It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world is NOT out to kill you ..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nope its not out to kill you... just screw you...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
No one hates Americans as individuals.

Just for being such a paranoid and arrogant nation as a whole (exporting "democracy" lol). And also we are still slightly mad for most Americans for being so complacent and lazy about their governments stance on international politics.

I'm still slightly mad at Americans for supporting the US govt even when it is vetoing a ban on anti-personnel landmines, an objective of CO2 reduction or a restructuring of the financial sector.

Americans as individuals are really cool, but as a nation they kinda suck their govt dick every day and ask for more. So few countries in the world have such an apathetic population. The govt could declare the end of social rights and no one would lift a finger about it, while in the rest of the world, people would be in the street each time they disagree with the govt.

The Americans just don't want to hit the streets anymore, only supporting their cause from the comfort of a couch, hoping in vain it will impress the government (lol). As a nation, it is getting lazier and more selfish each day.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

According to Gallup polls, only 25% of citizens approve of the way things are going.

While I agree we're getting lazier as a nation, I'm thinking a lot of it has to do with the economy honestly. Most people can't really afford to go to protests, and the United States is quite a large country. I couldn't drive across the country in two days and be back in time to work. Do you get what I'm saying?

I think either the economy needs to improve a lot, or it needs to bust completely in order for us to do something.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Surefire
Most people can't really afford to go to protests, and the United States is quite a large country. I couldn't drive across the country in two days and be back in time to work. Do you get what I'm saying?

Nope. It sounds like an excuse to me. I'm not even talking about people living outside big cities. Besides things like the tea party, Americans are now hardly protesting against anything, despite being largely against the government as you said it.

Even in poor countries people can get their priorities straight and know when it's time to get their voice heard.

It doesn't happen as much in the US now because people live in their own bubbles and become always more selfish and lazy and self-entitled ("I deserve this and this but I'm too lazy to raise my voice in real life about it. But if their was an app for that...")

oiginally posted by: Surefire
I think either the economy needs to improve a lot, or it needs to bust completely in order for us to do something.

That's why the government can impose pretty much anything as long as it's not a ban on guns or something. Americans are already paying the price for that complacency. Once a proud and free nation, now more like a bunch of people all protecting their own interests and unable to take action as a whole to defend its values (besides guns).

America is now a police state, both nationally and internationally, and the rest of the world do not recognize themselves anymore in a police state.
edit on 20-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Gentlemen .. take the petty arguments elsewhere .. that is not and was not the purpose of this thread.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Gentlemen .. take the petty arguments elsewhere .. that is not and was not the purpose of this thread.

Actually I think I'm pretty much on topic. You posted this:

what gives your country the negative image is the idiotic foriegn policies of your government around the world

I share that idea and explain that the main problem is that Americans are, in majority, against these idiotic policies and yet don't do anything about it. There was a time (before the internet) when they would gather and protest.

Now it seems facebook and twitter got them hypnotized.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Mods .. please close this thread as did not intend it to be used for petty arguements. thank you

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Mods .. please close this thread as did not intend it to be used for petty arguements. thank you

Lol, so you can talk about "idiotic" US international policy but I can't? Whatever

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My drunk Doberman can out-drink yer monkey. Hell...he out-drinks me and that is hard to do. But he's cool...he is the the best drinking partner i know...a reply to: Akragon

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So the part or link about the world not wanting to kill you is where (plural... i.e the world) ?

Should of named it "
The world does not hate America"

edit on 20-5-2014 by hemogoblin because: (no reason given)

I think you got some backs up cuz you ranted in an internatinal forum with conspiracy related folks about the world is not out to murder and rape you when actually you mean Amurikans are not so hated cuz you had or have a passport.

ATS is not murican...... But i think i get your beef
edit on 20-5-2014 by hemogoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Life is death sentence.
More than enough said.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hi guys, gals,

I think that issues run deep - and I mean "Deeeeep".

So, there is bound to be a lot of passionate fighting/excited discussion.

It's not something people can ignore and soon it won't be something you can safely ignore either.

Hope the discussions don't get the better of us though...

The Internet is a great forum to rant on - and it improves awareness and options that people have.

For instance, at one point in time we used to be worried about monopolies like Microsoft - now we have Linux.

The Internet is a great meeting place for like minds in diverse regions of the world... We are discovering that we are not alone in our fight against the government driven aggressions around the world.

We are also discovering that many of us work across all kinds of different organisations and boards and can effect change from where we sit, just because we have the ability to "DENY IGNORANCE". I support keyboard driven change - I post content that influences minds. Minds are where the real world changes start - but it doesn't end there.

Hope that others can discover the power of the publicly written words too.

The Internet is proving that even world government doesn't have to start on the streets - we can do our share of knowledge based fighting right from our living rooms - and mobilize considerable mindshare in the way our world works. THAT is not to be underestimated - it is enormously powerful.

So many corporations are quaking at the thought of facebook rants and twitter rants that go viral, it is unbelieveable. Imagine what similar minded folk with the chutzpah to get together and discuss issues like us can do in the market of public opinions... But it takes work and it takes believing in that work - not wasting the work, by throwing what we learn here to the wayside - How do they say it - 7 degrees of separation - they are talking about human beings and their networks reaching 7 billion people with only 7 degrees of separation.

You are underestimating your potential.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I believe it. My fiance's best friend would tell this story of a japanese foreign exchange student they met years back. She was desperately trying to get someone to agree to marry her JUST so she could stay here in the US. I found the story more comical than anything.

However, traveling outside the US isn't high on my list of things to do. For one, it's costly. Secondly, I hate planes and boats. I get verrryyyy nauseated when on either and the motion sickness lasts for days afterwards. And on top of it all, I'm actually pretty comfy right here in the US of A.
I wouldn't mind, however, travelling to see Japan, S.Korea, and Germany someday. But it's not in any of my near future prospects as things currently stand.

Certain places, however, I will take the word of documentaries and reports on the internet over visiting them any day. Just because I can live as freely as I do here in America doesn't mean I would be treated as such in those countries, simply because I am a woman. Call me paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

The people of western nations are gutless cowards who do not raise weapons against those who murder internationally - they are just as guilty.

Perhaps some people do not hold you responsible - those who are honest do so .. you are responsible for your govt, you have weapons - if you will not kill the tyrants, then you condemn the world to destruction.

Many people truly hate Americans - they are simply too polite to tell you to your faces. Kill the tyrants, or throw your weapons away and admit cowardice.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I personally believe... everyone with guns or weapons with blades are obviously out to get weak people, or out to get people with guns/weapons with blades. That is why every major/powerful countries are the ones that are willing to nuke each other. It will forever be natural to fear beyond the walls of our fragile lives. But I seriously agree with OP that Americans, including I, should take an opportunity to see the world. (Of course, only the fortunate ones get to anyway....)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join