It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Fight for the Free Internet Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Once again, Net Neutrality is at stake and I can't think of a better group of people to appeal to for help on this than those of us at ATS. There may be other topics related to this recently, but I cannot find them other than this one, but, I believe more action must be taken with the recent circumstances.

Go Here and take action to fight this!

This page: www.savetheinternet.com... has excellent ways we can react and I suggest both filing the document with the FCC as well as the petition to Obama.

Saving the internet from corporate control is of utmost priority and we cannot lose this. If we lose this, we lose any chance for real change and true communication.

It's a long fight, but it's definitely not too late and is closer to a win than ever! Spread, spread, SPREAD this info!

And if you have other ways to fight, please, list them here. I've signed all that I know about and am still trying to make calls(with no luck so far)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Fight for free internet? I have been paying for my internet for over twenty years. It has never been free.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
There is one small reason why I am not 100% concerned with the loss of net neutrality... The internet will end up like all other products...

Example: Orange Juice.

Originally, many years ago, companies would sell orange juice that was 100% natural, fresh squeezed. It had a high price because real oranges took a lot of energy, space, and time to grow, squeeze, and bottle.

A little later in time, in order to save money and make a profit, companies started to make artificial orange juice by using less expensive substances that only taste like orange juice, and contain smaller amounts of real orange juice like 10%. That way they can use less oranges, have a lower price, and sell more, and make more profit.

Now fast forward a few years, and people have grown to dislike artificial orange juice. The companies sales have gone down. Their plan to increase profits by making artificial orange juice instead of real orange juice is failing them. So what is their great idea? Hey, lets actually use real oranges, and advertise all over that we have 100% Orange Juice! Now all you see are commercials that their product is 100% natural pure orange juice, unlike competitors.

---

I feel the same thing will happen with the internet and service providers.

Right now we have 100% natural internet. Soon service providers will come up with a plan to make more profit. That is by limiting parts of the internet, and making people pay more if they want access to everything. Like 10% internet.

This idea will bite them in the rear. Next thing we know, service providers are popping up claiming to provide 100% pure internet again, as a selling point to beat their competitors that only have 10% internet.

Does that makes sense?

Just to be clear, I support net neutrality. The above is just a thought I had.
edit on 17-5-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Saving the internet from corporate control is of utmost priority

How by giving control to the government. This what they want metered service and packet inspection.I think No Agenda has a interesting take on this.

PRS
Problem Reaction Solution.

join