It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outside agencies reaching into Board to delete potentially classified info? - HOAX attempt thwarted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I was just wondering about something that happened over on the Aircraft Projects Forum. A member posted something, an image of an aircraft, I assume, and it was gone after a few minutes and replaced with a warning citing Executive Order 13292 about the release of classified information:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is that was something the Board did, or was it done by an outside agency? That's some pretty close and speedy monitoring, either way.
edit on 16/5/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Post was edited by someone named "SimonGrey" A mod on the site I presume. I didn't see the thread in question or anything until clicking your link and scrolling down to the bottom. I have posted things in the past on websites, and I havn't run into issues.

As far as "how fast they changed the post."

Automatic. Computers waiting for keywords don't need to be noticed by a human. Set up a code that prioritizes flagged content. Set up other algorithms that take automatic action without review by a human.

This case though feels like a Mod on this site knows some things himself, or at least someone here knew something was classified and they took the liberty of not further breaking US Laws.

I find it funny looking at things I know are classified on wikipedia. I guess it's all the level of classification.

Wish I could see the picture, or is it still online somehow?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
FTR.... The Staff of ATS are listed by title on the Forums Page.

Just something for reference when a Staff name comes up someone isn't familiar with.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Post was edited by someone named "SimonGrey" A mod on the site I presume.

The Owner.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Wow-Cool

SO, if ANYONE wants to communicate to the FEDs ??? . . . POST on ATS ???

-
Disclosure: Sorry, I just couldn't HOLD myself from an ... OPINION.
edit on 16-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: HINT: It's ... Above Top Secret !!!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Post was edited by someone named "SimonGrey" A mod on the site I presume.

Simon is the founder of ATS.

J

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

This case though feels like a Mod on this site knows some things himself, or at least someone here knew something was classified and they took the liberty of not further breaking US Laws.

Interesting. I personally wouldn't know if something was classified or not, just by looking at it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
huh now that is interesting, the edit was by the site owner and for a conspiracy site I have to say i find it very funny that the stated reason is for posting classified information.

Seriously a website built around uncovering the secret truth yet we cannot post any of said secret truth because it goes against a executive order, seems almost ironic.

I for one would love to know more about this, it has certainly perked my interest.

Also the fact that the post was only up for seven minutes makes it all the more interesting.

As members of this site I think we all deserve to know what exactly went on.
edit on 16-5-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
EXECUTIVE ORDER 13292

It sounds like the emperor one

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I would guess that the mods know what kind of posts they cannot allow.

As for agencies monitoring the web... I heard our military counterespionage (Militärischer Abschirmdienst) monitors German forums where people might thoughtlessly post pics or sensitive info they are not supposed to.
If they do it, you can bet your guys do it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

I guess that's the question. Who exactly are "our guys?"

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm guessing Simon has had a request to have it removed, which would imply that someone somewhere is watching this forum very closely at all time?

Hmmm, now the curiosity has set in. What did stealthbomber post and if it was indeed classified, then who is he? Dun dun dun.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I really don't think Simon overstepped his authority. Classified info being posted is just as much a serious legal liability for them as someone posting "Cheese Pizza" would be. There's really no need to ask for that kind of trouble, it's just not worth it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Interesting to note that editing a post doesn't update the last visit date for the member.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If a member here has "classified info" to post, it's not really that classified is it? Wow.....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What are they (owner/mods) supposed to do?
Violating national security is no joke (especially considering your NDAA-type laws in the US) the alternative would probably be losing the site, or facing serious legal consequences.
You won't find real ATS-stuff on ATS. Maybe on the darknet...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
the thread is closed now too

Get your spiderhole ready people

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ColCurious

I guess that's the question. Who exactly are "our guys?"

That's the good part. You don't know. You are not supposed to know. I trained near some of the people who are more the monitor/win hearts and minds guys. There are other angles especially for people over seas. There has to be, because it's just way too easy to forget exactly everything that's supposed to be secret. It's too easy to give away a location or anything else like that.

Now that it was pointed out to me the site owner was the one who edited the post, it tells me this site is a likely honeypot for people to leak things that are "Above Top Secret." Therefore this sort of activity would be noticed instantly and even encouraged to come through this route as to be dealt with in a less painful way to all parties involved.

I wonder about the poster in question.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I think it would depend on how they got their hands on it. For example, Bradley Manning style would be a serious breach.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I really don't think Simon overstepped his authority. Classified info being posted is just as much a serious legal liability for them as someone posting "Cheese Pizza" would be. There's really no need to ask for that kind of trouble, it's just not worth it.

What YOU say ... I'm Unable-to-Disagree.

HOWEVER

Someone FIRST had to be on the "IN" ... to be able to ... KNOW what is "OUT".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join