It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The San Mateo Event - UFO Crash in Times of a Military Regime - Part One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This thread is not just about an UFO crash that most of you never heard about or the story behind which describes how this kind of events had been kept in secret in places and time you wouldn't expect .

This thread will be also an excuse to share some other information and personal experiences that might be useful in the future, just read between the lines.

Supporting evidence like additional sources, photos and videos are not available at all. For now, is not possible to present any evidence. The event took place about 40 years ago and soon it can be forgotten, for that reason I wanted to leave a record in ATS.

The event I will describe to you took place in the 70's, during the Military Regime leaded by General Juan Velazco Alvarado.

I was about 10 years old, living in Lima (Peru), during those days. At that age, kids like me were already instructed to DO NOT talk in public places because the government had agents in the streets and buses (public transportation) or even in schools.

I tell you this to give an idea how difficult was to receive or spread information in those days. I guess that's why all this stuff about government spying and NSA doesn't scare me anymore.

My father was the manager of a luxurious restaurant during the Military Regime of "El Gobierno Revolucionario de las Fuerzas Armadas" (Revolutionary Government of the Armed Forces), the place had 2 levels with private rooms where the corrupted Peruvian Elite used to eat and discuss their business. My father always offered the best food and service to these people and they respected my father and offered him support if needed, sometimes that was convenient.

The San Mateo UFO Crash.

The exact date of this event was not confirmed yet. We know it happened in 1973. San Mateo is located in the highlands of Lima, in the Andes. What we know is that villagers reported a fallen object with occupants. It's important to mention San Mateo is close to Marcahuasi, if you are familiar with the UFO phenomena, you know what it could mean.

This event was investigated by Anthony Choy and Mario Zegarra, Mr. Zegarra has been investigating UFOs for more than 20 years and took part of the OIFAA (Office of Investigations of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena), created by the Peruvian Air Force. See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The morning of that day, the government itself informed the media about the incident, confirming an unknown object crashed in the area and the actions that were taken, troops were on the way to San Mateo by the moment a TV show was interrupted by an official announcement to inform the public. They probably though the object was an airplane.

As soon as they understood the real characteristics of the event, all additional information was blocked. It was too late and everybody was waiting for more information later on that day.

By the afternoon, a famous local journalist named Alfonso Tealdo interviewed 2 Peruvian Air Force Generals, regarding Project Blue Book. Obviously, the audience had to be fed after the initial reports.

A declassification of all the information was requested to the current government; the answer given was that all this was secret. Here are the letters addressed to the current government of Peru.

TRANSLATION:

Mr. Mario Torres Zegarra
Reference: Letter dated July 5, 2013
I am pleased to address you, in attention to the reference document, whereby requests classified information about objects in the airspace.
In this regard, in accordance with Article 15 of Law 27806, Law of Transparency and Access to Public Information, such information is classified as secret, also consistent with Article 163 of the Political Constitution of Peru.
===============

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think it’s very important to point they didn't deny the existence of the information in that letter, they just said it's classified as secret.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TRANSLATION:

Mr. Mario Torres Zegarra
I am pleased to write to you in relation to your letter submitted to the Presidency of the Council of Ministers ......

In this regard, according to reports by the Office of Aerospace Interests of our Institution, after relevant search, it has been determined that there are no records of information regarding your request in this department of the FAP (Fuerza Aerea Peruana)...........
==================

TRANSLATION:

.... In this regard, the reference document, the Directorate of Army Intelligence (DIE), made the verification in the database and files, there is no recorded information or documentation of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs ) .....
===================

Today the witnesses are around 60 years old; soon there will not be anyone to tell the story. One of them describes the military trucks and personnel arrived in the first hours after the event. She was 9 years old. Next days she saw white trucks and foreign people dressed in white (Hazmat?).

The presence of "Gringos" could be something remarkable for another reason. For some reason, many believed the foreign people were americans, that doesn't make sense apparently. The Peruvian Regime considered USA an enemy and the Soviet Union a friend in those days. I don't know what to think about this mess in particular.

ufovnis.com...
www.exploracionovni.com... archivos-ovni/
www.enigmasperu.org...
edit on 18-5-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The problem with this thread is that it is just a report devoid of any supporting evidence so without meaning to possibly hurt your feelings it doesn't add anything worthy of discussion.

Also, it's difficult for me to humor reports of UFO crashes as I don't accept that UFOs crash.

Loose translation of above to Spanish.
El problema con este hilo es que no es mas que un reporte desprovisto de evidencia que lo suporte y sin herirte tus sentidos no contribuye al discurso.

Tambien, es dificil para mi creer en reportes de ovnis que se han estrellado y yo no accepto casos asi. Palabras no son suficiente, se necesita prueba.

edit on 18-5-2014 by Uggielicious because: To correct grammar.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The morning of that day, the government itself informed the media about the incident, confirming an unknown object crashed in the area and the actions that were taken, troops were on the way to San Mateo by the moment a TV show was interrupted by an official announcement to inform the public. They probably though the object was an airplane.

Is there any reason to think it wasnt an aircraft of some kind?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No me sorprende... Need more files though. Good find non the less

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Interesting documents. Good for the record.

S&F.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Since this event was selected by the OIFAA to be investigated by people designated by the Peruvian Air Force itself, about 14 years ago; the chances that it was a regular airplane crash are zero.

It's important to remember all the OIFAA's data and computers were "stolen".

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken

Interesting documents. Good for the record.

S&F.

Thanks Arken, it took me a few days to get them. Not easy to get evidence.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

In the first of the 3 letters posted, the government said the information about it is classified as secret, dated september 2013. That's the current government saying that after 40 years. They didn't deny it.

With that in mind, imagine how hard it to get evidence even today. Anyway I won't stop searching.

edit on 19-5-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

In the first of the 3 letters posted, the government said the information about it is classified as secret, dated september 2013. That's the current government saying that after 40 years. They didn't deny it. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, one presumed "Plane Crash" is still a Top Secret event after 40 years?

What better confirmation of an Extraterrestrial Spacecraft Crash....

edit on 19-5-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Since this event was selected by the OIFAA to be investigated by people designated by the Peruvian Air Force itself, about 14 years ago; the chances that it was a regular airplane crash are zero.

It's important to remember all the OIFAA's data and computers were "stolen".

But if this was suspected to be a military aircraft or an aircraft that had been shot down then the airforce would have been involved in the investigation.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The first to arrive were the army, no air force. Then the Hazmat people with white trucks. No white trucks are used by Peruvian military forces.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yeah sounds like a crash of something military to me, maybe suspected chemical or nuclear.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Maybe just space junk from the US/Soviet space race falling to earth?

Just a thought

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You just gave me an idea. Maybe is possible to search medical records of the area. After 40 years, radiation might be noticeable.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lumpster13
Maybe just space junk from the US/Soviet space race falling to earth?

Just a thought

That wouldn't be a good reason to keep all the information classified for 40 years.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Great work man!

I know people like to say, "There is no way it was a UFO". The truth is, this is probably the best we can get for evidence of just that, a UFO crash.

I mean, after 40 years if it were simply a military craft, operational or experimental, it shouldn't still be classified. There is no point. Any new tech that they didn't want people to know about would either be old news or a non-issue by now.

Unless of course, they had tech so advanced 40 years ago that they still can't talk about it today. In which case I think they have some explaining to do.
edit on 19-5-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

You don't accept that UFO's crash, so your argument in this thread is invalid.

Unless you are willing to come to a debate or discussion with an open mind, willing to take in all information before drawing a conclusion, you shouldn't put in a comment on the issue. All doing so does is muck up the information for others who are trying to draw a conclusion based on evidence, not opinion.
edit on 19-5-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

In the first of the 3 letters posted, the government said the information about it is classified as secret, dated september 2013. That's the current government saying that after 40 years. They didn't deny it. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing of the kind! One can presume that all that is happening is that whoever authorized the reply probably didn't feel like playing and such an explanation tends to end future inquiries. When the alleged crash occurred there was probably more to the event and it didn't have anything to do with UFOs. If it was a satellite, etc., a la Kecksburg, you know that any info will be classified and may never be released even if it's not security sensitive.

Roswell is the best example of this. No UFO crashed near Roswell but who wants to hear the mundane truth when a more romantic one is offered. The majority of the public wants to believe it because researching the truth will disappoint them. And the U.S. government blew it when it offered a ridiculous explanation because the truth might still affect Russian thinking.

edit on 19-5-2014 by Uggielicious because: To correct grammar.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious

Nothing of the kind! One can presume that all that is happening is that whoever authorized the reply probably didn't feel like playing and such an explanation tends to end future inquiries. When the alleged crash occurred there was probably more to the event and it didn't have anything to do with UFOs. If it was a satellite, etc., a la Kecksburg, you know that any info will be classified and may never be released even if it's not security sensitive.

Roswell is the best example of this. No UFO crashed near Roswell but who wants to hear the mundane truth when a more romantic one is offered. The majority of the public wants to believe it because researching the truth will disappoint them. And the U.S. government blew it when it offered a ridiculous explanation because the truth might still affect Russian thinking.

You are offering another theory, according to you maybe it was a satellite.

Well, for the moment there is zero evidence to support that.

new topics

top topics

join