It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.C. Dem. Congressman Assaults Student on Washington Sidewalk for asking 1 question!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The first one is that the students should have identified himself to the congressman.

Seriously? You do not even have to idnetify yourself to a police office in some circumstances, let alone some toolbag politician. They were on a public sidewalk, they can ask anyone questions, even Congressman Grabbyhands. If he did not like it he should have kept on walking.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LouisCypher
Actually, according to most states, and in states like Texas, if an officer of the law does ask you who you are, you do indeed have to honestly give them that information. You may not have to give them your id, but you do have to identify yourself.

Think about it, what would the impact had been if these college students had identified themselves initially, and the congressman had acted that badly? The congressman would have been in trouble a lot more so than he ended up.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

As he obviously was not a law enforcement officer they are under no compulsion to tell him anything. He acted like a jackass.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

I would have knocked him out. It would go viral and i'll be a hero. lol

The kid had his chance a blew it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Hmmm, get me the original untouched footage and post it here. Or it didn't happen.

(Pssst... to the rest of us..... i have the unedit version in waiting.... hehehehe)

Anyway. I'll wait for you to prove it different, instead of just saying it.....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
Watch this and tell me the Dems are OberSensitive to anything having to deal with Obama or anything they did/do to support Obama and Co.

Now that you have seen this video, time to teach your kids and others how to defend themselves.

I think a nice reversing leg sweep would have done this old fart a world of good.

Maybe even a palm to the base of the nose. And, justified. Self defense. Too good to be true.

Why stoop to his level. He wanted an reaction but he never got it. They made him look like an idiot without any added violence.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Do you always make posts without researching them first?

First you post a video from nearly four years ago...then, after a page and a half of discussion, you post the aftermath from three years ago.

Again, did you do any research before you hit 'post'?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

that's not really assault or anything just some pushing, the kid could be charged with harassment if anything and felonious restraint only applies towards an adult against minors under 16 not college kids and even then he was kept in one place not moved to another location by any means so legally it does not fit the definition.

the kid was being a douche bag harassing this guy and getting in his face like that then acting like he did nothing wrong, if that was any other person without such a position that kind of behavior would earn a punch or two in the face.
people sure have gone soft if they think that was violence, really all he wanted from this kid was a respectful attitude and a name and he would have been nicer and willing to answer a few questions.
he was only asking for his name because in the south that's proper etiquette when introducing yourself or asking a question to a stranger.

first you ask politely if he can answer a few questions then wait patiently for an answer, if he says no let him pass and apologize for taking up their time but if yes and he stops then state who you are, why you're asking then state your questions in order. it's that simple, this kid was forceful, rude and obnoxious. when you are in the south behave properly towards others especially to strangers and your elders.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Is this a recent video? If it is, I can't believe the media hasn't jumped on this, (than again, I wouldn't be surprised).

This is a perfect example of how our representatives think they're above the law, both conservatives and liberals alike. This is just like Rep. Michael Grimm, R-New York, who threatened a reporter who asked him a question about his illegal fundraising during his 2010 campaign.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nobody holds these representatives accountable. Our supposedly "free" press is supposed to be censuring the government. The only way these clips like this are shown in the national media is when they go viral on the internet. Only at that time, our "free press" is reluctantly pressured to expose government corruption and criminality.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This video is REALLY old, like 4 years old. It was originally posted in 2011 in this ATS thread:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Hmmm. I never said it was fresh.

New to me.

enjoy.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Yes, the video is old.

Yes, the video has been posted before. Many times in fact. What do they all have in common?

They all have the same question.

"Do you support the Obama agenda."

As soon as those words come out of the kids mouth, this guy goes crazy.

Call me crazy, but I'm beginning to think you are spewing crap buddy.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Then show it, because I can't remember where I saw it and I don't remember what was said, but I'm pretty sure there was no mention of Obama.

Ok, so I've looked back and I concede to you. The Obama statement is in there. The original scene was over his voting in favor of 'Obamacare' and I guess my memory just forgot the Obama connection. I only remembered that he was pissed about being confronted about losing jobs for North Carolina.

edit on 5/16/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/2014 by wtbengineer because: I stand corrected

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

The reply to Anon72 goes to you too. At least the edit...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I've said it a million times (well not quite, but close) but this too is another shining reason we need to oust the bad ones, put irrevocable term limits and replace the politicians with STATESMEN. As a country and a people, we don't need politicians anymore...we need people who will do what's needed for the people they serve...not do what they want instead of what's needed...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Unwanted touching of any kind is assault. I'm not where you are from but if someone puts there hands on me without an invitation and especially in the menacing manner this politician did warrants charges. Of course it won't happen and he will walk away free and clear and most likely be reelected again to an office he is not fit for.

I understand, I was just kind of making light of the situation. The letter of N.C. law is pretty clear what constitutes an assault, and the politician did just that.......by the letter of the law. It's just that he did it in kind of "gentle" way, if you catch my drift.

Where I come from, an assault is pretty cut and dry. If you're assaulted, there is no technical discussion about it. It's pretty clear.

He needs his head checked though and he needs to be out of the public service realm. Period.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anon72

Hmmm, get me the original untouched footage and post it here. Or it didn't happen.

(Pssst... to the rest of us..... i have the unedit version in waiting.... hehehehe)

Anyway. I'll wait for you to prove it different, instead of just saying it.....

It was four years ago it's not like you have anything that hasn't already been released. So what is with the act like this just happened?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

He looks drunk, drugged or hung over, I wonder if he was worried some undercover opp was out to catch that.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm DISGUSTED that this pig is from NC...my home state...NEVER elect this joker again!
2nd.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

I've never heard the term "gentle assault" in a NC court of Law.

Maybe my lawyer/Senator Thom Goolsby from NC would like to discuss this guys behavior.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join