It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to annihilate US economy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Oil markets are oversupplied by some two million barrels (bpd) per day and OPEC should cut supply to official quota levels, Iran's OPEC governor Hossein Kazempour Ardebili told Reuters Monday.

"I would say we in OPEC have to go back to our quota first, because the market has two million bpd oversupply," Kazempour told Reuters in a written response to questions.

OPEC next meets in Cairo on Dec. 10 to set policy for the first quarter of 2005. The 10 members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries bound by quotas pumped 27.89 million barrels per day in October, 890,000 barrels above new official limits that came into force on Nov. 1, a Reuters survey found.

money.cnn.com...

Never saw the branch you're sitting on, as the saying goes

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
intresting hit the US were it hurts
( nice thinking by Iran )

dont the US have their own oil reserves
because i was reading how they only use a fraction of it?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That's a pretty dumb move with oil as high as it is right now.
They shouldn't drop supply until prices begin to drop.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
That's a pretty dumb move with oil as high as it is right now.
They shouldn't drop supply until prices begin to drop.

not so dumb if you look at it from Irans point of view
oil is america's blood without that its in deep doo doo

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

not so dumb if you look at it from Irans point of view
oil is america's blood without that its in deep doo doo

Right. To expand upon that, it's also rather clever, as it could potentially "throw a wrench" into any U.S. plans to start a conflict with Iran.

Just about every action a modern military takes has oil at its backbone. Just part of being mechanized and modern.

Could be a very smart move, or could be the catalyst for the U.S.'s wrath. Maybe we'll see.

X

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
They can go ahead and kill our economy as far as I care. Makes no difference to me. I'm all set

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Oil markets are oversupplied by some two million barrels (bpd) per day and OPEC should cut supply to official quota levels, Iran's OPEC governor Hossein Kazempour Ardebili told Reuters Monday.

Since this didn't work during the pan arab oil embargo, why would it work now? Especially with Iraqi oil in production?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Isn't it true that Europe And China will be hurt more by lower oilsupplie from Iran, I believe america wasn't very eager to buy Iraninian oil since Khomeiny ?

Maybe this is a message to Europe to not push too hard the IEAE agenda on freezing their nuclear program?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is how I see it, if all the Islamic countries that have oil unite against US policies in the middle east, US will be in a tie spot because we may be the biggest users of oil, but now they can dump US and take advantage of the oil hungry country that China is to become in the future.

Sadam was trying to keep his oil from the US oil base companies, but he forgot about how powerful the hatred of Mr. Bush juniorwas and how hungry his bodies in the energy and oil business are.

Iran in the other hand still have one more move when it comes with his most valuable resource and is going to use it.

Iran knows that as now US is to busy in Iraq to do anything so they are playing their cards very carefuly.

Then we have the Iraqi oil but everytime they tried to keep it going something happends it gets blown up.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks Iran, you just gave the US another reason to take your terrorist "clerics" out. To really kill terrorisim take out their money supply (OIL). ALL Muslim nations will oil should be cleaned out. That or nuke'm then Texas oil will be worth $1000 per barrel. Yeah!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This was covered last week. Iran isn't even in the top 10 suppliers of US oil.

www.gravmag.com...

So tell me exactly how this will hurt the US. Even Iraq only supplies 4% of our imported oil.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think Iran has been treated very unfairly. Iran pretty much has been screwed over many times. So whatever they do, I really cannot complain against. America would do the exact same thing if they'd been screwed over by the rest of the world.

To me, the biggest question regarding oil is, how much oil can the U.S. get out of Iraq at this point? The U.S. gonna need lots of fuel if they wanna fight Iran.

I really think Iran has bent too much. One thing is clear, they can, have, and will defy the U.S. So if the American government wants any peace, they better learn to let things be.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You just named the reason that the EU will never back a US war with Iran. Except maybe UK.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Thanks Iran, you just gave the US another reason to take your terrorist "clerics" out.

Starting a war because the price of oil is to high is morally reprehensible and disgusting. Even if Iran was going to bother to go thru with this pointless exercise, that would not be a valid reason to go to war with it. How can you even possibly suggest that its alright to destroy an entire country merely because they are artificially raising the price of a commodity, one that people in the US are gobbling up without even thinking about, and one for which there are numerous alternatives? There are dozens of global commodities that have their prices raised artificially that are used and consumed in the US, why single out oil? Besides which, its available from lots of other countries.

To really kill terrorisim take out their money supply (OIL).

Then stop driving an oil fuel car.

ALL Muslim nations will oil should be cleaned out. That or nuke'm then Texas oil will be worth $1000 per barrel. Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Nygdan,

He was obviously being sarcastic. Anyone can spot that kinda sarcasm a mile away.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I tell you what,

Before things get out of hand with Iran US will attack that country, that is my prediction, US will never allowed Iran to become to daring, and even if it screws US it will do it.

Remember US look for long term profits not quick fixes. So our generation will suffer in order for the next to profit, or may I said the ones that hold the power.

link   
Oil is the blood of every country, and well, even Iran's, since they are depending on their selling. If they did manage to hit our economy hard enough to make it go down, what would happen to every other country? Including them? I ain't saying that they might not be trying to do this, but, well, it does seem like destroying the american economy would be a deathnail to many others....and, in the long run, it would have to hurt them too, maybe worse than us, since if it does go up too high, well, we will drill in alaska, there probably wouldn't be any griping about it if the price at the gas pump got high enough....

Stupid move on their part, I think.

link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I think Iran has been treated very unfairly. Iran pretty much has been screwed over many times. So whatever they do, I really cannot complain against. America would do the exact same thing if they'd been screwed over by the rest of the world.

To me, the biggest question regarding oil is, how much oil can the U.S. get out of Iraq at this point? The U.S. gonna need lots of fuel if they wanna fight Iran.

I really think Iran has bent too much. One thing is clear, they can, have, and will defy the U.S. So if the American government wants any peace, they better learn to let things be.

Iran is EVIL. They must go down soon.............................................

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Thanks Iran, you just gave the US another reason to take your terrorist "clerics" out. To really kill terrorisim take out their money supply (OIL). ALL Muslim nations will oil should be cleaned out. That or nuke'm then Texas oil will be worth $1000 per barrel. Yeah!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is 'wow'. You scare me more than words could describe. I really, really hope the above is just very bad satire, but something tells me it is not.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
the only evil of Iran is to go against US wishes, that is the only evil it has done, and that they have oil and in good quantities but they are not chritians followers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join