It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've lost all respect for the term Racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Krazysh0t
You have "never" seen this? Or maybe, you just don't notice it? You are kind of proving my point.

No never. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

English is NOT America's "native" language. The fact that you think this is a fact, just further proves that you don't even realize what your own opinions say about you.

It IS America's native language, it is what the majority of America speaks. You cannot enter a state of the union and NOT find the majority of the state speaking that language. Just because a plethora of other languages are spoken here, doesn't give them credence to be America's native language. English is the most popular language.

I'm getting tired of the insinuations about my character that you are making it is getting tiring and unwarranted and like I said is the same reason I made this thread. I notice that you say I am wrong here but instead of correcting me or pointing me to (what you think is) the correct answer, you shoot back an underhanded snipe suggesting I'm racist. Again.

And now we get to your true feelings:

What's wrong with stereotypes?
hey look at that, AA results in racism against white people
It's just a word.
Also if they want to use it, then they are just going to have to get right with other races using it too.
What's wrong with disliking someone for any reason?
Some white kid says a dirty joke about black people to his friends. Who is he hurting?

Like I said, most racists don't even realize they are racists.

No rebuttals? Just more accusations of racism. All fluff and no substance you are.

In fact I have not called you a racists. I equated your argument to the same as Donald Sterlings arguments...trying to deflect and ignore the problem, which is racism, and saying that the REAL problem are people calling out racism.

You have implied heavily that I am a racist and even partially admitted to it. Don't backpedal now. The cats out of the bag, you have to own up to your words and what they mean. By the way you are mixing up participles. I SAID that people calling other people as racist is A real problem not THE real problem. That's called a straw man argument you just made there. Nice try, but I don't fall for those.

I do think you have some racists opinions...and I don't think you even realize it. You think it is fine to call black people the "N" word because they do, you think stereotypes are fine, you think racists jokes are funny and don't hurt anyone, you think affirmative action is not needed, you think that whites are discriminated against in this country.

So? We are all human. Are you going to deny that you don't have racist thoughts against white people? You clearly do since you seem to think that whites aren't discriminated against in this country.

You may say you aren't racists...but the vibe you are putting out there is definitely contrary to that.

The vibe you are putting out is that you don't know how to argue with people.

What you want is for people to ignore the problem. Ignoring the problem is never a solution...the only people who benefit from the problem being ignored are those causing the problem...so why do you really want the problem of racism to be ignored?

No, what I want is for people to stop labeling each other and letting these umbrella labels define other people wholly. I find it highly insulting that you know NOTHING about me except what you've seen in this thread, you are a new poster so you haven't seen me posting around these forums, you don't know me in real life, you don't even know if I'm a white person, yet you have made all these assumptions about me because I am just trying to bring up a (yes A not THE) real issue.

From the OP:

Of course this doesn't mean that we can't ALWAYS ignore racism. If it exists, then call it out. That's fine, but think about your actions before doing them. Can the person you are talking to just be disagreeing with your points instead of some imaginary difference between the two of you? Why not try the benefit of the doubt first? I understand that racism exists, there are some very real and hateful people out there, but to pretend like EVERY person who isn't of your race/sex/religion/etc is out to get you is disingenuous, not to mention is racist in of itself. You are becoming that which you are accusing your opponent of.

The point of this thread went COMPLETELY over your head and for that I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it. Your bias is clouding your vision and writing assumptions about me that are flimsy so you can craft more attacks against me to trivialize my points. So when I say that this thread was written with people like you in mind, I mean it.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Mutual respect for one another would be a good start, there are many times I want to speak up on the forum but don't because I have affection for the poster, so I don't call them out on the issue, many times I have wanted to start topics, but thought better not to because I didn't want to offend certain segments of the forum family.

Why knowing there are Christians on the forum would you want to purposely insult them continually?

Unless you had an agenda.

Some people I have learned to ignore because their post cut like a knife, and put me in a bad mood, because I know I don't want to argue with them, no one ever wins.

Why do I want to be around all this negative energy everyday?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We should trade avatars and user ID's for a day (I know, it's not allowed)

But it definitely would put a different perspective on things.

lolz

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Mutual respect for one another would be a good start, there are many times I want to speak up on the forum but don't because I have affection for the poster, so I don't call them out on the issue, many times I have wanted to start topics, but thought better not to because I didn't want to offend certain segments of the forum family.

Why knowing there are Christians on the forum would you want to purposely insult them continually?

Some people I have learned to ignore because their post cut like a knife, and put me in a bad mood, because I know I don't want to argue with them, no one ever wins.

Because of those tiny nuggets of good. One small good makes the accumulation of bad not so heavy.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It IS America's native language, it is what the majority of America speaks.

I'm not sure you know what "native" means.

English is NOT America's native language...English is England's native language...Spanish is Spain's native language...Italian is Italy's native language.

The United States of America (not "America") had many native languages, the culture never developed to the point where a common native language surfaced. But English is definitely NOT our native language.

You can call it the dominant language or the most popular language, but it is not the native language.

So? We are all human. Are you going to deny that you don't have racist thoughts against white people? You clearly do since you seem to think that whites aren't discriminated against in this country.

Well...I'm white...so no I don't.

It may surprise you, but not all humans are racists. You just 100% proved my point. You are admitting that you have racists views...and you don't even think it is abnormal...you think all humans are the same way. This is my point...most racists don't even realize they are racists. In your case, you view it as a normal part of being human...it is not...that is just a justification for views and opinions you hold that you KNOW are not in line with societal norms.

I would wager you are over the age of 30, most likely closer to or older than 40. If true, it explains a lot...you grew up in a time where your parents still thought racism was natural...just like you do. Times have changed, society has changed...people are no longer afraid to call others out on their racists views. I get that you don't like that, most people don't like being called out on their views that don't line up with society.

I do think you have racist views, you have admitted you have racists views. That doesn't mean I hate you...it doesn't mean I think you are evil...it just means that your views and opinions are not as advanced as our current society.

But don't think that the problem is other people for having the courage now to call out racism when they see it...that is the only way we will completely be rid of it. Being silent is the way for it to continue. And no racist view is too small to call out if we truly want to rid society of it. Eventually time and age will do the hard work, old racists will die and their children will align more with society than with their outdated ways of thinking.

You haven't lost respect for the word "racist", I suspect you never had respect for it in the first place, you just seem upset that people are finally calling out any form of racism. I think you liked it better when only the men in white hoods who lynched blacks were called racists...not the little old lady who used to like blacks when she was younger, because back then they knew their place...and definitely not the person who thinks racist jokes are funny and that they should be able to call blacks the "N" word because they do. That is what this thread is about.

edit on 14-5-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

I have straight up been called a racist on this forum by members.

I see you joined in 2013, how long have you been reading?

You must have missed a lot.

I actually joined in 2010 but I hadn't logged in for a while and I forgot my password and the email address I used so I ended up creating a new account — but what does that have to do with anything? You're dismissing me because of join date? Jeez. How's that better than somebody dismissing you as a racist?

Krazy if the same things that are said about Christians on ATS, were said about African Americans we would get closed down.

Shut down by who? There are plenty of racist forums on the Internet.. hell, 9 Stormfront users have been responsible for a combined 100 murders that are public knowledge and nobody has taken that cesspool down. That's the type of unreasonable statement that is indicative of people who "pull the victim card."

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
How can you tell the difference between someone with a legitimate criticism and a person using a topic to promote their own personal bias?

When multimillionaire spike lee prattles on about "plantation mentality" and compares millionaire ball dribblers to slaves, while real slavery is ongoing in Africa and is all over the headlines, what would you call it?

His continual comparison to slavery only serves to diminish and make light of what the nigerian girls are going through now and all the real brutal horrors of slavery in the past.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It IS America's native language, it is what the majority of America speaks.

I'm not sure you know what "native" means.

English is NOT America's native language...English is England's native language...Spanish is Spain's native language...Italian is Italy's native language.

The United States of America (not "America") had many native languages, the culture never developed to the point where a common native language surfaced. But English is definitely NOT our native language.

You can call it the dominant language or the most popular language, but it is not the native language.

I know what native means. I don't need a grammar lesson. But if you REALLY want to split straws on verbage, then fine it's the most popular language. Whatever. Like I said, this was a non-issue to me.

Well...I'm white...so no I don't.

Congratulations, I don't care. I'm not going to tell you my skin color because it is irrelevant.

It may surprise you, but not all humans are racists. You just 100% proved my point. You are admitting that you have racists views...and you don't even think it is abnormal...you think all humans are the same way. This is my point...most racists don't even realize they are racists. In your case, you view it as a normal part of being human...it is not...that is just a justification for views and opinions you hold that you KNOW are not in line with societal norms.

Yes yes... I'm totally a racist and I don't know it. You definitely walked me into a word trap and got me to admit to my latent racism. *rolls eyes*

Listen up here buddy, racism isn't black and white. You are viewing racism as a black and white thing. You either are or you aren't racist. This is absurd since nothing else works that way. Dualism is wrong, reality is completely subjective, that includes even racism. It is possible to harbor some racist thoughts and not be full blown racist. It is part of being human. If you knew me (well at all), you'd know that I am one of the most compassionate and nice people you could meet, blunt yes, but I would never do anything to hurt someone else. You need to drop the dualistic view of racism that you have adopted. It isn't reality. Having stereotypical thoughts doesn't make you racist, it is just observing some like tendencies of a different group of people. I happen to ALSO laugh at stereotype jokes made at my own expense as well. Seriously you have a lot to learn about the world and hate. You really don't know what real racism is.

I would wager you are over the age of 30, most likely closer to or older than 40. If true, it explains a lot...you grew up in a time where your parents still thought racism was natural...just like you do. Times have changed, society has changed...people are no longer afraid to call others out on their racists views. I get that you don't like that, most people don't like being called out on their views that don't line up with society.

And you would lose that bet. I'm 29. See there you go again with the dumb assumptions. You really need to stop doing that, you are making yourself look foolish and uneducated.

I do think you have racist views, you have admitted you have racists views. That doesn't mean I hate you...it doesn't mean I think you are evil...it just means that your views and opinions are not as advanced as our current society.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! You know not what you speak.

But don't think that the problem is other people for having the courage now to call out racism when they see it...that is the only way we will completely be rid of it. Being silent is the way for it to continue. And no racist view is too small to call out if we truly want to rid society of it. Eventually time and age will do the hard work, old racists will die and their children will align more with society than with their outdated ways of thinking.

That would work out if people weren't so wrapped up in maintaining racial divisions by constantly singling out race. How about you explain why it is necessary for an application to include someone's race if that isn't supposed to be taken into consideration when hiring someone. Why is it racist to object to things like Obamacare? Why is a game where a bunch of black people go and jump white people called a "game" yet a bunch of white people going and beating up a black person is a hate crime? Seriously buddy, you have a LOT to learn about the world at large before you speak to me about your idealistic view of racism and race.

You haven't lost respect for the word "racist", I suspect you never had respect for it in the first place, you just seem upset that people are finally calling out any form of racism. I think you liked it better when only the men in white hoods who lynched blacks were called racists...not the little old lady who used to like blacks when she was younger, because back then they knew their place...and definitely not the person who thinks racist jokes are funny and that they should be able to call blacks the "N" word because they do. That is what this thread is about.

Hyperbole and assumption. Seriously is this all you have to argue with? Making assumptions about me? This is getting old. Well here, it's time for me to assume back. You are clearly young, I'm going to guess by the age comment earlier in the thread that you are probably even younger than I, say early twenties, late teens. You are probably in college and inundated with college liberalism and idealism. That is all great and stuff, but the real world works differently than that. You are arguing with me armed with a butter knife while I am armed with a machine gun. You are just out of your league here. Nothing you are saying is relevant or even worthy. Like I said earlier, you are all fluff and no substance.

It's fine though, I used to be there with such black and white views on racism, then I got out and experienced more of the world and realized that everyone harbors some hate or dislike in them, but that doesn't automatically make them racist. They have to act on that hate first.

See, because you view racism as something can only happen to a minority, you have already shown me that you do not know what racism truly is. White people can certainly be and are victims of racism. There certainly ARE racist policies on the books against white people, AA being chief among them (by the way, I have no problem having a minority or non-white person getting a job or position that they are QUALIFIED for, but by and by AA results in MANY MANY MANY unqualified individuals getting jobs over more qualified ones all because they are minorities and that is wrong).

Then you defend wild accusations of racism against people for disagreeing with someone who happens to be a minority. Why do you think it is ok for a Democrat to call someone a racist for not liking the ACA? Why is it ok for a pro-Israeli person to call someone who doesn't like that Israel is an aggressive nation and a leach of American taxpayer money an anti-semite? Answer these questions. Forget my beliefs because they are irrelevant and a distraction. YOU are partaking in the very thing this thread is calling out and you don't even deem to acknowledge it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well please don't ever feel that way on my behalf. I have thick skin and can take criticism. But fear of reprisal is a bad reason not to discuss a problem or issue that you are passionate about. If I was scared of people calling me racist or hating me because I made this thread, then we wouldn't be having this conversation now. And look, some kid who doesn't understand my point has called me a racist. Do I care? Nope. I'll just continue to truck along and hope that he comes around to understand things better.

Some people like to troll. This is just a natural part of the internet. Sometimes that trolling is more subtle than others. But on another note, should we just not talk about an issue because it may offend someone?

Also keep in mind, many of these people that you are speaking about are probably former Christians who have to deal with Christians sticking their religion in their faces all the time. Eventually they get tired of this and push back, well their push back takes the form of speaking ill about Christianity whenever given the chance. Again I see no hate speech there, just people expressing their views.

That's good then. Me, I like to debate with these people. Hence why I'm still engaging the person who keeps calling me a racist in this thread. I know I have a way with words through my brashness and large vocabulary, but I view it all as practice. The best practice for debate is against the most stubborn and fallacious people.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The one you insult the most by not posting a thread or a response is yourself.
Your ideas and opinions are just as valid as anyone's.
This is how code words like "racist" work - they shut dialogue before it even happens out of fear.
Nobody is a label, our beliefs change with life experience.
Discussion and debate are an important part of our maturation process.
Forget their name-calling and assert your 1st Amendment rights.
(which is only ours so long as we choose to exercise it)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The problem with racists is that they don't even realize they are racists. And that leads them to think that people are "just playing the race card" when in reality they just don't recognize the racism.

The other problem with racists is that they think others should just ignore "race"...because that would make it easy for them to spout out their racists views/opinions without being confronted. But they don't see it as people calling out their racists views...they think people are just trying to deflect.

Look at Donald Sterling, this is exactly what he is doing...it is like he could have written this thread.

I agree with that.

On top of masking racism as criticism, there are many groups that are openly racist. Many of these exist on ATS.

Some people say that when someone is losing a argument, they pull the "race Card". Then we have some who want to spout racism yet get away by using the "you are using Race Card" Card.

They are the just as guilty as people who are using race card.

lol Obama administration made it widespread? maybe Obama becoming a president made the racist be racist? oh sorry, i mean "criticize".

Is that the word they use now.

edit on 5/14/2014 by luciddream because: grmr

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, but on the other side of the coin. One of the things I really don't like about this forum is I have quite regularly seen some utterly staggering displays of racism.

And usually the people uttering their racist statements quickly run and hide behind this defence of 'How dare you play the race card, your argument is invalid!' As many racists do, to avoid having to confront the reality that deep down they're actually racists.

So it's a difficult question.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuniorDisco
I don't see the race card being played that often, in the sense of someone shutting down an argument by calling the other person a racist. At least not as often as I hear of the card apparently being played. Could you give me a recent example?

WHAT?!?!?! You must live under a rock. It gets played by Liberals daily. If they don't get the desired result with the racist card they also typically resort to Class Warfare (aka hate the rich) and one of their all time favorites "you're all homophobic closet gays".

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: angelchemuel

Actually that is not true. There was a study done recently that showed kids are naturally born racist. It is a survival instinct and built into our DNA to want to be a part of a tribe that is most like ourselves. This means naturally wanting to be around people of your own color. It doesn't mean that person is bad or doesn't like people of the other color, they just generally feel more comfortable around them is all.

So everyone is racist whether they like it or not.

With all due respect to your unsubstantiated post...oblex spheroids...

There's always a 'grey' area....you could put a whole bunch of white kids of Christian up-bringing in the same room...there'll be still arguments over "Johnny stole my toy"...that's not racism....that's 'alpha male/territory' stuff.

That may not be right...but I defend my right to express my opinion to say so

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 14-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

The one you insult the most by not posting a thread or a response is yourself.
Your ideas and opinions are just as valid as anyone's.
This is how code words like "racist" work - they shut dialogue before it even happens out of fear.
Nobody is a label, our beliefs change with life experience.
Discussion and debate are an important part of our maturation process.
Forget their name-calling and assert your 1st Amendment rights.
(which is only ours so long as we choose to exercise it)

I agree entirely. Stormdancer you can disagree with me anytime.

Exploring ideas and opinions is something I truly enjoy.

Discussion and debate help the mind grow.

I also strongly feel the use of "ism's" has become so widespread that people are starting to just say to themselves (since it is politically incorrect to say it aloud)
"oh they are just pulling the ______ card"
and then proceed to either ignore the accusation and/or
think badly of the person using the "ism" as not being able to form a cogent discussion so they throw out
the "ism" like a child saying "is too"

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Hence my call to exercise restraint and some common sense before using that word. Many people can't tell the difference between racism and criticism to save their life, it's already happened in this very thread.

Racism is also against the T&C, calling someone a racist shouldn't even be necessary. If someone says something racist then report them. If the mods agree, they'll remove the post and give the poster an infraction or ban them outright. If it isn't racist then you MAY just be wrong and it is valid criticism. Again, also keep in mind, just because a person may be racist doesn't mean they aren't bringing up a valid point as well. The only thing accusing someone of being a racist does is anger them and put them on the defensive, not to mention it will likely derail the discussion for a time. It is unnecessary, especially since we have an established method for dealing with (real) racism on ATS.

And as I mentioned before, yes Obama made it widespread. Unless you would care to correct me on that and point me to a source that shows that we were yelling racist at the drop of a hat before Obama was elected President. I MAY be wrong, but I don't recall being told that I hate redneck hicks every time I questioned G.W. Bush's policies and actions.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Well, but on the other side of the coin. One of the things I really don't like about this forum is I have quite regularly seen some utterly staggering displays of racism.

So why haven't you reported it to the mods? If these people are being racist then the mods will remove it and if they keep doing it, they'll be banned. Simple as that. You don't have to derail a good discussion taking place by yelling racist at the one or two bad apples in it.

And usually the people uttering their racist statements quickly run and hide behind this defence of 'How dare you play the race card, your argument is invalid!' As many racists do, to avoid having to confront the reality that deep down they're actually racists.

So it's a difficult question.

It's hard to run and hide behind things when you don't know you are being investigated. Again just silently report them and continue the discussion (or don't) until their posts are actioned. And if they aren't actioned then, maybe, just MAYBE their words WEREN'T racist at all.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What you are really describing, in essence, is the left-wing liberal's and their party's debate tactics.

The Liberal Tactic: When confronted with truth, reality and facts, immediately try to bait the other person or their political party and label them a racist - so as to distract and derail the validity of their points.

If it didn't have some perceived benefit, then most decent liberals wouldn't mud-sling and play the racist card as often.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Listen up here buddy, racism isn't black and white. You are viewing racism as a black and white thing. You either are or you aren't racist. This is absurd since nothing else works that way. Dualism is wrong, reality is completely subjective, that includes even racism. It is possible to harbor some racist thoughts and not be full blown racist. It is part of being human. If you knew me (well at all), you'd know that I am one of the most compassionate and nice people you could meet, blunt yes, but I would never do anything to hurt someone else. You need to drop the dualistic view of racism that you have adopted. It isn't reality. Having stereotypical thoughts doesn't make you racist, it is just observing some like tendencies of a different group of people. I happen to ALSO laugh at stereotype jokes made at my own expense as well. Seriously you have a lot to learn about the world and hate. You really don't know what real racism is.

Racism is black and white...it's simple...do you make judgments based on someone's race or skin color in any capacity? If the answer to that question is yes, then you are racist.

There is no level of racism that is acceptable like you suggest. You can have some racists views and consider yourself non-racist. If you harbor any racists thoughts...I'm sorry...you are racist.

I have to cover this one specifically.

Having stereotypical thoughts doesn't make you racist, it is just observing some like tendencies of a different group of people.

YES IT DOES...that is EXACTLY the definition of being racist. Don't judge the group, judge the person.

And you would lose that bet. I'm 29. See there you go again with the dumb assumptions.

LOL, off by one year....I stand by my assessment of you.

How about you explain why it is necessary for an application to include someone's race if that isn't supposed to be taken into consideration when hiring someone.

Race is NOT supposed to be taken into consideration when hiring someone, no matter what their race is. But this information is required for statistical purposes. Since people are racists, and yes they still are, if someone doesn't monitor them to make sure they are practicing fair hiring...they won't do it.

So the reason you need to fill out your race on the application is so it can be shown that if you have x% of applicants are a certain race, then you should be close to having x% of employees of that race.

It's hilarious that you seem to be denying that racism is still a huge issue in our society and that people need to be monitored to make sure they aren't excluding certain races from employment. This is basic history that you should know.

Why is it racist to object to things like Obamacare?

Did I say it was?

Why is a game where a bunch of black people go and jump white people called a "game" yet a bunch of white people going and beating up a black person is a hate crime?

You are kidding right? No one calls it a game except the morons who are doing it. Do you think if the cops catch them that they just let them go because it was just a "game"? You know, because black kids are NEVER arrested...right???

You seem very bitter for some reason.

You are clearly young, I'm going to guess by the age comment earlier in the thread that you are probably even younger than I, say early twenties, late teens. You are probably in college and inundated with college liberalism and idealism.

At least my assessment of you was close....you are way off...I'm older than you. I'm 35, not in college and don't view the world in a idealistic way...that would be the person claiming that if we just ignore "race" then racism will go away *rollseyes*

You are arguing with me armed with a butter knife while I am armed with a machine gun. You are just out of your league here.

Who is arguing? I'm not arguing anything, just making observations which have obviously touched a nerve with you.

It's funny that you are puffing your chest out here though. I made an observation that you seem to have racists tendencies....and you came right out and confirmed those. Although according to you, you don't have ENOUGH racists views to be considered a racists. Let me tell you, with logical skills like that...I wouldn't brag too much about me not being in your league...I may just take it as a compliment.

It's fine though, I used to be there with such black and white views on racism, then I got out and experienced more of the world and realized that everyone harbors some hate or dislike in them, but that doesn't automatically make them racist. They have to act on that hate first.

WHAT????

LOL, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. So according to you, as long as you don't act on your hate of someone due to their race...then you aren't a racist. LOL!!!!

Seriously, you can't really believe that.

See, because you view racism as something can only happen to a minority, you have already shown me that you do not know what racism truly is. White people can certainly be and are victims of racism.

And where have I stated that I view racism as something that can only happen to a minority? Now you are just making things up.

However, in America, historically and currently racism has only had a detrimental effect on minorities on the whole.

There certainly ARE racist policies on the books against white people, AA being chief among them (by the way, I have no problem having a minority or non-white person getting a job or position that they are QUALIFIED for, but by and by AA results in MANY MANY MANY unqualified individuals getting jobs over more qualified ones all because they are minorities and that is wrong).

Sorry, but you are just wrong. You are misinformed and you are eating up right wing rhetoric.

Please show me the statistics of all the unqualified minorities (I hope it is in excess of a 25% rate) being hired over the qualified white worker. And how do you know this information? I don't think you have ever hired anyone...or else you would know that qualified/unqualified is not black and white (OH, I thought you didn't participate in dualism...I guess you do).

AA is not racist....it deals with percentages and statistics...it can work in favor of whites if they live in an area that is predominantly non-white. Please educate yourself before speaking out on a subject.

Then you defend wild accusations of racism against people for disagreeing with someone who happens to be a minority. Why do you think it is ok for a Democrat to call someone a racist for not liking the ACA?

Again, where did I say this?

You seem bitter...I'm sure there is a reason...but just remember, your situation in life is due to YOUR actions...not because you think you have been slighted by some group.

Stopping judging a person by what "group" they belong to and judge the individual. It's as simple as that.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews
That's rich coming from you, with your constant attempt at portraying atheists as socialist commies to distract and derail the validity of their points. lol

As per the OP though, yep, people cry the race card in all sorts of inappropriate situations. I've even had a Scottish person attempting to call me (a Welshman) racist in my Benefits for England if Scotland votes for independence - list yours here thread, and claims of racist style sentiments have even been made in my Obesephobe - could this be a new word for the 21st century? thread.

It is lame, and it seems that people are actually looking for some 'ist' 'phobe' label in every discussion to avoid real debate and slur the opponent in whichever argument is going on.

edit on 14-5-2014 by grainofsand because: Remove emoticon

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join