Orr recorded the video on April 14 around 6 p.m and asked Chief Fred Heim with the Cascade Police Department if they would investigate. But Heim believes the shadowy figure could just be an insect that landed on the camera. “I still can't tell you what I saw. There was a fuzzy thing on there,” Heim said. “He asked me if we investigated stuff like that, and I basically told him that he probably should call Ghostbusters.” A second video, recorded on April 19 at around 10 a.m., shows a stack of Styrofoam cups flying off a shelf and hitting an employee. Orr reached out to the Iowa City Ghost Hunters to try to make sense of the strange events in the restaurant. However, Matthew O'Brien, 30, and his team of paranormal investigators hours last month at the restaurant, recording audio, video and electromagnetic field reading and trying to re-create the shadow. The group is still reviewing the evidence collected and can't say whether the restaurant might be haunted. “They said they’d get back to me in two weeks, but one of the guys said, ‘If this was a hoax, I did a very god job of hoaxing it,’” Orr told the Cascade Pioneer. - See more at: www.opposingviews.com...

I would like to know the results of the investigation... and would love to see multiple teams try to recreate it, to see if it can be done.
I could see the cups being faked easily, thats not to say they were, but that is not all that impressive.
edit on 18-5-2014 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

Who knows. It could possibly faked or it could be real. Interesting video, I'd like to know the outcome as well..I'm currently working at a supposedly haunted restaurant. I haven't experienced anything yet but its only been a few weeks. However I do live above it with a creepy old painting from 1887 so we'll have to see. I've had my own paranormal experiences but I won't derail the thread so can't wait to see the results of the ghost hunter investigation. Will check back to see if updated.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Whelp, as the guy said in the video ......"bug on the lens" , I have seen Similar videos debunked with this very same anomali

Just saying...

Thanks for posting though !

edit on 033111131533511th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 035111131535511th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hahaha.

"Believe what you want, it could be a bug" says the proprietor.

Because he knows the kitchen is crawlin' with the things!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'll be totally honest, I was creeped out just looking at the still on the video.

That's a really good one.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Sorry, NephraTari.

Already posted. www.abovetopsecret.com...

But maybe you'll get more responses than I did.

edit on 5/19/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm unconvinced.. the first image could be just about anything. Bug on the lens, a (gasp) real shadow cast by something out of view of the camera, a smudge etc, and the cups just look like...cups falling off a shelf. You can see them slowly start to slide, then tilt and finally the stack slides out exactly like a stack of plastic cups would behave.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I can say with 100% certainty that this is an insect on the camera lens.

I worked in security for several years, and this happens all the time. Not only do mounted cameras attract insects (and PIR censors too), they also produce interesting light anomalies under the right circumstances. I have yet to see one example of a "ghost" caught on a CCTV camera that I have not seen a hundred times already in one year in employment as a security manager.

Whenever I see these stories on shows like Ghost Adventures, I can usually debunk most of it while they dramatize everything to the point of nausea.

Alarms going off in the middle of the night with "no explanation" is another one I hate to see being used as a suggestion of paranormal activity. They usually claim this is something remarkable, when it really isn't. Alarms go off ALL THE TIME, for unconfirmed reasons, they are triggered by a larger than average truck going by and activating break glass sensors, by a rat stepping on a wire loosened over the last ten years, by a large spider hanging down in front of a sensor, by something falling from a shelf, by a fault in the programming, by a heating system activating, by air con, by... 1000 different reasons that are far more plausible than a ghost.

And this is coming from someone who has seen ghosts, believes in their existence and knows that there are things out there we cannot explain.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Doesn't seem real at all.. some things fall over and a bug sits on a camera..
not seeing how this could be anything more than a messy place

top topics

join