It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know whats in the Patriot Act 2?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
People will wake up and realize whats going on eventually, I just hope its not to late when everyone opens thier eyes.

That's the problem. People don't realize that it's already too late, and has been for quite some time. They all feel like there's still time before the gov oversteps its boundaries. Well, they've been overstepping them for a long time now. They're good at doing it, in ways that don't attract much public attention. They're sneaky bastards.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned

That's the problem. People don't realize that it's already too late, and has been for quite some time. They all feel like there's still time before the gov oversteps its boundaries. Well, they've been overstepping them for a long time now. They're good at doing it, in ways that don't attract much public attention. They're sneaky bastards.

I dont know. 5 million people on Capitol Hill would speak volumes. If 5 million people went to the Hill, we could force them to change the legislation. It wont be long before that is impossible though. Soon, our rights to congrigate will be gone. They are already threatened. Dont forget the 'concentration camp' ant the RNC convention.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Untill then, let me remain a free citizen, not a slave to the establishment. People will wake up and realize whats going on eventually, I just hope its not to late when everyone opens thier eyes.

I agree, what difference WHOS chains you are wearing you are still a slave. What suprises me is this is coming from the Republicans, you know the "smaller government" and "get the government off of everyones back" group. And their supporters are cheering it on. If this had come under a Democrat President they would be howling for his head

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
If this had come under a Democrat President they would be howling for his head

No doubt. Look how they reacted to Clinton and his 'Oval Office Bonus Plan'
They nearly ran him out of America for that.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I agree, what difference WHOS chains you are wearing you are still a slave. What suprises me is this is coming from the Republicans, you know the "smaller government" and "get the government off of everyones back" group. And their supporters are cheering it on. If this had come under a Democrat President they would be howling for his head

While they've preached the "smaller gov" speech, they've never actually followed their own advise, IMO. It's nothing more than lip service. Libertarians are still the strongest "smaller gov" advocates.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Don't you love the "terrorists hate our freedom" line?

Yep. They're taking our freedom away. So to protect you, we're going to take your freedoms away.

How much sense does that make!?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
LOL It reminds me of that movie, "The Jerk", where the sniper is shooting at Steve Martin and he's shouting, "These cans! He's shooting at these cans! He hates these cans!" (or something like that)
It's so utterly ridiculous, it's not even conceivable.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

LOL It reminds me of that movie, "The Jerk", where the sniper is shooting at Steve Martin and he's shouting, "These cans! He's shooting at these cans! He hates these cans!" (or something like that)
It's so utterly ridiculous, it's not even conceivable.

Awsome movie! Its been so long since I have seen that movie, that I forgot about that part. You are absolutly right in your analogy

Those glasses were a riot

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

While they've preached the "smaller gov" speech, they've never actually followed their own advise, IMO. It's nothing more than lip service. Libertarians are still the strongest "smaller gov" advocates.

Yhat is why I joined the Libertarian Party

I strongly urge Republicans to look at what there party is DOING not what they SAY.If you REALLY want smaller government and more freedom the LP is the way to go

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I dont know. 5 million people on Capitol Hill would speak volumes. If 5 million people went to the Hill, we could force them to change the legislation. It wont be long before that is impossible though. Soon, our rights to congrigate will be gone. They are already threatened. Dont forget the 'concentration camp' ant the RNC convention.

Unfortunately, if the PAII is passed into law, that could (and probably would) be deemed a "terrorist" offence and could even carry the death penalty.

Although I agree that things would have to be pretty bad for the US Gov to execute 5 million people!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaitan

Although I agree that things would have to be pretty bad for the US Gov to execute 5 million people!

It didnt take much for Hitler to kill millions of jews that were German citizens. I doubt Bush would have a problem with it if it came down to it. Lets hope it doesnt.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yhat is why I joined the Libertarian Party

I strongly urge Republicans to look at what there party is DOING not what they SAY.If you REALLY want smaller government and more freedom the LP is the way to go

Libertarian Party is too socially liberal for me.

If you're ultra-conservative, Constitution Party is ideal. They're for smaller government too. They'd ditch the Patriot Act, ditch Homeland Security, and ditch the Department of Education for starters.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What's liberal about Libertarian policies? Please, do elaborate. What, specifically, are you talking about?

I went to read the Constitution Party's issues, and the very first thing I read is that they're anti-abortion christians. There's no way I'd have anything to do with those idiots.
They're anti-prochoice, apparently. You can't believe in the Constitution and be anti-prochoice. They also seem to be protectors of religious faith, more than anything. They want education and religion to be one. They can stay out of the government completely, as far as I'm concerned. Those people aren't right.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Damned]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What's liberal about Libertarian policies? Please, do elaborate. What, specifically, are you talking about?

I went to read the Constitution Party's issues, and the very first thing I read is that they're anti-abortion christians. There's no way I'd have anything to do with those idiots.
They're anti-prochoice, apparently. You can't believe in the Constitution and be anti-prochoice. They also seem to be protectors of religious faith, more than anything. They want education and religion to be one. They can stay out of the government completely, as far as I'm concerned. Those people aren't right.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Damned]

Actually, legalized abortion is AGAINST the Constitution. It deprives an unborn child's right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I believe it's the Fifth Amendment, if I remember right, that says you can't be deprived of life or liberty without due process.

Given that the unborn child is human, he/she is protected by the Constitution as well. That's how legalized abortion is unconstitutional.

A woman's "right to choose" to kill her child, born or unborn, is nowhere in the Constitution. Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton were the result of judges legislating from the bench. They are both unconstitutional.

I believe people have the right to their own bodies--to a degree (think illegal drugs)--but so long as it doesn't harm anyone else. A woman does NOT have the fundamental right to an abortion.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
We told you so. I am actually shocked that in 5 pages of replies, only one has been FOR the Patriot Act II, I thought given the general complacement and brainwashed mentality I have witnessed in quite a lot of the forum members, there would have been manifold more FOR's.

We have told you from as early as a decade that the NWO is going to form and the world will turn into a prison planet. Alex Jones, amongst others, have been giving you all the information you need. But you have not listened, and now that you no longer have any power, you're feeling the ramafications of your ignorance now.

I already knew about these laws as early as 2-3 years ago. However, this is not even the worst law, the worst by far has to be one that was reported recently, the right of police to use deadly force on civilians. You're screwed people. I don't even know what I can recommend you should do, because you've left it too late, and no longer have any powers to make a change.

But please pay a visit to my NWO Survival Planning thread(in my signature) and use the extremely valuable information in it, and prepare yourself as rapidly as you can.

I told you in my "Nazi America" thread, that I was condemend for by many, and the reality of which is now proving to be true, that you remove absolute support for the administration and it's policies, and most definitelty it's war on terrorism, which is nothing but a farce to usher in global facism.

I understand there are many of you who have friends and family fighting in Iraq, so you feel you are emotionally supporting this war. But, what you need to understand, they have been systematically brainwashed by the state to commit institutional crimes against people. These will be the same forces that will form the police of the NWO police state. What this war will culminate into is a third world war. Governments all over the world are preparing for it as we speak.

So, if you are against the facism government, then withdraw your support for it's actions completely, by the following:

1. Deny the War on Terrorism
2. Deny the War on Iraq
3. Deny the War on Iran
4. Deny the Police state
5. Deny the New World Order
6. Deny Gun control.
7. Most of all deny anyone and everyone who supports the NWO, the ID card and the patriot acts.

You are going to have to actively get involved in an information campaign to dissenimate the information to your locals. I am having no luck. I have a friend, if you can call him that, who has just graduated with a degree in law, and you would think someone like this would understand laws such as the patriot act/National ID card are open to gross misuse, but he is as complacent and ignorant as anyone in society.

We British are more scewed than you. At least you have guns, here we are not allowed any form of weapon or what can be used as a weapon.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

So, if you are against the facism government, then withdraw your support for it's actions completely, by the following:

1. Deny the War on Terrorism
2. Deny the War on Iraq
3. Deny the War on Iran
4. Deny the Police state
5. Deny the New World Order
6. Deny Gun control.
7. Most of all deny anyone and everyone who supports the NWO, the ID card and the patriot acts.

I pretty much do deny these actions. I say pretty much because I dont think any body really needs an assault rifle. Im all for hand guns and rifles, even shotguns. Stock up and go huntin if you want

But you are right, and the ideas you are presenting are where I eventually wanted this thread to turn to. Sort of a slow steering of the conversation. You just got there a little before I had intended on bringing this up
I dont think its NWO like most people think of the NWO. I think in terms of globalization thrpugh capitolism with multinational corporate conglomerates. No one individual is the true controller of all, There are many boards of people all contributing to the playout of this game.

Im very political about voicing my concerns about my government, but it is because only through informing people of the local action can they eventually see the entire map of the game.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Actually, legalized abortion is AGAINST the Constitution. It deprives an unborn child's right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I believe it's the Fifth Amendment, if I remember right, that says you can't be deprived of life or liberty without due process.

Given that the unborn child is human, he/she is protected by the Constitution as well. That's how legalized abortion is unconstitutional.

A woman's "right to choose" to kill her child, born or unborn, is nowhere in the Constitution. Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton were the result of judges legislating from the bench. They are both unconstitutional.

I believe people have the right to their own bodies--to a degree (think illegal drugs)--but so long as it doesn't harm anyone else. A woman does NOT have the fundamental right to an abortion.

I won't get into the abortion issue with you in this thread, but your interpretation of the Constitution is flawed. For that matter, your interpretation of "life" is flawed. There's absolutely no difference between abortion and preventing pregnancy. According to your logic, a woman shouldn't even have the right to prevent pregnancy. Nor should a man have the right to waste sperm. (It's potential life, after all!)
But that's for another thread. I'm sure there is one on this subject somewhere.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Damned]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I dont think its NWO like most people think of the NWO. I think in terms of globalization thrpugh capitolism with multinational corporate conglomerates. No one individual is the true controller of all, There are many boards of people all contributing to the playout of this game.

Everyone is involved, including the common man in the NWO. It is elite few, whom I call the men god elites, that have masterminded the NWO and orchestrate and control everything. However, we are their power. As soon as we withdraw our support, they become powerless.

Even right now, if more than 60% of society became aware of them and withdrew their support, the NWO could yet be averted. Unfortunately, that will not happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i hope you all know that a great bit of "THE ACT" was approoved by congress last week after having been attached to the intelligence
reform bill. which also relegates drivers licencing and other things
to homeland sec. help

The intelligence package that Congress approved this week includes a series of little-noticed measures that would broaden the government's power to conduct terrorism investigations, including provisions to loosen standards for FBI surveillance warrants and allow the Justice Department to more easily detain suspects without bail.

msnbc link

seriously, we need help
x

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I was aware of that. I think the powers that be realized that the patriot act II would never pass with the attention it has garnered. They have been forced to break it up in smaller chunks and tack them on to other bills to get it passed. I think it is getting close to the no turning back zone. America is on a downward spiral to self destruction. Remember, Russia and Germany were both very successful countries in thier own right befor they fell. These countries straied befor they fell, much as America is failing now. I Love my country, but my government leaves much to be desired.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join