It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Device(s) at Area 51 Border: Revisited April 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is the latest "episode" continuing this thread I created 1 year ago here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One the main tasks I had in mind for the latest trip I just returned from, was to revisit this "gate" and try and get some better pictures of the devices. Out of the many pictures I took, these are probably the best. Taken from 3 different angles:

Angle 1

Angle 1 Closeup

Angle 2

Angle 2 Closeup 1

Angle 2 Closeup 2

Angle 3

Angle 3 Closeup

About the mysterious box: it appears to be just an electrical panel box. Nothing any more interesting than that. You can see the two conduits mate to fittings on the bottom of the box. There is a heavy ground wire running from a fitting on the bottom of the box, wired to one of the supports, then it continues to the ground. Likely attached to a ground rod pounded into the ground.

From two of the angles, there appears to me to be a "weather hood" for the top of a vertical conduit, on the cement pad behind the box. See picture below for reference:
Conduit Weather Hood

Normally you would see cables coming out these hoods. However, I have never seen one at ground level. Normally you would see them on the top of a conduit attached to the side of a building.

So the mystery is... still a mystery. I actually made two trips in to this gate to get pictures, the first ones I wasn't happy with. My second time I ripped in there fast from Hwy 375, directly to the gate. The camo dudes never did show up for the 15 minutes or so I was there. It would take them time to get from the guard shack to this gate. I really REALLY had to talk myself out of running the 50 ft. or so across the border to get some closeups of this damn mysterious box!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

IN angle 1 closeup is that a manhole cover on the ground? The fire extinguisher makes me think whatever it is may create a fire. I wonder what the face of it is? Solar panel? Exhaust system? As far as the little dome, yea it looks like conduit cap and maybe it is a plug in type or something, with fixed sockets inside? Maybe it is a drone launch or fueling station? Either way nice find and investigation and I am surprised the 'guys' didn't confront you. Look froward to any followup.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: speculativeoptimist

IN angle 1 closeup is that a manhole cover on the ground? The fire extinguisher makes me think whatever it is may create a fire. I wonder what the face of it is? Solar panel? Exhaust system? As far as the little dome, yea it looks like conduit cap and maybe it is a plug in type or something, with fixed sockets inside? Maybe it is a drone launch or fueling station? Either way nice find and investigation and I am surprised the 'guys' didn't confront you. Look froward to any followup.

I see what you mean, the panel is right on the edge of a cement pad, but whatever is on the ground on the other side of the upright panel is a different color, kind of yellow. Might be an underground "services vault" where underground cables come to. Kind of hard to explain, this might help:
www.americanteledata.com...

Consensus was the fire extinguisher was because of some kind of regulations requiring it.

"I am surprised the 'guys' didn't confront you"
Oh they were on my butt most of the first day I took pictures. If I panned slightly left in picture 1, their truck was right there beside the panel. 100 ft or so away from me.

Out of respect for these guys , I seldom take pictures of them or their vehicles, especially any closeups. They are just doing their job, making sure the tourists and the occasional Area 51 nut like me, stay on the legal side of the border... well, usually.

edit on 11-5-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Also, I should point out in "Angle 3 Closeup" you can see the OTHER side of the panel box. Looks like a blank door. And perhaps a lock or switch on the side (see "Angle 2 Closeup 1 ")

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

a reply to: speculativeoptimist
The fire extinguisher makes me think whatever it is may create a fire.

sometimes a fire extinguisher is just a fire extinguisher........othertimes it dispenses excruciatingly painful CO2 gas causing global meltdown....

on a serious note,,,looks like the front is being protected from view sorta like a speakerbox,,,maybe it is a speaker , a excruciatingly painful one or a device sending out EMP that will disable vehicles....

Which way is this thing pointing ???? --- toward the entry gate ,, or certain part of the road ???

edit on 11-5-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Great pics Foster. The one thing that strikes me is. In looking at the desolation of the surrounding area...why in the hell are there above ground, solar powered *units* with fire extinguishers no less, even there.

I would think, they are for something, maybe a vast underground tunnel network? It certainly makes my mind start going to *those* places. I try to think of a scenario, utilizing the *units* in your pics. Did you by any chance get to observe them at night? If so, did they light up like a locator beacon.

Everything leads me to below ground...

S&F...thanks.

Des

edit on 11-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have almost the exact thing at the entrances where I work. It is a magnetic reader that card reads from a short distance to vehicles pulling up. It looks just exactly like this.

I will take a photo tomorrow Monday and post it to this thread. Id say the gov is just using the same thing as my company has.....a large magnetic strip reader.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Great pics Foster. The one thing that strikes me is. In looking at the desolation of the surrounding area...why in the hell are there above ground, solar powered *units* with fire extinguishers no less, even there.

I would think, they are for something, maybe a vast underground tunnel network? It certainly makes my mind start going to *those* places. I try to think of a scenario, utilizing the *units* in your pics. Did you by any chance get to observe them at night? If so, did they light up like a locator beacon.

Everything leads me to below ground...

S&F...thanks.

Des

Vast underground tunnel network? Sorry Des, personally I think the explanation is far more mundane.

From the satellite imagery when I first discovered/noticed this, it appears they trenched in cable(s) from the guard shack to a couple of points: 1) the device I photographed at this gate: 37°29'30.74"N, 115°40'24.69"W and 2) this gate, which comes to/from the Medlin Ranch: 37°24'11.35"N, 115°37'11.85"W

Let's say you were a cattleman, like the Medlin ranch, and you wanted to cross the border to round up your stray cattle. Two of the most likely trails for cattle to get onto the range would be the spots above. Or a dry wash. I think likely there is a similar box at #2, where Mr. Cattleman opens the box, lifts a phone receiver that is a direct line to the guard shack, and he tells whoever answers he wants to go in and get his cattle.

Or it's a landing/refueling point for a drone. Or there is a vast underground network and that is an access point

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
I have almost the exact thing at the entrances where I work. It is a magnetic reader that card reads from a short distance to vehicles pulling up. It looks just exactly like this. I will take a photo tomorrow Monday and post it to this thread. Id say the gov is just using the same thing as my company has.....a large magnetic strip reader.

But why there? It is a sh*tty trail that eventually comes out either west of Medlin Ranch, or right at the guard shack.

Wait - you could be on to something. Perhaps the Medlin ranch has RFID devices they carry with them, when they cross the border. Lets the camo dudes at the shack know it's a "friendly" crossing the border. There is a corral here: 37°24'15.29"N 115°41'10.45"W, a "cattle waterer?" here: 37°25'36.59"N 115°41'29.47"W or here: 37°26'17.22"N 115°41'23.66"W or here: 37°27'8.37"N 115°39'16.72"W. I am guessing they need to go and check these once in a while. A series of these boxes would get triggered when they passed them, so the dudes would know where they are, and when they leave.

gariac has speculated that the worker vehicles that cross the border do so without the camo dudes coming and sitting on their usual spot on the hill to keep an eye on the tourists. Perhaps they also have RFID devices to alert the quard shack they are coming through...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger
It is a magnetic reader that card reads

oh so it will read peoples driver's license & credit cards,,,well that make the identification process alot easier,, it beats having to go down there & asking VS alot of questions

you should put all your stuff in a Faraday cage from now on...

edit on 11-5-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Long range magnetic card readers on ali baba

looks about what would fit in the box. i used to work with wireless internet and we used square panels to beam info around and they worked great in a shotgun dont gotta aim it sorta way. any kind of long distance pin point high flow didnt really work on them but they were awesome and beaming wireless into a general area like a food court or something of that nature. a panel inside that being used to gather rather then broadcast would cast a nice little net out and would like the above posters said be able to grab credit card data or drivers license data or another RFID chips you have.

id bet they are even more high tech then anything i used in 2007 for residential wireless lol and they probably can do all kinds of nifty tricks with it. i reckon its some kind of electronic data gathering station anyway. alot of wires going in and out and that makes me think 1. power and 2. bandwidth.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
After looking at the pics it almost looks like an LRAD or possibly an ADS that is permanently fixed to the ground. Both systems required serious juice to operate.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
Long range magnetic card readers on ali baba

looks about what would fit in the box. i used to work with wireless internet and we used square panels to beam info around and they worked great in a shotgun dont gotta aim it sorta way. any kind of long distance pin point high flow didnt really work on them but they were awesome and beaming wireless into a general area like a food court or something of that nature. a panel inside that being used to gather rather then broadcast would cast a nice little net out and would like the above posters said be able to grab credit card data or drivers license data or another RFID chips you have.

id bet they are even more high tech then anything i used in 2007 for residential wireless lol and they probably can do all kinds of nifty tricks with it. i reckon its some kind of electronic data gathering station anyway. alot of wires going in and out and that makes me think 1. power and 2. bandwidth.

I am starting to think this is what it is, just Google "long range RFID entry system"

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Well...with that bit of info you provided, I'm going to let imagination run loose here.

The alien hybrids located in Area 51, have surgically implanted RFID chips. Those devices you took pics of are like electric fences for dogs with shock collars.The RFID chips in the aliens trigger the devices to notify base of potential escapes.

There...I let that one out of the box...

Des

edit on 12-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS
well, usually.

You rebel you!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

aye a buncha nifty gadgets that look about the same. to me the tubes seem overkill but it could also be shielded to prevent leaks. tempest tech or whatever. i also know that wireless electronics don't like temperature fluctuations like a nevada 100 degree day to -20 degree night. that would make all my old gear have fits. every winter we found 20 new weak points we had to go heat or insulate somehow from all the new work we did all year during the moderate temperatures. was a nightmare those first couple cold cold fall days.

ya id reckon its something along those lines, the long range RFID entry systems, just a dessert weather version. a dessert weather area 51 gate version to be more accurate lol.

now i wonder WTF the fire extinguishers for tho lol. the big ass conduit could really be bringing in a serious amount of juice for some kind of LRAD system like an above poster mentioned... it is area 51 so I'm guessing its some kind of black version of the Long range RFID system with all kinds of cool tricks we can only speculate on.
edit on 12-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: add reply

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

For reference...one can sit in their vehicles, semis, passenger cars and vans...and pedestrians...and just wave it...even AT it or towards it from a measured distance.... and you can roll right by pretty quickly. It will catch the chip in your card/badge..

I use it myself at least once a week when finding a need at work to go in and out of a specific area You didn't say...but Im curious if there is also a small/tiny button on it either top, bottom, back or around the frame?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I will get that photo in the next day or so and post here...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

They could be used for remote logging sentries making rounds times. This is so interesting. I still wonder what the fire extinguishers are for. It's in the middle of the desert...what is there to catch on fire.

Unless the contents of FE are a lethal toxin to aliens...woo hoo...

Des

edit on 12-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
apparently its being postulated that you can use LRAD as a type of imaging sonar type thing too. people have tested LRAD doing ground penetration heres an abstract of a write up some asian fellows did.

LRAD study

you gotta be a member to download the PDF so i cant get further but thats another idea. those conduit and fire extinguisher just make me think its more then any normal kind of wireless/RFID stuff. this is area 51 tho I've said it a few times now in a few threads, these are the people that brought us the tactic of cutting out big ole tarps in exotic shapes to lay down strange thermal outlines on the runway's to fool the russian satellites. would be pretty easy to camo a mundane wireless RFID reader and make people go on a wild goose hunt for whats in there all the while their info is nice a safely filed away under "Gate pest!" lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join