It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review...."Divergent"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Don't waste your time on this one unless you like very long, stupid and obviously derivative films. The script was so clumsy, the director didn't let his quality actors act. I felt as if they just going thru the motions and didn't really care about the characters they were playing. And the lame choreographed fight scenes had most of the audience either laughing or groaning with embarrassment.
Of course the cgi was brilliant and painted a fantastic dystopian Chicago. When I saw the trailer I thought this could be a good one...big mistake. Adolescents might enjoy it as it was shamelessly targeting that audience. Save your money and dvd it, if you must.

edit on 16-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Dang... I was looking forward to this one. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah the trailers made me think it was just a dystopian Twilight saga with two annoying actors playing the lead.

Thanks for the confirmation. Such a bummer, though... the universe of Divergent seems like a neat idea.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Never read the books - did catch the movie - can't decide if it is on par with Hunger Games, but then I didn't really like that one either. I'd give it a 'meh on the scale of dead fish ---> OMG!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I haven't seen the movie, but I read the books. What started out as a great premise took a horrible direction IMHO.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I read the books. I saw the movie. The movie is 'okay'. It's obviously not on the same level as 'Godfather'. But it's not as bad as Twilight either. It's a tween girl book series and movie .... so it's pretty much what I expected.

Spoiler alert ... they wimp out '4' in the series. He starts strong but I think he gets wimpy and disappointing.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah the trailers made me think it was just a dystopian Twilight saga with two annoying actors playing the lead. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I listened to part of the first book on tape, and it is SUCH a ripoff of Hunger Games it is ridiculous....

Not sure if the box office is going to warrant a sequel. Visually, the film looks decent enough though...but yeah, it's a blatant copy of Hunger Games. Even the styling of the covers of the books and imagery is all copied off it.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am watching it now there is about 30 minutes left to go. It isn't bad for free.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I watched it earlier before seeing this Thread and I thought is was alright but a definate rip-off of 'Hunger Games' so it was like watching 'Hunger Games' but with different Actors in the Leads.

And for the younger crowd.

join