It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind of World Do You Want?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'd like to thank my dear friend Cody in advance for giving me the tip to create this thread.

I was minding my own business at the Avatars Creations thread, when I created an avatar inspired by the song " World" by Five for Fighting.

The 2006 song basically asks the question:
What kind of world do you want?
But also warns: "Be careful what you wish for."
If you had the option to create a new world, what would it be like?

Mine would be the following:
A world without disease
A world without starving
A world without hatred
A world without weapons and wars
A world without leaders
A world without borders
A world without jealousy

Instead people working together,helping each other in achieving their goals, and living peacefully with each other, supporting each other, and always thinking of new ways to better our world.(Be that technologically, spiritually, etc.)

That would be the world I'd love to create if I had the chance.I don't think I'd have to be careful for what I wish for though.
Perhaps my only selfish cause would be to create a tree that grows bacon flavored chocolate donuts...free for all, of course.

So, let it out...
Don't be shy.
edit on 16/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
your tree is spoiling my view. i want to cut it down. we have a problem.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

So, if you could create a new world ( without that darn tree I planted , sorry. ) what would it be like?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I just want to live in Hobbiton.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I could probably go on and on, lol! Here are just 3 ideas that would fit into my idea of a perfect world.

I would love to live in a world where we can all be ourselves without someone judging you for it. A world where individuality is encouraged and celebrated.

To be able to discuss our different religious and spiritual views without wars being fought over it and without being dammed to eternal hell by someone with conflicting religious viewpoints.

A world where no one is starving. There are people eating off of gold plates while drinking $$$$ wine from crystal glasses while other humans are starving, for crying out loud!

edit on 16-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Hiya,
I couldn't agree more, very valid points!

Thanks for sharing Jennyfrenzy.

#No judgement
I would love to add that one to my list.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
I'd like to thank my dear friend Cody in advance for giving me the tip to create this thread.

I was minding my own business at the Avatars Creations thread, when I created an avatar inspired by the song " World" by Five for Fighting.

The 2006 song basically asks the question:
But also warns: "Be careful what you wish for."
If you had the option to create a new world, what would it be like?

A world without disease
A world without starving
A world without hatred
A world without leaders
A world without borders
A world without jealousy

Instead people working together,helping each other in achieving their goals, and living peacefully with each other, supporting each other, and always thinking of new ways to better our world.(Be that technologically, spiritually, etc.)

That would be the world I'd love to create if I had the chance.I don't think I'd have to be careful for what I wish for though.
Perhaps my only selfish cause would be to create a tree that grows bacon flavored chocolate donuts...free for all, of course.

So, let it out...
Don't be shy.

My friend you pose a great question! If a world of peace and love is what you wish to create then why not start creating it for yourself? You have all the necessary tools within and without your being, all that needs be is the creative spark to Will it so!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Somewhere I read that if the wind didn't blow plants would grow weak and leggy, unable to support their own fruit.

If you get that then stress from all these terrible things actually teaches us to be better people.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

A world without the capacity to sin.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: taoistguy

So, if you could create a new world ( without that darn tree I planted , sorry. ) what would it be like?

I need some of your land so I can build a big castle.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I want to live in your world. I would plant a forest of donut trees. In addition....

There would be no currency all trade would be by barter. (help each other.)

Unicorns would fart rainbows and rain would taste like watermelon juice. Butterflies would produce butter and hummingbirds would hum.

It would be great.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A world where there isn't one species destroying the ability of many other species to survive would be nice.

A world where people don't waste the resources they have would be better.

A world where people would self monitor their birth control would be a good idea, humans are not supposed to act like animals anymore, we should be thinking more to self control our numbers. Wars should not be a way of regulating the population.

Small communities living symbiotic with nature would be better than this corporate/government controlled system reliant on certain factions of industry to survive. At least they haven't taken away our ability to grow our own gardens yet, but they have made it hard to help your neighbor without going through the supply distribution system structure.

Naw, Too many people are self centered, believing their rights are more than their neighbors. We need to give mother earth half of the vote on anything effecting the earth, if we do, she can supply us with food for thousands of years. If we keep hacking at her and exploiting everything than she can't provide for us for long.

I can't see a world like I want it ever existing anymore, the actions of people thousands of miles away are causing others grief. I don't believe in fairy tales. If nine tenths of all people died, maybe the fairy tale wouldn't be a fairy tale anymore. But the greedy will probably survive, repopulating the earth with more like them.

Wow, this turned into a rant for me.
That is because I know what I want will never happen. I dislike the direction that humanity is going in. I know OP, this was supposed to cheer us up.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm so pleased you took up the challenge RR

So my perfect world ?

The more I listen to song the more I think, hell of a challenge ...............Thank you

Cody

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

A world without disease
A world without starving
A world without hatred
A world without leaders
A world without borders
A world without jealousy

That is a world I would create as well. And perhaps the tree would have jalapeno popper seeds.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thank you all for responding, you have given me a lot to think about.

-No currency
-peace and love
-birth control, since we aren't animals anymore
-unicorns, and watermelon flavored rain....

May I add, no more bullies, and lack of confidence?
A world where we all respect one another, and know how precious we are?
I see so many talented people daily, who never move to the next level,because either others are bringing them down (jealousy), or they lack the confidence.

Also no more weapons..... they are gone!
No more drugs, and no more crime!
There, this world could be so much better if we just sat down and really thought about it.

I'm reinstating the bacon flavored chocolate donuts, sorry, taoistguy
edit on 16/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Mine, would be one, where merit was the sole determination of success.

I like the concept of a Meritocracy,

I feel current society coddles genetically inferior behavior, allowing it to propagate.

From an evolutionary stand point, allowing the lowest common denominator to propagate will be an evolutionary dead end.

But than, I am someone who views Humanity as a strange quark of nature, that probably shouldn't of happened.

We seem to just be hairless monkeys with the hubris to think we are better.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

A world without deceit.

Just give me that, and everything else will fall into place by itself.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm reinstating the bacon flavored chocolate donuts, sorry, taoistguy

lol

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious
Yes,I agree.
No more lies,and no more trickery.
What a world that'd be.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The whole question begs for a premise. What is life for? Now if the answer for you is, "Nothing at all; it just is." or something similar, then I could see constructing a world like you have described: All squeaky clean and perfect with nary a blemish or cloud in sight. You're describing a kind of Heaven, a Camelot. To me, personally, that would be a university campus with the tuition perpetually paid containing a vast library of every book ever printed. That's always seemed like perfection to me. But I digress.

The first problem that occurs is the fact that we are human: Homo sapiens, an animal that, for better or worse, requires sustenance to stay alive. That means eating something, and if we have evolved to the point that eating our fellow animals is sufficiently abhorrent in our eyes, the only other thing to eat is plants. Now I've heard that it is technically possible to subsist on the fleshy part of seeds, then plant the seed, so as not to kill any living thing, but I'm not convinced the juice of an orange has sufficient protein to keep a population alive. And if you're a true vegan, you can't even drink milk.

So plants it is, and yet this is an artificial division. We are willing to eat plants why? because they are sufficiently different than animals? Yet who is to say whether a head of lettuce cries as we rip it from the ground and tear into its body with our teeth? Are you absolutely sure we are not choking and killing a form of consciousness? I'm not sure myself. I don't have enough information to know one way or another.

Not only that, our bodies not only require sustenance, but shelter and clothing. Once again, we provide for ourselves buy utilizing our environment however we can. We can make clothing from the wool of sheep and not kill them, but inevitably shelter and clothing leads to taking from the environment simply because the environment, except in certain narrowly-defined locales, is not hospitable enough to support our lives. We need fire to stay alive.

So if we are to create this perfect world without killing, being human is not the way to do it. There is too much inherently wrong with the whole idea because humans aren't really designed for a non-killing, unsheltered existence, certainly not for 7 billion people. The only way to do it would be to be in the form of some sort of consciousness that did not require killing something else, animal or vegetable, to stay alive, but instead derive energy from something like solar power. That would relieve us of the necessity of exploiting anything at all.

We're never going to get there in this world. besides, we share it with bears that eat salmon, cougars that eat deer, wolves that eat caribou, alligators that eat whatever they can, including you if you are available. Oh, they may do it in an "ecologically balanced manner" if left sufficiently well alone, but if given half a chance the wolves will decimate a herd to extinction. The fact is that nature, without humans, is "red in tooth and claw." So to design the perfect world within the context of the Earth, that has no preconceived notion that such a world is better, is problematical. The Earth would kill us all in a heartbeat. It doesn't care, yet we get all teary-eyed if we perceive our own species is not sufficiently respectful of the Earth. That has its practical side, too, of course, but it is essentially a lop-sided proposition. We have to nurture the Earth without killing it even as we protect ourselves from the earth killing us--without remorse or tears of its own.

However, if the purpose of life is somewhat different than the above, then it's a whole new ball game. What if the earth is a school where we learn, for example, the consequences of our actions? What if we have created the Earth with our own minds, but it really isn't there in any objective sense? What if there is an Earth for every decision ever made and this is but one in an infinite series? Or what if, in reality, Earth is a computer simulation and we are avatars created by a bored boy living in his Mom's basement, who simply wants to fight fake goblins and demons for some afternoon entertainment, not realizing that the avatars he himself has created are self-aware and believe in the preposterous notion that they have free will?

And if that is the case, then I might very well prefer to live in a world with a few battles to fight and seemingly insurmountable obstacles to overcome, loves to be lost, and food to be found, because that makes me feel a lot more alive than lying around in a world of sunshine and ideal temperature contemplating how peaceful it is.

Maybe that's simply missing the point,

and it would be boring as hell.

edit on 5/16/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join