It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milky Way's Magnetic Fingerprint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think this is in the right place. Mods feel free to move if not. Anyway, I've been mulling over this article on Space.com for the past few days and it just struck me how we're so tightly knit and inter-related in the universe. In this image, it shows the Magnetic Field of our Milky Way and it looks like fingerprints. This got me thinking......Are our fingerprints some type of magnetic record? Can you decode your magnetic lines: your fingerprint, and map your genetics, etc....?

Just wondering...What says ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Thats a great thought! As we are made up of energy, vibrations, and magnatism - it would only make sense too.

Here is an exerpt about fingerprints

One possible purpose of fingerprints is that they improve our sense of touch. In a recent study, scientists have investigated this idea by performing a series of experiments with artificial fingertips made of rubber-like sensors. The scientists compared the sensitivity between these grooved artificial fingertips and a smooth skin-like material, and found that the grooved fingertips produced vibrations up to 100 times stronger than the smooth material when sliding against a slightly rough surface.

The researchers, from the Ecole Normale Superieure in Paris, explained that increased vibrations give us an enhanced sense of touch, especially for detecting textures. As you rub your fingers across a textured surface, your fingerprints specifically amplify vibrations in an optimized frequency range to stimulate the Pacinian corpuscles, which are nerve endings in the skin that detect textures. In turn, texture information allows us to identify objects by touch.

As the finding demonstrates, not only does our nervous system (the "software") play a role in tactile computation, but the physical characteristics of the body (the "hardware") also enhance the computation when sensing.
However, the research doesn't explain why everyone's fingerprints are unique, or why our fingerprints are typically arranged in elliptical swirls. The scientists suggest that the loop design may ensure that some ridges are always brushing perpendicular to a surface, no matter the orientation of the fingertips. In addition, the researchers predict that this work could lead to enhanced tactile feedback for prosthetic hands.

Could the same be said in reverse - does the milky way's magnetic field look like a fingerprint in order to have contact with all the other magnetic forces it comes in contact with?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CeeRZ

Very nice article.

And as to your question, I think it is only reasonable to imagine that possible given, as above so below and mr.Razor.

Cheers

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
magnetism like gravity and other waves has signatures.

Buts its like, if you take a fish from one galaxy and put it in another galaxy's pond its waves woudnt match. Makes sense to me.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
They used "line integral convolution" to show what it looks like, pretty much any time they use that method it looks that way. Cool thought though

new topics

top topics

join