It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US General Warns Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
"If you ever even contemplate our nuclear capability, it should give everybody the clear understanding that there is no power that can match the United States militarily"

"There are plenty of troops to fight the war on terrorism"

"We can generate more military power per square inch than anybody else on Earth, and everybody knows it"

To me this sounded as if he was talking agressivly. When you start talking about your nuclear weapons in military terms it is very scary.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Sep]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Marg why would we care for these people, I mean we are indiscriminately killing them everyday , them evil US troops! You cant have it both ways marg.

And this war is not the cause of our debt.....8 trillion is a # pile more than $200 billion, I know it is only one more zero, but it is a BIG zero.

So ed then we should allowed Mr. Bush become a Hitler and do genocide on the middle east. Right?

That is OK for you, after all your views on homosexual border on fanaticism. so lets get those less than human middle east people after all they are not christians like you.

Shame on you.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
"The crowd refrained from roaring "Death to America" - their usual cry at Friday prayers - as long as Mr Rafsanjani was speaking.

But the cry was uttered just before his speech and repeatedly afterwards as the prayers spilled over into a planned protest march to mark the first anniversary of the Palestinian intifada uprising."

www.portal.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2001/09/29/wiran29.xml

Iranian people are "peaceful"? No Nukes for the "Peaceful"

Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
"The crowd refrained from roaring "Death to America" - their usual cry at Friday prayers - as long as Mr Rafsanjani was speaking.

But the cry was uttered just before his speech and repeatedly afterwards as the prayers spilled over into a planned protest march to mark the first anniversary of the Palestinian intifada uprising."

www.portal.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2001/09/29/wiran29.xml

Iranian people are "peaceful"? No Nukes for the "Peaceful"

From your article a few lines bellow:

"One middle-aged demonstrator, Ali Asghar Ahedmur, explained that shouting "Death to America" did not actually mean he was pleased that thousands of Americans died two weeks ago. He said: "It's just about the US government, not the people."

The majority of ordinary Iranians have little time for such zealotry, twice voting in huge numbers for their reformist president, Seyed Mohammed Khatami."

These are by the way the hardliners, if you talk to the students or the Iranian Noble Peace Prize winner you will hear no hate towards anyone except the extrimists

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Does anyone here know the history of Iran, and how the Khomeni came to power and they became again a nation gripped by Islamic Rule and ethic? Have none of you watched ANY TV with them protesting their own governemt, as well as the US policy? I don't need a history lesson, I just wondered, There was a great documentary on NAtional Geo channel on cable that was very interesting that you should try to catch. Might change your mind on defending a nation hell bent on bringing Islamioc fundamentalism to the world....

Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Does anyone here know the history of Iran, and how the Khomeni came to power and they became again a nation gripped by Islamic Rule and ethic? Have none of you watched ANY TV with them protesting their own governemt, as well as the US policy? I don't need a history lesson, I just wondered, There was a great documentary on NAtional Geo channel on cable that was very interesting that you should try to catch. Might change your mind on defending a nation hell bent on bringing Islamioc fundamentalism to the world....

does this documentry you alk about go into the deep roots of the hate for the westerners in Iran. Does it talk about The Quajars, Reza Khan and Mossadegh? Cause if it doesnt it would not accuratly pottray why Islamic Revolution came to be. And also dos it talk about after the revolution and the attampts to overthorw it? does it mention the students and the peace loving people in Iran? Or does it, like most other movies, just jump to the revolution and the evil Mullahs? Just wondering

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
marg6043,

The thing is, the American government/military has no right whatsoever to threaten Iran or tell it what to do (since when could it tell anyone what to do?). America is 50% responsible for a half a century of brutality, suffering, and pain amongst the Iranian people under the Shah, and is slightly responsible for the death of over 1 million Iranians from 1980 - 1988.

Iran has threatened many times the U.S. and the west with destroying many cities and military targets....I have seen people say Iran has the right to do this, but now a U.S. general gives a "warning" to Iran, and he is told by a liberal he can't do this?.....

If "America" is "responsible for half a century of suffering in Iran", the Islamic world is responsible for over a thousand years of suffering all over the Earth, and millions of deaths, starting with the first "Islamic crusade" up to today.....

Americans need to understand Iranians hate America because America, with all it's morals and rhetoric, failed to live up to that billing when the Iranian people needed it most. And who paid the biggest price? The Iranian people. Thanks to Team Saddam/Shah/America.

General Abizaid might as well shove it. So can the rest of the U.S. government who thinks they can tell the same nation it screwed over many times what to do. Through his comments, Abizaid proved the American government are certainly bullies.

The Iranian populace is pro-American, if you don't believe it there are threads around here with blogs from "Iranian people" who say it themselves......it is many our own people and others who are "supposedly" liberal minded who hate America...because the U.S. still has the cojones to stand up to other nations when we are attacked, and we were attacked by Islamic extremists.

Your last comment shows that you have no idea how many times the "Iranian government" has threatened the west and the U.S. in specific many times.... Khameni, who appears to be your friend, is the one that can shove it if he thinks the U.S. will just stand by while he keeps threatening us and keep supporting terrorism against us.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And what do you think we should do with Iran after our military intervention?

Remember we have to feed, give medical care and provide safety for the countries we invade, US is also responsible for the people's lives in those countries, look at Afghanistan the only reason they are surviving is through drug traffic now.

I don't know but I think we are really into a financial mess right now can you imagine if we have to provide for another country?

Any Ideas?

Marg....is it possible for you to back up one of your claims?...just one?.... I saw the other post about opium in Afghanistan...but since when hasn't Afghanistan been an opium nation?.....

I totally agree with the other member....your posts are only for bashing the U.S., a country where you live at and has provided for you... There is nothing, ever, informative about your posts..... EVER.....

If it was me thinking the U.S. is an evil country and i didn't like it's policies thinking it is the worse country there is, i would go back to Cuba, my own country, and stay there....why the heck do you want to live a life in a country that you don't like?.... Instead of getting all worked up over lies and exagerations of your own just get away from whatever you think is creating your problems.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

If it was me thinking the U.S. is an evil country and i didn't like it's policies thinking it is the worse country there is, i would go back to Cuba, my own country, and stay there....why the heck do you want to live a life in a country that you don't like?.... Instead of getting all worked up over lies and exagerations of your own just get away from whatever you think is creating your problems.

You know what Muaddib I will never kiss anybody's butt including the president or yours to make you happy, I am my own person I work for a living and so my husband, US has dirty dishes a everybody has seen them but you and you friends out there. If you want to kiss to somebody that is your problem.

If you can not said something solid don't go on others and dump your hatred for the ones that are not like you.

I have nothing else to said to you bye.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Fact. The U.S. has been waging a very meticulously controlled battle in Iraq.

Fact. If the U.S. would so desire, it could obliterate Iraq in a matter of days, or sooner

Fact. If the U.S. would so desire, it could obliterate Iran in a matter of days, or sooner

Fact. If the U.S. would so desire, it could obliterate the entire region in a mater of days, or sooner.

Who are you fooling trying to make the case that the Iranians are some kind of so called badarses?, or the North Koreans, or Chinese for that matter?

There are voices who call for all out war, I am not one. But, if a "real" war were to begin, you would see devastation the likes of which have not been seen hitherto in history. God have mercy if the time should come when the U.S., British, Aussies, and any and all other countries who would join forces with the allies in an all out war against aggressor nations unleash the totality of their arsenal. It would be an unimaginable obliteration unforseen by anyone on this website, or the world, for that matter. It would make WW2 look like a rugby match.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
It would be an unimaginable obliteration unforseen by anyone on this website, or the world, for that matter. It would make WW2 look like a rugby match.

You know what, I agree on this one with you, the third world countries that has been allowed to have nuclear power will used it, they don't have the same control as the more civilized nations out there, and then the showdown of our races will begin.

Our earth will still be here but will us?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Apparently, you know very little about Iran. You obviously support puttting a pro-American dictator like the Shah back in power.

In fact, nobody here even seems to know a shred about Iran. And that'll cost you. Big.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Fact. The U.S. has been waging a very meticulously controlled battle in Iraq.

Fact. If the U.S. would so desire, it could obliterate Iraq in a matter of days, or sooner

Fact. If the U.S. would so desire, it could obliterate Iran in a matter of days, or sooner

Fact. If the U.S. would so desire, it could obliterate the entire region in a mater of days, or sooner.

This is absolute crap, and the only person who would say that about any country would be a country loving person who is too bigheaded to realise that its harder than it looks, and that their country is not as powerful as they think.

The only way America could do that is nuke the hell out of the region, but there would be some retaliation if the region had nukes, belonged to country that had nukes... or was even CLOSE to a country that had nukes.

Also the UN would serriously disaprove of America doing this and throw America out of the UN unless the action HAD to be done, with no other option.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I saw the other post about opium in Afghanistan...but since when hasn't Afghanistan been an opium nation?.....

Afganistan was not an opium nation when the Taleban were in power, it was a BIG no no. I believe drug control was one of the reasons the US supported the Taleban getting in to power.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

wow they have missiles that have the range for europe
so do loads of other countries.
why should we be threatend by Iran because it wants to extend its missile range. (if it openly threatend europe then that would be a cause for concern )

Actually they did threaten the West...including Europe and the U.S., but i guess you did not hear about it. It was in the news sometime ago.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The Iranian populace is pro-American, if you don't believe it there are threads around here with blogs from "Iranian people" who say it themselves......it is many our own people and others who are "supposedly" liberal minded who hate America...because the U.S. still has the cojones to stand up to other nations when we are attacked, and we were attacked by Islamic extremists.

Iranians have no problem with the American people. Pro-America does not mean pro-U.S. government, sorry to disappoint you. Any questions?

Your last comment shows that you have no idea how many times the "Iranian government" has threatened the west and the U.S. in specific many times.... Khameni, who appears to be your friend, is the one that can shove it if he thinks the U.S. will just stand by while he keeps threatening us and keep supporting terrorism against us.

Fortunately, Iran has shown not to be cowardly and scared in the face of bullies and those who screw other nation's people for their own needs, especially when it comes to helping a guy named Saddam and kissing the feet of a monarch named Reza. So you, and General Abizaid and everyone in the U.S. gov't who agrees with you can all shove it. Way up.

Go cry to Abizaid and find more people to threaten.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Like someone else said, it depends on whether the documentary tells the whole story. Everyone knows Iran is far from perfect. But history proves they've got good reasons.

A number here do not seem to know a shred about Iran. And that could cost us. Big.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

[edit on 30-11-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Fortunately, Iran has shown not to be cowardly and scared in the face of bullies and those who screw other nation's people for their own needs, especially when it comes to helping a guy named Saddam and kissing the feet of a monarch named Reza. So you, and General Abizaid and everyone in the U.S. gov't who agrees with you can all shove it. Way up.

Go cry to Abizaid and find more people to threaten.

And another country comes to mind also guess which one, "Venezuela" they have not gone under Mr. Bush Bully ways.

I guess we have to call Mr. General Abizaid, by the way it sound middle easterner, and come and bully Venezuela too.

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Afganistan was not an opium nation when the Taleban were in power, it was a BIG no no. I believe drug control was one of the reasons the US supported the Taleban getting in to power.

We have a link on ATS about Mr. Bush wanting to fumigate the fields regardless of civilians that may get caught in the process.

But occurs I am such a lier,
And the some are so blind.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If you can not said something solid don't go on others and dump your hatred for the ones that are not like you.

I have nothing else to said to you bye.

I never said that you had to kiss anyone's butt Marg...what is it with you and all this sexual talk... Many times you have asked me if i am going to punish you....perhaps you should ask your husband for that and stop making stupid remarks once and for all.

If you don't like that response then you should stop your insulting comments....

And please...you are telling me to say something solid?....when all you do is bash and blame away most of the time not knowing what the heck you are talking about, and not having anything to back up your claims?....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

And please...you are telling me to say something solid?....when all you do is bash and blame away most of the time not knowing what the heck you are talking about, and not having anything to back up your claims?....

All you do is insulting every post I make so look at yourself and see that it makes you look pitifull when what you target about is just a petty way of get your anger out when things don't go your way, your act like somebody that feels good insulting but contributing nothing.

Most posters here has show how in the wrong your are with your views, but you get some satisfaction just getting at me, for your information I am here to stay and I am not going anywhere you like it or not, so get used to it.

You are for now in my ignore list. Bye.

And for those interested in the afghanistan problem with poppy producing of heroin I got these links.

Afghan farmers say crops poisoned
AFP , Hakimabad,Afghanistan
Sunday, Nov 28, 2004,Page 5

The Afghan government on Nov. 18 launched a probe into claims unidentified foreign troops sprayed fields in Hakimabad and neighboring villages in Khogyani, Shinwar and Achin districts, in one of the country's biggest poppy-growing regions.

www.taipeitimes.com...

�s poppy crop yields about �70% of the world�s supply of opium and much of this poor country�s income� (Intelligencer par 1). After the poppy plant flowers and the petals fall off, �bulbous green capsules� swell on the top of the poppy�s stalk for approximately ten days; workers then slit the outer layer of the capsule, a �thick, whitish fluid oozes� from the cut, and this fluid hardens and becomes brown by the next day. This substance is opium, which can be made into morphine, and further refined into heroin (Reader�s Digest).

Without the poppy plants, Afghan farmers will be without sufficient income and have problems meeting the daily needs of their families. Even if these farmers survive, getting by on crops of onions, there will be no growth and improvement in their everyday lives.

muweb.millersv.edu...

[edit on 30-11-2004 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join