It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W T H Crashed on the Moon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Man, I love you guys! Thanks, ngc... I thought a real asteroid strike would garner a word somewhere OTHER than Youtube... and thought the claim rode on whether there were new craters... so a birdie across the lens is the logical (and almost always) answer to this claim that is now , again, debunked ... and I'm sorry to further any disinformation.

And the velocity ...heh. Well, it IS Sunday... can't be in top form all the time. I do regret pushing bad information, though, and for that, I apologize.

Thank you.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeeeaaahhh....bbbuuuuutttttt.......BP Earthwatch said lunar meteors don't "skip"......

They impact.

Not sure, but he seemed reeeaaaallyyyy sure that there would have been no skipping meteor.....

I personally think it looks remarkably like a skipping meteor.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SenterSun

BP Earthwatch says many, many things. How many has come true??

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SenterSun

Yeeeaaahhh....bbbuuuuutttttt.......BP Earthwatch said lunar meteors don't "skip"......

They impact.

Not sure, but he seemed reeeaaaallyyyy sure that there would have been no skipping meteor.....

I personally think it looks remarkably like a skipping meteor.
I don't know about never skipping, maybe if the impact angle was close to parallel with the surface it would skip a little, but it would never skip across the face of the moon like that. Remember it's not flat, it's shaped like half a basketball and the way the physics works out it just wouldn't skip across most of the visible surface of the moon. So no, it doesn't look anything like a skipping meteor.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
1. Impacts produce a flash. No flashes are seen in that guy's video.

2. Fresh craters on the Moon are white, not black.

3. A huge asteroid like that (more than 10km across) wouldn't skip and bounce off the lunar surface; the immense energy pf the impact would vapourise it and thousands of tonnes of lunar rock. The flash from the impact would be visible with the naked eye.

4. Nobody is talking about it precisely because there was no impacts or even the passing asteroid. The author of the video simply caught a bird or a bat in his telescope's field of view.

5. Don't believe everything you see or read on Youtube.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

WTH Crashed on the Moon

I just love his logic in this video. From about 5:45 he shows us what, according to his astronomy textbook, an impact on the moon should look like.

His video shows nothing at all like that. As he says: "That's not what we're getting, though, guys!"

Therefore, he concludes, there is a COVER UP!!!, and we're all being LIED TO!!!

Of course, the rather more obvious conclusion he could have come to is that he didn't observe an impact on the moon.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
We had this a while back already.

It's a fricking BIRD . There was a better version of the "footage" somewhere where it was 100% obvious and clear it was a bird.
All the rest, his claims of a permanent crater..lies or simply lunacy. I am tending towards lunacy when I see someone makes a 20min video on Youtube about a bird flying through the field of view. I think not only made he videos, he also made several websites about his alleged impact of an object on the moon.

Give a 8 year old a $100 store telescope, if the kid has more than 50 brain cells he'll see and agree it's a bird, because that's a how bird looks when it flies through a telescope's field in front of the moon.
edit on 5/19/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
All the rest, his claims of a permanent crater..lies or simply lunacy. I am tending towards lunacy when I see someone makes a 20min video on Youtube about a bird flying through the field of view.

Not only that but it takes more than eight minutes before he even shows the footage. Do these people not have any clue about how to present something? Show the interesting bit first, then do the explication.

Plus, a couple of basic calculations would show that this couldn't be anything anywhere near the moon.

He even says that it appears to cover about 2600 miles in five seconds. That's 520 miles per second, or nearly 2 million miles per hour. (At the 14:00 mark he says "tens of thousands of miles per hour", so he clearly hasn't done the maths!)

Something large enough to be visible from Earth at that distance, travelling at 3 million kph, is not going to skip lightly across the moon leaving little black splodges.

Let's imagine it was a rock 10km on a side, or about 1000 km^3.

The kinetic energy of a rock that massive travelling at 3 million kph would be approximately 1 x 10^27 joules.

That is roughly 2000 times the energy liberated by the Chicxulub impact that is theorised to have wiped out the dinosaurs, and only about one order of magnitude short of the kinetic energy required to knock the moon clean out of orbit!

I think we might have noticed something like that...
edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I was being a smart ass...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to one of the other ongoing threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

closed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join