It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a beautiful woman, its fake of course ... no really she is fake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Isn't she stunning, wouldn't you love to date her?

The only problem is she is not real, she is just a pencil drawing by Paul Cadden. Only thing i can say is wow and why you like to make me question my reality?

For someone like me that know nothing about art, this is called Hyperrealism, what talented people this are, CGI looks so fake next to them.

Here are some other artist of the genera

27 Stunning Works Of Art You Won’t Believe Aren’t Photographs

I have no words to express this, are our brain changing so fast, or someone as da Vinci just lacked the tools to do something like this?

edit on 15-5-2014 by Indigent because: hopping i dont find more mistakes after 4 hours...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Is this for real? Are we for sure that these aren't photographs?
If that's true ... then all I can say is ... WOW! Amazing!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

She is pretty real, errrr fake i mean, there are videos and pictures of things like the 3 examples i put there being made

Surely they don't make them up from their minds and copy pictures but still

edit on 15-5-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Surely they don't make them up from their minds and copy pictures but still

Not necessarily. I knew someone that could draw images that he claimed were permanent images in his mind. He could see them and look at them from any angle.

He was a really good artist but never carried it that far. it wasn't that important to him. What a skill though. I think that this guy studies photos and then replicates aspects of them into his work. Like the drops of water on her skin. Da Vinci didn't have a camera but back then it was considered by some to be blasphemous to replicate "Gods creations too perfectly". Had to do with "idols" and all.

They had their stigmas, too.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Too bad for so long we have limit our self for some foolish reasons. Who knows how much talents have been lost for not living in the right time
edit on 15-5-2014 by Indigent because: and s here and there..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Those pictures would fool anyone. I did get a nasty shock when I watched the Japanese robots that looked so human it was unreal.

I get a slight uneasiness with this because it just pricks my intuition that one day it could be irrelevant whether we have bodies or not and I like mine and the sensations it enjoys. Imagine being so physically beautiful but not real the world would become sterile and less polluted perhaps but, will the day come when all we project is that kind of reality from our brains only in the distant future?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
S&F!

Such pictures make me wonder about the Nasa pictures of the Moon ...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

They are amazing! The first time I saw some of the paintings /drawings in the article I had to look twice and three times as I could not believe they were not photographs.

I admire their skills but mainly their patients....

This is by Chuck Close, cause he's not mentioned in the article; he's done drawings of different famous people, including Brad Pitt.......and he is just wow! No words can describe his talent.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

They sure love to paint wrinkled people

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

that Lou Reed??

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboyandhisdream

that Lou Reed??

Yes, I think that's Lou Reed..........the Brad Pitt one is amazing.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Wow that is amazing... all of it really. I am blown away

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
someone as da Vinci just lacked the tools to do something like this?

i have seen photo-realistic paintings done with the same tools he used.

he was great for his day. the culture at the time appreciated that movement in the arts and we today look to him as an important piece of history because of it.
but in comparison to today's artist. he sucks

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bisman

Today artist have photos to see things like the water drops in the woman face, da vinci had to remember things like that to replicate it.

When someone invent a new technique everyone knows how to do it, but someone needs to make it first, I dont know if they are better now or just with more knowledge

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That is some great work. A lot of time, skill, and patience went into it. I am not being boastful, or bragging, but, I can do it, too. I love losing myself in a painting, but i find no gratification in slavishly copying a photograph. My question, as a critic, is why not just use a camera?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

edit on 15-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: double posted for some reason

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Great work. But not art. It is a very skilled pencil pusher, I agree. I couldn't do it.

But it isn't art.
Art has a message. Something to make you think. Some sort of magic that draws you to it.

The girl in first photo?
Look at her teeth and the reflection/water there. Ruins it for me. Doesn't look like water. More like some sort of goo as used in japanese sex films. Not that I have seen one.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Wowsers! These artists are some extremely talented folks!

Love love love the third one down, oil on canvas, it looks wet and blurry and just as "real" a photograph would.

If I walked right by these two lovebirds, at first glance I'd never realize they're in fact just sculptures!

My brain is confused. Lol.

edit on 15-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just recently, maybe 4-5 months ago, there was that 15 year old girl who won some art competition for the 3rd year running. She did a similar picture or an old/middle-aged man. Cannot remember where I found the news article but it can probably be found on Google. Her work was amazing for a young girl without years of art experience.

OK, she was 16.

Here
and here
edit on 15 May 2014 by qmantoo because: links

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I have to admit, those sculptures make me think of the security guys or night workers wherever they're located, having to be around them. Just..weird.. I've never liked hyper-realism in some things, and they say there is even a threshold in video gaming that people start to react badly to, if crossed. It's not that they can't be more real sometimes, but that some conventional thinking is, it isn't a helpful thing.

I DO have to really admire the skill of forming the images in the digital forms as well as the outright gifted talent behind people who do it without aid of anything digital. Just totally amazing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join