It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria refused help to search for kidnapped girls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — The president of Nigeria for weeks refused international help to search for more than 300 girls abducted from a school by Islamic extremists, one in a series of missteps that have led to growing international outrage against the government.

The United Kingdom, Nigeria's former colonizer, first said it was ready to help in a news release the day after the mass abduction on April 15, and made a formal offer of assistance on April 18, according to the British Foreign Office. And the U.S. has said its embassy and staff agencies offered help and were in touch with Nigeria "from day one" of the crisis, according to Secretary of State John Kerry.

Nigeria refused help to search for kidnapped girls

This is certainly an interesting thing to come up. It's being carried by Associated Press, not a secondary news organization so it's accurate or that in itself is a story, IMO. At least to what has happened or known to this point.

It's also a very long article so I certainly encourage everyone to go to the source and read through to get the details of this. The AP has put together a sort of summary of both the good and the bad from all around events related to this in the article. I think it's going to bring new attention to a few things, by the way it reads.

I hope international focus isn't lost from the girls, who this is supposed to be all about. However, some hard questions appear to be coming and within Nigeria, by Nigerians.
edit on 12-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This piece of cowardice seems to be falling on the shoulders of more than Boko Harem rebels....
The posturing,false information, and lack of promptness has probably cost the chances of recovering the kids.....
Any credibility the Nigerian government may have garnered is now defunct.
Further interaction, support, or even direct involvement by outside agencies is severely compromised.......
The strategy of kidnapping girls is likely to escalate at this juncture as the ploy so far has been more than successful for the rebs.....That too falls on the shoulders of an inept, possibly even corrupt government.....
Things are bound to get worse in Nigeria.....guaranteed.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I heard about this, apparently they turned it down as they want to be seen as the super power of Africa and to accept outside help would have displayed their weakness in dealing with their own internal problems. Pride comes before a fall.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
what if the terrorists are getting thier funds from Alcia duh or saudi arabia or John McCain?
and it just isn't being reported on TV
like it never is

get kony redux?
say, where is that airplane they were looking for again?
in the sock drawer with Iraq's WMD's, Osama Bin laden, and obama's birth certificate?
edit on Monam5b20145America/Chicago37 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
KONY V2.0 is all this is.
Move along now, nothing to see here.
Team America at work!!
F Yeah!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Or maybe they know once you let American soldiers in your country they don't leave so quickly.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Is this legit Wrabbit? The reason i ask is because there are an awful lot of counter claims coming out at the moment. As in "we know where they are", "we don't know where they are", "they have been rescued", "they haven't been rescued", etc, etc.

If true, then you would have to wonder why but i cannot really believe it.....at this stage......

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Check the history, Americans tend to like to kill non-white people of foreign nations , so unless you want to be slaughtered for freedom I would not let any Western nation set military foot in your country.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The girls are Muslim.

The people that took them are Muslim.

Was this a real kidnapping or is it a scam to get something from the Nigerian government.

You have to remember what country this is and its record of scams.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Or maybe they know once you let American soldiers in your country they don't leave so quickly.

Or maybe girls aren't worth much in that part of the world...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi

originally posted by: dashen

Or maybe girls aren't worth much in that part of the world...

twelve bucks.

maybe 20 if they look good in a full burkah.

the gals were forced to convert. like u when the JW's or LDS when they come to your door on a sat.

they shoved religion down some throats, didn't they?

let them sweat, USA, france and UK ain't no joke.

these idiots are in for a world of hurt, i hope.

edit on 31241551031pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

It's so very sad. And what a farce the crying first lady of Nigeria...
They apparently don't feel all too connected with the people their supposed to serve and protect. Corruption and arrogance, and as always, the weakest have to suffer.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Is this legit Wrabbit? The reason i ask is because there are an awful lot of counter claims coming out at the moment.

I hear what you're saying and I did give some real thought to whether I wanted to share this or not. On the face, it's something that really needs a solid source, and that is what I'll say makes the difference for me.

It's not that I bestow Associated Press with some magical credibility mojo, but they are among the few left with world wide reach and who directly report or deal one on one with those who DO report the events personally. So many are aggregators these days, and then aggregators that aggregate for others to take feeds from. It gets pretty silly how it's going in that way. Even among MSM.

However, in all seriousness, if this isn't correct and there was any reasonable way for AP to have known? Their 'standing' really would make that worthy of more than just a thread for the level of sloppy vetting it would represent, IMO. (Not unique..just news worthy in it's own right)
edit on 13-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join