It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Races Should Be Illegal!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hello

Everybody who came to this rant thinking it was going to be about racism should really think deeply about what they are focusing on and hence creating for themselves!

Street Racing

Street racing is a form of unsanctioned and illegal motor racing which takes place on public roads. Street racing can either be spontaneous or well-planned and coordinated. Well coordinated races are planned in advance and often have people communicating via 2-way radio/citizens' band radio and using police scanners and GPS units to mark locations of local police hot spots. Street racing is reported to have originated prior to the 1930s due to alcohol prohibition in some parts of the United States. Opponents of street racing cite a lack of safety relative to sanctioned racing events, as well as legal repercussions arising from incidents, among street racing's drawbacks.

Street Racing: Dangers

Dangers
The Kent, Washington police department lists the following consequences of street racing:

Traffic collisions, including fatalities
Trespassing on private property
Auto theft rates, carjackings

Because vehicles used in street racing competitions generally lack professional racing safety equipment such as roll cages and racing fuel cell and drivers seldom wear fire suits and are not usually trained in high-performance driving, injuries and fatalities are common results from accidents. Furthermore, illegal street racers may put ordinary drivers at risk because they race on public roads rather than closed-course, purpose-built facilities, such as Pacific Raceways in the aforementioned city.

Because racing occurs in areas where it is not sanctioned, property damage (Torn up yards, signs and posts being knocked down from accidents) and damage to the fences/gates closing an area off (in the case of industrial parks, etc.) can occur. As the street racing culture places a very high social value on a fast vehicle, people who might not otherwise be able to afford blazingly fast but very expensive vehicles may attempt to steal them, violently or otherwise. Additionally, street racers tend to form teams which participate in racing together, the implication above is that these teams may be a form of organized crime or gang activity.

Worth noting is that the astronomical theft rate of the Acura Integra and other popular street racing cars is associated with street racing, in addition to the usual claims of chop shops.

So as I stated in this OP title ... Some races should be illegal!

And thankfully they are!

Watch your speed and please drive responsibly!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

And WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!!!!!

I worked the road for years in my career and handled or assisted with many thousands of auto accidents and never once... Let me repeat that... NEVER ONCE unbuckled a dead person....

That's correct.. NEVER

Seat belts even more than air bags SAVE LIVES

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've owned a few cars that seem to attract certain types,

In my rx-7 or classic charger, I'll get people who try to roll up on me to race.

Thankfully I am a grown ass man, and racing in the streets in a car I take pride in taking care of...

Well let's just say I am secure enough to not have a childish pissing match that risk lives, even in my teen years I found the idea ridiculously stupid.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

The only racing I have done was in a Buick park avenue. I was able to win against a Monte Carlo. I will never top this accomplishment, therefore I digress.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

A schoolmate of mine used to drive races when we were young.
I didn't know what to make of it back then, and I'm still not sure today to be honest.
I must admit I do love driving fast though...

The thing is, nothing ever happened to him or anyone else I know of.
I'm sure there must be some accidents, and as far as I know it is illegal here too.

Then again we have the Autobahn here, so a "races" are hard to prove for the police... you might just be in a hurry.
And the number of accidents here is very low.

*that thread-title is amazing btw

edit on 16-5-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Morning,

The only race that I am wary about is the Human Race.
S+F anyways.

-Peace-

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You wrote this whole thing so you could get away with your racy title.

I challenge you to a...... RACE

I get to be the japanese guy no wait i mean i get to drive a honda
edit on b2828527 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

One thing to consider is that not many countries have the high standards of Germany when it comes to licenses.

The US can be surprisingly cheep and easy to legally be on the road, this leads to many being extremely irresponsible, seeing it as a right and not a privilege.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I think the USA is too easy because of the low age required to drive, it leads to them drifting from the day they pass to all sorts of bad habbits.

The uk is not much better but i think the test is harder (aka more rules you are forced to get right) also its 17 years age. however early passers tend to be the worst overall.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I am deeply grateful to all the members who have replied and stayed on topic!

Thank You!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Probably true.

I can really recommend what is called "ADAC-Pkw-Intensiv-Training" here.
You can bring your own car, or use new rally-geared cars from ADAC.

We made this as a gift for my nephew when he got his license.
Have a look (I know the video is a bit cheesy - turn of the music!!):

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I hear that the driving instruction and level of skill required to pass in sweden and other Scandinavian country's is extremely high.

To the point they are taught to actually handle a car drifting on ice/snow.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
In japan its difficult and expensive to get a license only other place saw that has tough license standards is germany ..

Theres clubs in japan that hold races set up along specified routes and rules for safety ..

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Wouldn't suprise me one bit.

It really should be mandatory to be able to handle your vehicle in every situation IMO.
If you think about it - you're sitting in a huge cage of sheet metal, weighing up to tons, accelerated to +100 km/h, with a constant gasoline-explosion right in front of you!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

not just cars though, you can drive a 7 ton truck on a car license in the uk, put one of those in the ice and you are quite literally in kenny loggins dangerzone.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke
Hello

Everybody who came to this rant thinking it was going to be about racism should really think deeply about what they are focusing on and hence creating for themselves!

People who use sensationalist and misleading thread titles to create interest should really think deeply about what they are focusing on and hence creating for themselves!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I agree it was indeed a sensationalist title!

But as to misleading ... please try to prove your case to the mods by utilizing the Alert function.

I have a young lady friend who engaged in a foolish attempt at impromptu street racing with another car as she tried overtaking them in the wrong place at the wrong time, just before a crest, and BOOM ... straight into the front of an oncoming truck.

She was vegetablized and the two other occupants in the car, a young mother and her daughter, died upon impact. The driver of the car that she tried to over take and that would not let her do so was never seen again.

The poor truck driver was devastated and so were many others myself included.

Let her tragic outcome serve as a warning to all.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Before my current car I use to own a 335i fully decked out and that thing use to fly.
I admit I use to race in it and today I think back on it even though it hasn't been that long ago,
I would never dream of doing the things I use to do in it..Currently have an is250 and I just
feel such a sudden need to drive safely..as the moderator said..SEAT BELTS ALWAYS!!!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

People who use sensationalist and misleading thread titles to create interest should really think deeply about what they are focusing on and hence creating for themselves!

People who nit pick obviously fictitious points on the internet would probably find better use of their time by seeking medical attention for stick removal from anus.

Medicines pretty advanced, I am almost positive there should be a cure by now.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is freakin racism. Flat out. You know... I always knew deep inside that you were one of those people. People who hold prejudices against racing. You can always tell a racist... tsk tsk tsk. I bet you'd just lose it if your daughter married a race car driver no matter how in love they were. So when the next klan meeting mrs racist? You and your friends from the KKK (Kars Kill Kids) gonna burn an upright wooden chassis in a racers yard? I've got half a mind to report you to N double A S C A R (NAASCAR) just to make your life a living hell. They'll protest in front of your house in their hotrods revving up their engines loudly until they "drive" you right outta town. OK I can't think of anymore corny jokes so I'm done.

Thank you for sharing. This is all about youthful testosterone fueled risk taking and I've seen it get ridiculous to the point my friend was so addicted to it, he'd rev up his engine at the stop light hoping the person next to him would race natter who it was. I've seen him do it to beat up old pick up trucks, all the way up to cars there's no way in hell he could beat in his moderately "suped up" Honda Civic even if it was stock and hadn't been maintenanced in a year, like an I-Roc or a Corvette, just so he can say he's raced a 'vette before. I even beat him once in my 21 foot long '72 Cadillac El Dorado with a 401 under the hood and two tattered and faded American flags on the antennas like a presidents car, and this was in 98 and his car was a 97. I wasn't into racing but he made me do it I swear. It was the only time i ever raced. Not counting Mario Kart 64 on the super nintendo and Gran Turismo on the Playstation.

The thing is, I live right next to Kent, and I know these kids are gonna race. But it's too damn expensive to do it "the right way" on the race tracks. Maybe they should set up a different kind of track with less requirements but still much much safer and have them required to have a racing seat with a 5 point harness. Pay a small fee to cover maintenance and have a supervisor and an armed security guard to check and make sure they have the harness and to quell violence or at least have police called at the first sign of violence.

I don't know... I was just reading this article earlier about preventing herein deaths by actually providing the materials for free to do herein like clean needles, alcohol wipes, and some special drug you can give someone if they overdose. In Vancouver BC they actually have this big old clinic the size of a high school gym where they bring their dope in there and the nurses actually help them find a vein to inject and let them shoot up right there under the supervision of medical pros and they have that special O.D. drug there too. It's been open years now and while they have an average of 2 overdoses EVERY DAY, there has not been a single death since they opened their doors. Death and spread of disease has decreased. I was wondering if there was a way to do something similar for those who have a "need for speed". Probly a stupid idea. But the concept could be a starting off point for a better idea.

Oh and Rocker2013, you sound like your just mad because you didn't get to come in here and feel all self righteous and unload your pent up rage on someone. So you had to settle for a lesser release regarding the misleading title. Not quite as satisfying as racism, but maybe you'll hit the jackpot next time buddy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join