It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstellar. Movie by Christopher Nolan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So the trailer is officially out. Premiere = November 7, 2014.
Absolutely the most anticipated movie of the year.
What do you guys think?
Is it going to surpass Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey?
I am hyped for this one as Inception was the best movie I've ever seen, by far.
Btw, what do you think about interstellar travel, is it possible?
Neither does the actual trailer nor does the teaser give much information as this movie is apparently a secret project.
However, it's such a tease! Gosh, now I can't wait. Both trailers gave me goosebumps.

and this was the first teaser which aired last year

IMDB link :
www.imdb.com...

mods: feel free to move this thread wherever is needed.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Looks good, ive been waiting for a good space movie, i didnt like gravity.

However, one grip about trailers, you watch it think "oh that looks good" and then drop the bomb shell, its 6 months away from release..... =/ I guess im just inpatient.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Hopefully, this one will be more thought-provoking and mind-bending than Gravity, which was just a movie accompanied by nice visuals.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Looks like a pretty cool movie. Christopher Nolan usually makes good movies.

I think interstellar travel, and living off-world will become a reality one day. Not in my life time, and probably not in my 12-year-old daughter's life time, but some day, I think it will happen. The final frontier...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looks very interesting!

I hope they don't wreck it by having Matthew McConaghey's character go into space, succeed at interstellar travel, then return....only to find everyone already dead because of the time difference due to relativity/ near- light-speed travel.

In fact, that seems the ONLY possibility, if indeed they're going to be true to the science involved.

Judging by the clip, it looks like the method of travel they're going to use is an Alcubierre Drive. Cool!

All this is speculation of course. I'm going to go see the film for sure!!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sparkofdivine

Have you seen The Prestige, Memento, Insomnia or Inception?
Nolan does the best movie endings IMO, the ones you keep staring at the credits rolling with your jaw dropped.
I suppose, in these sneak-peaks we can see only the first 50 minutes or so, he left us to wonder what may come after they go through the worm-hole.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
2008 draft of the movie script is floating around the web if you want a look. The hard sci-fi ideas shown in the trailers quickly turn into a run of the mill action flick once through the wormhole.... A new space odyssey this is not.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atzil321
2008 draft of the movie script is floating around the web if you want a look. The hard sci-fi ideas shown in the trailers quickly turn into a run of the mill action flick once through the wormhole.... A new space odyssey this is not.

I haven't read the script (as I want a surprise), but... the original script was written by his brother. Originally, S.Spielberg was appointed for this movie, however he decided not to take this job. Once Christopher took this project, he changed the script and his scripts are really good... I would say.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love me some space flicks. Ive been looking forward to this one since the trailer was released on Apple a few months ago. Nolan doesnt disappoint, and with Hans Zimmer composing the score, I'm expecting an epic monster out of this one..

Only 6 more months...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect
Yeah! Hans is an absolute genius

2nd that.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think a LOT of sci-fi movies are putting out information on what the government is working on. I've seen it over and over. Like Mission to Mars, there was one scene in the round room where they would run, right before the micro-meteor strike, one chick was putting her arm in a devices. 8 years later that device hits the market as a way to warm up the blood quickly from hypothermia.
Minority report, showed an advanced computer, year or so later it was displayed.
This goes on and on, I think it has to do with "no taxation without representation", they show you in a way you won't believe it's real. Then later you can say, "oh look, science fiction becomes science fact, how cool"...

I'm looking forward to this movie, just to see what's displayed for our eyes to see, but the mind to dismiss.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GeekOfTheWeek
or it's more like what TPTB are working on, not the actual government

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Is it going to surpass Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lets not ask that until at least we see what Nolan has in store for us to blow our minds with.

I mean 2001 , Kubrick s directing, the way its edited takes my mind through a worm hole long before the actual worm hole scene but as you say

Both trailers gave me goosebumps.

Yes me too,

The lack of information and what info is known publicly about the film is what makes the anticipation all so sweet.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If it is Nolan expect a LOT of esoteric references!

Interesting that alright, alright, alright Matthew Mcconaughey is in it given his recent acceptance speech about god...planned or not that is interesting that he is chosen to go into the heavens so to speak...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
If it is Nolan expect a LOT of esoteric references!

Interesting that alright, alright, alright Matthew Mcconaughey is in it given his recent acceptance speech about god...planned or not that is interesting that he is chosen to go into the heavens so to speak...

Matthew has been chosen mainly because of his typical american country accent and his recent performances.

IN NOLAN WE TRUST
edit on 20-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just can't wait for this film, glad I found this thread because I considered making one today about the film, good job OP!

It now makes me think about THIS THREAD and see if there is anything in the movie that correlates to that "story".

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A new Tv trailer just out with new footage!screenrant.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

I'll admit it...I watch the trailers every single day and have a reminder set in my phone for this film.

It looks amazing! Anything with space and Mr. Mcconaughey, I'm all in!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
the very last and the most epic trailer number 3 has been released!!!
there is 1 TV Spot, 1 Teaser and 3 Trailers out right now, fair enough, let's wait for the movie premiere ...
I assume it premieres on November 4th in London, then the EU typically on Thursday, November the 6th, US follow the next day, November the 7th.

www.youtube.com...

jesus christ, this film is going to be long & heavy, will destroy your bladder and burn your eyes and IT IS GOING TO BE WORTH IT!
edit on 3-10-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I just saw a trailer for this last night. In a way, it reminds me (heavily) of Event Horizon somehow. Perhaps because of the psychological aspects of space isolation? Two different films here, but that could be it. IDK, but I'll keep an eye on it, it does look thought-provokingly good like Prometheus was. I don't want to get too hyped up over it just yet, many sci-fi flicks that I was eager to see have been a massive disappointment to me in recent years (Russia's 'The Inhabited Island' was the only one that knocked it out of the ballpark, IMO, and it was a random find for me)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join