It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: The White House Is Misleading The American People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner: White House Asked Me to Mislead Public

In his recently released book, former Secretary of the U.S. Treasury Timothy Geithner says the White House asked him to mislead the American People.

Can We The People trust what the current White House tells us anymore? Scandals such as the on-going Benghazi cover-up and the IRS targeting of Conservative groups have raised many questions as to whether this White House is being straightforward and forthright with the American People…and now this most recent revelation.

Additional News Report and Video Link here: video.foxnews.com...=show-clips
]
edit on 14-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

LOL... but you cited Faux News. You get how ironic this is right?

Why don't you find a political entity or profit machine not actively trying to convince you to act counter to your self interest?

That would be news.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
According to Mitt Romney's former adviser Geithner is lying in part of the book when he is talking about Romney. So if this part is false then who is to say all of it isn't false? Besides he is a former Federal Reserve president and we all know how trustworthy those people are.

Mitt Romney adviser: Tim Geithner’s lying

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geitner: White House Asked Me to Mislead Public

In his recently released book, former Secretary of the U.S. Treasury Timothy Geitner says the White House asked him to mislead the American People.

Can We The People trust what the current White House tells us anymore? Scandals such as the on-going Benghazi cover-up and the IRS targeting of Conservative groups have raised many questions as to whether this White House is being straightforward to the American People…and now this most recent revelation.

Wow if this is true, just wow...

Additional News Report and Video Link here: video.foxnews.com...=show-clips

+7 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

LOL... but you cited Faux News. You get how ironic this is right?

Why don't you find a political entity or profit machine not actively trying to convince you to act counter to your self interest?

That would be news.

If you want to try and discredit Fox News, then perhaps we should ask the question as to why CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC are Not reporting this story, and seemingly continuing to cover-up and protect exposure of this story, among other stories as well, for either this President or this White House? Perhaps an elevator fight between Jay-Z and his sister-in-law is more important?
Fox News reporting the facts, although inconvenient for some, is not the issue. The fact that Mr. Geithner himself indicated that certain individuals in the White House asked him to mislead the American people, is the issue.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bad obama! bad!

there happy?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Bad obama! bad!

there happy?

I'm not 100% certain President Obama is to blame..., although he is ultimately responsible for what his staffers do, and not do while in the White House.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
According to Mitt Romney's former adviser Geithner is lying in part of the book when he is talking about Romney. So if this part is false then who is to say all of it isn't false? Besides he is a former Federal Reserve president and we all know how trustworthy those people are.

So you are citing a denial by a Romney adviser to make Geithner appear to be untrustworthy?

I would cite his failure to pay taxes instead. He called them tax 'mistakes'.

link   
So let's see ... I did something like this in a freshman philosophy class ...

So either, Geithner was complicit, lied to the American people, which makes him dishonest and untrustworthy, or

He's lying now for the sake of promoting his book, which makes him dishonest and untrustworthy, ...

link   

Bad obama! bad!

there happy?

LOL Seems no one remembers how the White House misled the public in previous administrations (that led to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan). I'm definitely not saying it's right. Ninety-nine percent of politicians are filthy liars, IMO, but when THIS White House does it, it's like it's a new thing. LOL

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Bad obama! bad!

there happy?

LOL Seems no one remembers how the White House misled the public in previous administrations (that led to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan). I'm definitely not saying it's right. Ninety-nine percent of politicians are filthy liars, IMO, but when THIS White House does it, it's like it's a new thing. LOL

Even so, is this the "Hope and Change", or the "Change We Can Believe In", or "The Transformation of America" ?...that so many bought into - hook, line and sinker no doubt.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

exactly
and thats why i dont trust the media

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Orrrrrr.....we get upset EVERY time the White House misleads the Public.

ever consider that option? or does it not mesh with your world view?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Fox News reporting the facts, although inconvenient for some, is not the issue. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, but Fox News reporting the facts IS the issue...and they DON'T.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Fox News reporting the facts, although inconvenient for some, is not the issue. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here I dislike Fox as much as the next guy but your post could be applied to almost every media outlet in the world, you have to take all the half truths they say and try and make sense of what is going on.

+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Then by all means , if this story by FOX is false, please provide some proof that it is...

I love ATS, people talk about denying igorance...........but then totally discredit a story outright because it doesnt come from a news source they like, without even doing research on it......

Anyone else see the Irony there?

I dont like CNN or MSNBC but if a story comes up im still going to research it to see if its valid.....

Thats called being objective, maybe some of you should try that.......

Deny Ignorance, includes being willfully ignorant.......

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS ALERT! BREAKING NEWS ALERT! BREAKING NEWS ALERT!

That means pay attention, you're about to get your daily dose of GOP propaganda which you can dutifully run to the Internet to spread.

How is this news? White House press people coordinating with cabinet members about their statements? When DIDN'T this happen? Is it right? No. Is it politics? Yes.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT! BREAKING NEWS ALERT! BREAKING NEWS ALERT!

You're all being mislead about the "'Benghazi SCANDAL" and now we're on to waste of time investigative committee #8. Fox News: Don't listen to the left's lies, our lies are better! (and more alarming!)

EDIT:

There's nothing worse than politicians accusing other politicians of playing politics. Strangely, Geithner was going to be the nominee regardless of who the President was, that should tell you something.

Two seasoned economic professionals who might be tapped for the post regardless of who wins: Timothy F. Geithner, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Sheila Bair, head of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.

Both, along with Paulson and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, have played major roles in putting together the government's series of bold steps to restore financial order in a world coming unglued.

Geithner is a registered independent and Bair is a Republican. Also mentioned as a possible contender: JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon.

source
edit on 2014-5-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

FYI, I do look at both sides. I also have a habit of looking at 'reviews' about websites, and how skewed they are.

But thanks for the reminder.
I spent hours investigating "Fox News", and many other hard right-wing sources, and there are some that are simply to be dismissed and ignored EXCEPT to compare and contrast them to other sources.

I have tried it. Denying willful ignorance is my method.
I read it? Then I fact check it with as many sources as I can find to get to a balance.
FOX "News" merits no respect, in my opinion.
I won't bother to repeat the other sources I immediately dismiss, but suffice it to say there are sources that even ATS has banned from the boards. Anyone who quotes FOX News, the Daily Mail, prisonplanet/infowars, Glenn Beck, Lee Strobel, Rush Limbaugh, or on the other hand the Huffington Post or MSNBC or any clearly propagandist site is, in my opinion, falling for BS.

Have a great day!!

edit on 5/14/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Amazing isn't it?

The White House has been misleading the American People my entire lifetime.

This falls under the captain obvious department.

I do find humor in Fox News using this little tidbit to stir up the usual anti-Obama rhetoric.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If you like your insurance you can keep it. Healthcare costs for a family will drop $2500.00. The U.S. embassy was attacked because of a Youtube video. How is the gov. misleading the people breaking news?
edit on 14-5-2014 by abe froman because: Oliver North and Reagan were better liars than Obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join