It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston bayous conceal over 100+ vehicles within its depths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Texas Equusearch, an all-volunteer search, rescue and recovery organization for missing persons, has discovered over 100 vehicles laying at the bottom of several Houston bayous. These vehicles were discovered during various search missions with the use of a sonar-equipped boat.

Just imagine the number of cold and missing person cases that could be solved if these cars and trucks were pulled from the water and investigated by authorities. The problem seems to be the Houston police department isn't really interested in even looking at the data collected by Texas Equusearch.

Here is what Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, has shared:

Miller said in late 2011, while his Texas Equusearch teams were searching Brays, Sims and Buffalo bayous in Houston with a sonar-equipped boat, they made the surprising and accidental discovery of 127 cars, trucks and even what is believed to be an intact big rig.

Miller contends an unidentified Houston police detective in 2011 did not want to see sonar images of several sunken vehicles, or GPS coordinates of the finds, and the officer did not want Miller to share the information with anyone, he said.

Source: KPRC Houston

I imagine the main problem here is a matter of money. One would think it would be the City of Houston's responsibility to foot the bill for recovering these vehicles. Miller has considered having his organization pull these vehicles from the water for the city although funding is not yet in place.

"Even if we don't find anyone on the bottom down there, we've got an environmental problem, we've got a flooding problem, and we've got a safety problem," Miller said.

C'mon, Houston. Get your act together!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

most of those cars are probably from people tired of making car payments.

It is easy to drive your car into a lake, wait 30 days for it to be considered unrecoverable and whammo, paid off.

Smarter than getting repo'd
as long as they aren't caught (re: almost never) for fraud.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Oh, I've no doubt that there are stolen or conveniently "lost" vehicles that have found their way to a watery grave. Happens all the time, so no surprise there.

But not all of those cars and trucks are stolen. Chances are pretty good that there may be foul play and other tragedies connected to some of these vehicles. Seems to me that the families and friends of these missing people deserve some closure.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For all those of us who are not Americans, Bayou = Swamp.

So with all of those cars down there, all having 'Gas' in them, this is where swamp gas comes from.

It just goes to show that there is neither money to be made nor is there any prestige to be had and therefore the 'We serve the people' just gets thrown out.

I mean, who cares! One of the richest States in the US, the mighty Texas and no one cares. Typical city hall reaction.

Get some boys out there, take some explosives, blow those puppies out of the water.

P

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
o id be willing to bet that those bayou's have been known as "A safe spot" for many generations. both "Good" Guys and "Bad" guys tend to use the "Safe spots" to make sure certain things and people disappear. political reasons, monetary reason, all kinds of reasons for people and property to end up at the bottom of a swamp. chances are the detective knows his little world will become alot more crowded and complicated if all those cars get ran.

it was probably some old timer detective hoping he could hold this whole thing off til he moved to boca rattan, equusearch needs to find some young buck or a politician wanting to make a name for them selves and go swimming. all about the people you surround yourself with and who you decide to help further the ideal. lots of people just want to die in peace at this point in time, best to avoid them when trying to do anything important lol. find someone who wants to blow this wide open and we will have some answers real quick.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
HAHA, I wonder if the police are going to have to find a new place to "loose" evidence.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

If even one missing person's remains were found it would be worth the expense of pulling these vehicles out. I imagine there's a better than average chance that more than a couple of these vehicles might be new evidence in some cold cases. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
In Houston, bayou = river/canal/channel.
Many of the vehicles in these bayous are the results of flash flooding. Houston has had a problem with this for as long as I can recall (which would go back to the start of the 1970's).
I have, personally, been caught in at least two such flash floods... Both times - I vacated the car into waist-to-chest high water.
Some vehicle's get swept away...and, especially on the roadways that run alongside these bayous.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm almost speechless. It seems quite irresponsible to just leave the vehicles there, but there is a financial commitment associated with recovery\cleanup. I certainly hope that it isn't ignored, covered up or forgotten about.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

unless that is "dexters" stomping ground

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Things that make you go ...mmmmmmm.

Maybe the PD don't wanna open a whole can of overtime. They know who and what maybe down there, even dating back to the JFK case.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"Over" 100+? So.... 200+?

Seems a bit oxymoronic doesn't it?

Sorry, I have nothing to add really. Interesting story though.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
"Over" 100+? So.... 200+?

Seems a bit oxymoronic doesn't it?

Sorry, I have nothing to add really. Interesting story though.

the article says:

127 cars, trucks and even what is believed to be an intact big rig. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sounds like HPD.They don't wanna validate anything that might make them work harder.Many of those cars could be related to cold cases.

top topics

join