It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellas Basin on Mars: The Obelisk and other squared anomalies!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This anomaly that stands out from the perfectly squared heights of Hellas Basin could be one of the most important Martian anomalies that I have discovered till now. This obelisk, about ten feet high and inside a circular enclosure, cast its own shadow and adding strangeness above strangeness ... There are two important questions that Planetary Geologists must explain: HOW has formed this geological anomaly or (worse) WHO built it?

Compare with Caral in Peru...

This particular area of the Hellas Basin holds many anomalies with its incredible topography that appear absolutely NOT NATURAL.
Many of us know the geological wonders of the Giants Causeway here on Earth, of few dozens of meters in diameter, like this

but these basalt formations are extremely insignificant compared to those found Hellas Basin.
The "little portion" of the whole, imaged from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter covers an area of 15 kilometers for 5 kilometers, with the sane incredible pattern.
Here a "little strip" of more than 1500 meters wide in length...

And here a cropped detail of 150 meters wide of the same area...

That appear to be... Structures... Like these...

edit on 15-5-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken
I don't suppose you have a link to the original image do you? I don't mean the Google Mars version, I mean the original.
Can you tell us what direction the sunlight is coming from?

Are you sure you have the correct perspective?
edit on 5/15/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Can you tell us what direction the sunlight is coming from?

South-East.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Are you sure?
If you could provide the original image that information would be available.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Are you sure?
If you could provide the original image that information would be available.

You can see and check the original image directly on Google Mars.
Here step by step: Open Google Mars, type "falls in Hellas Basin" and rotate on SE.
Simply and clear.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Are you sure?

Yes.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
No. That's not the original image.
That's the Google version. Unless you think that Google has a satellite orbiting Mars?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I see windows in the houses you showed, I see no windows in the rocks you have pictured. In what way do they resemble each other? At least some of your threads are amusing cases of pareidolia, this one is just head scratching.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
For comparison

It could be, too bad martian were so bad picking places and always build in highly irregular places, it could also be something flat that looks like an obelisk with a shadow.

The other picks are pretty, like a huge layered mineral, would it not be so cool to be a huge mineral like nothing here on earth
. I guess more people find it cooler if it was a martian slump instead of a huge mineral

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. That's not the original image.

That's the Google version. Unless you think that Google has a satellite orbiting Mars?

Pretty sure nowadays it's actual robots with boots on the ground there.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Where is it in the Hellas Basin? Which is a very large area, I can't find it. "Falls in Hellas Basin" didn't help, either.

I am looking here for it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

No. That's not the original image. That's the Google version. Unless you think that Google has a satellite orbiting Mars?

Phage, Phage Phage... You try to ridicule as usual eh?
From where do you think, in all your knowledge, that Google Mars take these images?
You still need to do a little effort and open the original image on Google Mars...
....click, click, click, click....

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Where is it in the Hellas Basin? Which is a very large area, I can't find it. "Falls in Hellas Basin" didn't help, either.

I am looking here for it.

Here you go:
Observation ID: PSP_008427_1380
Image of: Hellas Planitia region
Acquired on: May 14, 2008

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

So someone asks you for the source and you tell them to find it themselves? Isn't that your job as OP?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Solar incidence angle: 81º, with the Sun about 9º above the horizon

So, the sunlight is coming from very low angle, meaning the shadow of an "obelisk" should be very, very long.

Frost is condensing, and shows up as bright blue patches in this false color image. This is seasonal carbon dioxide frost. Closer to the pole, carbon dioxide condenses from the atmosphere and forms a seasonal polar cap. At this latitude we do not expect a thick layer to form but rather the frost collects in cold protected areas on poleward-facing slopes.

www.uahirise.org...

Frost. Not structures. Also, it looks to me like the sunlight is coming from the NW. Since the image is in the southern hemisphere, it's pretty hard to understand how the sunlight could be coming from the southeast. That's not really the way it works. In the southern hemisphere, the Sun is in the northwest in the afternoon.

edit on 5/15/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Here other cropped images from the same area.

The Martian "Machu Pichu"

And "Favelas" in Hellas Basin

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Man I hate posts like this. After a while of looking your mind is gonna make you see what you want to see, I just see natural formations.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Man I hate posts like this.

You must do it. It is your duty after all.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Many of us know the geological wonders of the Giants Causeway here on Earth, of few dozens of meters in diameter, like this ...

but these basalt formations are extremely insignificant compared to those found Hellas Basin.
The "little portion" of the whole, imaged from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter covers an area of 15 kilometers for 5 kilometers, with the sane incredible pattern.
Here a "little strip" of more than 1500 meters wide in length...

..Ok talking about rocks. Good so far.

And here a cropped detail of 150 meters wide of the same area...

Ok, you are still talking about rocks, all good and correct.

Then you show houses on Earth.

Are you saying these rocks just appear (resemble) those houses on the hillside on Earth, or that suddenly what you have been referring to as rocks are now houses on Mars?

In addition, IMO, your "obelisk" isn't an obelisk. It is a (non-upright) feature.

Why are Earthly examples you use natural rock formations, but on Mars, they become "Machu Picchu", or a Martian metropolis, or monuments??
edit on 5/15/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Could it be geological processes on Mars just like Earth but on a grander scale?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join