It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morel Mushrooms...Yummy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyone else hunt these delicious beings?

They are something else....

Yummy...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Around the area where I'm from there are a lot of people that "hunt" these. I must say that I am not a fan, however.

They are fun to look for though. The season is definitely in.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Count me in! I know where a few patches of them grow, and not even the CIA could get me to disclose where they are located. They are definitely awesome if your a fan of mushrooms.

Pladuim

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

We enjoy them also, had a really large find one year but not much since.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I love those things. The snow is still in the woods a little, I might be able to go out looking next week. We have a lot of hen of the woods and chicken of the woods here, and also oyster mushrooms. I see false morels in my yard, but not regular morels. I should go see the guy who owns two forties near me and ask permission to pick berries and mushrooms on his land. I used to buy supplies from his store before he sold it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
As a kid, we hunted these and my mom would fry them in butter and we'd make a meal out of them. SO delicious! They don't grow here, unfortunately...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oh Yeah! I just had another big mess. We call'em Molly Moochers. Some huge ones were found this year by many of my fam & friends. They're so good.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

It really is fun! That's pretty much how me and the family spent mother's day. We had a great time. I'm not a big mushroom lover either but, something about these, if cooked the right way, are amazing.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pladuim
Count me in! I know where a few patches of them grow, and not even the CIA could get me to disclose where they are located. They are definitely awesome if your a fan of mushrooms.

Pladuim

It's really funny how secretive people are about the location of these mushrooms....people just will not disclose the location no matter what.

We got very lucky and found a ton right across from our home....they were huge too. Some were as tall as a beer can. I know this because that's what my silly husband used to compare the size before he took pictures. He had to show off of course.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yep.. love em. I dont even have to hunt them now. My oldest daughter has a friend ( actually her boyfriends friend) who has a patch of them in his woods. He hates them and with the daughters boyfriend.. he may die if anything resembling a vegetable touches him... so they brought me about ***2.5 lbs** of them last weekend!! WOOHOO!!!

I "hunt" mushies and asparagus every year. Im the crazy lady in the ditch on the highway digging up asparagus..

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

That's a bummer. Did you place them in a mesh container or bag so that the spores would drop?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can't believe you still have snow! We just had 90 degree day here yesterday.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

My husband cooked them exactly the same way and then ate so many he nearly got sick. They are definitely very filling.

Sucks they don't grow near you.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Oh Yeah! I just had another big mess. We call'em Molly Moochers. Some huge ones were found this year by many of my fam & friends. They're so good.

I've never heard them called that before.

I just replied to another poster that we found some huge ones as well...the size of a beer can.

Man they are amazing....I think we're going out on another hunt this evening as long as our son doesn't have baseball practice. Here's to hoping practice is cancelled due to wet fields.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Yep.. love em. I dont even have to hunt them now. My oldest daughter has a friend ( actually her boyfriends friend) who has a patch of them in his woods. He hates them and with the daughters boyfriend.. he may die if anything resembling a vegetable touches him... so they brought me about ***2.5 lbs** of them last weekend!! WOOHOO!!!

I "hunt" mushies and asparagus every year. Im the crazy lady in the ditch on the highway digging up asparagus..

Well aren't you lucky! That's a lot.

You know, I saw a lady just the other day walking along the ditch of a local road. I just assumed she was looking for cans...perhaps that's what she was doing.

Heck...maybe it was you.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: Advantage

Well aren't you lucky! That's a lot.

You know, I saw a lady just the other day walking along the ditch of a local road. I just assumed she was looking for cans...perhaps that's what she was doing.

Heck...maybe it was you.

Shhh dont tell anyone you saw me..

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Lol....it will be our little secret.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A couple years ago, I had a whole mess grow on the edge of my yard, on a bank by the road. I was letting them get as big as they could before I plucked them. I was in the back yard and I heard a car stop. Some guy jumped out of his car with a plastic Wal-Mart bag, thinking he was gonna steal my 'shrooms. I walked over there calmly and asked him how he was gonna eat them. He started to tell me a recipe, ....and I said No! No! No! I mean, how will you eat them without any teeth, because you touch these, me & you are fighting. (I was joking and he knew it but he got the jist of what I was saying). He made his way back to his car and left. LOL

The thing is, they haven't grown back there. If they have, somebody's getting them before I see them. Probably that dude! lol
Today it's raining. If the sun pops out this evening it will be ripe for hunting and picking. I imagine my boys' teeball game will be cancelled so I might take them hunting.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Many years ago, a friend of ours gave us a mess of dried wild mushrooms: morrells, chantrels, and something else...can't remember which. So I made a "beefless" stew out of the dried morrells. It was pretty dang amazing if I do say so myself. lol! Would love to have some again.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Great story....I'm still laughing.

Not sure what to tell ya about them not coming back though. That's a real bummer.

Perhaps your thieves are not giving enough crap to use mesh containers.

A holes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join