It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help quoting text from a site on ATS mobile.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Can someone please explain how to properly quote text from different sites?

I recently switched to ATS mobile to save data on my phone.

It is completely different than the PC setting andI am confused on the icons and how it brings the material to a comment that I want to reply to.

Confusing and frustrating trying to quote material. It isn't working out too well for me.

Why did it go to the top of my reply after I quoted a post and then typed a reply. I wanted the quoted text and link below my statement.

It is pretty confusing and I find myself just wasting time due to just simply hitting the back button and ditching the post all together.

Ignorance on my part, but any clarity would be appreciated. I like to back up facts with material. But this confusion is making me not want to waste my time researching topics and wasting time when I cannot use the material I researched.

Thank you.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

If you go to your Account Page and scroll down to where it says MOBILE, you can switch it to the desktop version, so that's it's identical to your PC.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

That is what I had it on, and I actually prefer it, but it was eating my data up on my phone and was pretty slow.

I like the mobile better because of the speed but I am having problems with the whole reply and quote ordeal.

It is completely different.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

It is completely different yes, and I apologize I don't use that version of the mobile site, so I'm not much help unfortunately.

I took a look though quickly and it seems like you'll be using the buttons a the top of the post, same you would here, except they don't have the words next to them.

The " symbol would be for quoting, the speech bubble for just a reply.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The last time I tried to hit the cloud icon, it popped up the external quote box. It didn't do that before.

new topics

top topics

join