It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil - I Think I've Figured It Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

but whether or not the human mind assigns a word to something, it is still happening.

Then what something do you assign the word "evil" to?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Most morality infringements ...

Especially when applied to minors .

Is there an echo in here !??

Innocence of Children must be paramount ...

edit on 19-5-2014 by Timely because: Off soapbox

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: DeadSeraph

The issue is you misreading my first post and now trying to look clever my friend.

I would suggest you address that first then we can debate

Are YOU man enough to admit that YOU are wrong ?

Just saying

Cody

This is a pathetic response. I get that usually you are the happy go lucky european old guy that gets a free pass because you spend thousands of your posts in chat threads, but this isn't an acceptable reply.

I am so completely disgusted with this response.
This is a personal attack that has nothing to do with the topic.

Evil. You think you've figured it out? I agree.
Evil is the INTENTION behind an action.
Having the intention to insult a person is evil.

I understand what Cody was trying to convey to you, but you apparently didn't 'get it'.
Close-minded much?

Every single time that a person sets out with intention to harm another individual, either physically, mentally or emotionally....that is evil.

But hey, I get a free pass as a happy-go-lucky old Canadian gal who spends thousands of her posts in chat threads.

jacygirl

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Evil is something that you do but you would not want to befall you yourself. Usually for personal gain. "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

It is a human concept, existence will not be disturbed one way or the other by goodness or evil, maybe just made duller and poorer. Life can be a celebration or a life of fear. You choose...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Unnecessary destruction, caused by one being to another.
Hurting others for no survival reason (killing for fun except for self defense)
edit on 19-5-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: DeadSeraph

The issue is you misreading my first post and now trying to look clever my friend.

I would suggest you address that first then we can debate

Are YOU man enough to admit that YOU are wrong ?

Just saying

Cody

This is a pathetic response. I get that usually you are the happy go lucky european old guy that gets a free pass because you spend thousands of your posts in chat threads, but this isn't an acceptable reply.

I am so completely disgusted with this response.
This is a personal attack that has nothing to do with the topic.

Evil. You think you've figured it out? I agree.
Evil is the INTENTION behind an action.
Having the intention to insult a person is evil.

I understand what Cody was trying to convey to you, but you apparently didn't 'get it'.
Close-minded much?

Every single time that a person sets out with intention to harm another individual, either physically, mentally or emotionally....that is evil.

But hey, I get a free pass as a happy-go-lucky old Canadian gal who spends thousands of her posts in chat threads.

jacygirl

Thanks Jacy

That comment made me giggle, I don't think 47 is THAT old LOL
But when he offered to fight me on youtube I had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks, he wants to fight the OLD European guy.

You should see the u2u I got it's hilarious.

If he wants to go around beating up OLD Europeans he might hit girls as well

Funnily enough by flying off the handle he showed that moral standards are very much relative, exactly what he was fighting to tell me they weren't !!!

Oh the sweet Irony of it all.

Cody

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
Lastly, to do something evil, is an to attempt to damn somebody whom believes in existence.

Close, but not quite. "Evil" is generally what people of one tribe or group call a person (and what they do) who threatens the ability of the people in the group to peacefully procreate. The distinction is between groups. That's why we can call Hitler evil, because he was trying to prevent us from peacefully procreating. Before and during the WWII, he was not evil to a lot of people in Germany.

So evil is a sociological construct. Our biological and sociological imperative is to breed, raise children, and continue our line of DNA. Anything or anyone who inhibits that is evil. But that's only from the perspective of the group. If our group sends an army to kill members of another group who threaten to take away our resources or fight us and make it hard for us to breed, our army is good. But to the other group, they're evil.

Anyway, it all has to do with breeding and raising children to continue our DNA. Procreation is the key.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
In terms of morality, one can say, that the immoral see that there are no contradictory consequences for thier acts, and we could assume that they have a belief that ultimatley, they, and, all will cease to exist at one stage, so they have no need to fear the consequences for their "immoral" acts because they see no punishment when, hypothetically, all is reduced to oblivion.

In terms of morality there are two alternate perceptions of "consequences" - one are consequences to yourself, and the other, is consequences to others.

The unifing term here is "all" and given the abovementioned "alternatives" - all can be relative if we see them as being a complimentary pair, however, they constitute as others, because, of course, evil can inflict "evil" upon itself.

The only release here is if there are no consequences for an action, these actions hypothetically could be anything, however, if there are no consequences, then, you are only dealing with yourself.

One might add that "we are all one" however, I dispute this because it is possible for many "others" to exist, that "we" are not aware of, and we can call ourselves "one" until we realise that there are others that we are not aware of, and that they are not aware of us.

This would mean that reality is infinite, however, "evil" manifests here as the belief in our ultimate demise, rendering morality to be meaningless if we all meet the same fate.

And "evil" to me is this self-defeating concept - it does not mean that one would be depressed, it means that one would forfeit their will to actions that lead to peril and demise, and yes, we do suffer, this is simply reality.
edit on 22-5-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleVortex
Ultimately what I figured out is some are afraid to face the "self", but it's much deeper than that...

So we have all these distractions, labels and any other method that keeps one distracted. Evil is just another program..

Yep. evil comes in many forms. On the other hand who doesn't like being distracted?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join