It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing WakeUpBeer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Greetings ATS! I remember when you came into existence. Back in the good old days of Coast to Coast AM. To this day "The Chase" and "Inca Dance" bring back floods of memories and interesting concepts to mind. I have always been a curious person and intrigued by the paranormal and Fortean topics. I'm from the great state of Oregon, and as such, one of the most fascinating topics growing up was Bigfoot. One night when I was probably somewhere between twelve and fourteen I discovered Art Bell on the radio, talking about Bigfoot. I can't remember the specific broadcast but I am fairly certain that this was before Bugs. If the alleged sounds of Sasquatch didn't make the hair on the back of my neck stand to attention, the tales of alien abductions certainly did. The Kelly–Hopkinsville case definitely encouraged me to sleep with the lights on when I heard about it. Then came the Apollo Moon Hoax show broadcast on Fox TV. I was really into that theory for a long time. Of course I can't leave out ghost stories, or shadow people! I have witnessed a shadow person on multiple occasions. I told my story in another thread if interested. Needless to say C2C has had a lot of interesting subjects presented over the years and I don't need to make a list of them here. In more recent years I have stopped listening, for various reasons. I don't feel there is much credibility in their presentation anymore (*cough* ancient aliens *cough*). I was pretty naive on any global agendas until about four or five years ago when I listened to Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time: Mystery Babylon". The feeling I had after hearing all of that was one of hopelessness. I felt like a hamster in a cage, and still do in ways. The shock of realization has since worn off though. Now the shock comes from all the stupid people who talk crap, believe wholeheartedly obviously bad conspiracy theories with no room for discussion, and talk about everything but actual issues, in any subject they are trying to bring "truth" to. You know the type I'm talking about. Their favorite accusation is "shill!!!". These days I dig Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis. And hey, he broadcasts near me, from Portland!

Well I guess that's a summary of how I got into the types of subjects talked about here at ATS. I guess if you want to know other things you'll have to ask.
edit on 15-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Welcome to ATS.
You can check out at anytime but you can never leave.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
ummm wake up beer, you should patent it you may get rich

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Welcome to you! Good intro..
Hope you enjoy your stay. And I'm about to check out ya story...

Have fun.
-nat
edit on 15-5-2014 by natalia because: Meh

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS...here's some welcome cookies...enjoy...

Nice intro...looking forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here. Definitely appreciate hardcore trolls don't last here.

Thanks for the beer and cookies.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Greetings, WakeUpBear!! Welcome to ATS

top topics

join